E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Brake replacement coming up..

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

So I've got 8,000 kilometers for my front and 10k for my back, and I figure since I'm replacing the pads and likely the rotors as well, is there an aftermarket pad and rotor that are recommended? I've considered ceramics for lower dust, better performance, etc. Thoughts on this?

And the rotors, as I understand I'll very likely need to replace all 4 rotors as well. Is there a better solution for similar money from the OEM's that I should consider?

For Brake Pads I was thinking these - http://www.ctbrakes.com/pads/bmw.html but not sure what compound would be best (extreme high middle east temps, moderate use, etc). Any thoughts on them?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='781381' date='Jan 30 2009, 02:41 PM
So I've got 8,000 kilometers for my front and 10k for my back, and I figure since I'm replacing the pads and likely the rotors as well, is there an aftermarket pad and rotor that are recommended? I've considered ceramics for lower dust, better performance, etc. Thoughts on this?

And the rotors, as I understand I'll very likely need to replace all 4 rotors as well. Is there a better solution for similar money from the OEM's that I should consider?

For Brake Pads I was thinking these - http://www.ctbrakes.com/pads/bmw.html but not sure what compound would be best (extreme high middle east temps, moderate use, etc). Any thoughts on them?

Try this website....I dont know if they ship international, but when I do my brakes, I will be getting the slotted rotors and EBC red-stuff pads for lower brake dust. At least it may give you some idea's of whats out there.

http://www.advancebmwparts.com/

GL
Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

I have pads and rotors for a 545 in stock. PM sent
Old 01-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='781381' date='Jan 30 2009, 04:41 PM

Get the Axxis Deluxe dustless pads , they are as good as oem for performance without the dust, lots of us have them and LOVE them !!