E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bought 06 Xenon Headlights... venting

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='914075' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:27 PM
Well, sometimes, ur TOO eager to get it done and it happens. It happens to me a lot actually.
i always get to excited and forget something.

anyways...hope everything gets resolved. kind of throws a flag at me considering i would like to order a kit from umnitza. from what i have seen these guys do a pretty good job. every business is going to have some screw ups here and there. Its how they handle the situation and more forward from stuff like this! Good luck to everyone involved!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='914734
i always get to excited and forget something.

anyways...hope everything gets resolved. kind of throws a flag at me considering i would like to order a kit from umnitza. from what i have seen these guys do a pretty good job. every business is going to have some screw ups here and there. Its how they handle the situation and more forward from stuff like this! Good luck to everyone involved!
Well, they only keep messing up lights. Bumpers r fine.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Now, I want to update this a little.

I have sent my lights back for a refund, with a OMG shipping cost of $100.

Matt has made me an offer that if I send him the ballast ($280 w/ lamp holders as well) that I purchased elsewhere, he will waive the 20% restocking fee. (The lights cost $1299)

Now, I have mentioned that I am new to all this, so I am hoping I can get an input from the community. Is this the right thing to do? While I can understand from the merchant's perspective of not wanting to lose money, the reason we're here in the first place is because the seller gave me incorrect information.

While I did receive what I purchased, it's really a moot point when it's not everything I needed when I was told that.

I am just at a loss to accepting the 20% restocking fee, as this would've never happened in the first place if I was given the correct information.

As I mentioned yesterday, I had spoke to my bank about the chargeback process, and today I have called them to put a hold on it. I would like to resolve this, as I may still be a customer to Umnitza if this can be made right.

So the bottom line is... is this what I am left with? To eat the 20% restocking fee even though I was given the misinformation? I would like to get the community's input prior to making my next steps.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Black Graphite Metallic|Black Options:Sport Package|Premium|Cold Weather|6speed |Logic 7|Active Steering

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='915831' date='Jun 18 2009, 01:28 PM
Now, I want to update this a little.

I have sent my lights back for a refund, with a OMG shipping cost of $100.

Matt has made me an offer that if I send him the ballast ($280 w/ lamp holders as well) that I purchased elsewhere, he will waive the 20% restocking fee. (The lights cost $1299)

Now, I have mentioned that I am new to all this, so I am hoping I can get an input from the community. Is this the right thing to do? While I can understand from the merchant's perspective of not wanting to lose money, the reason we're here in the first place is because the seller gave me incorrect information.

While I did receive what I purchased, it's really a moot point when it's not everything I needed when I was told that.

I am just at a loss to accepting the 20% restocking fee, as this would've never happened in the first place if I was given the correct information.

As I mentioned yesterday, I had spoke to my bank about the chargeback process, and today I have called them to put a hold on it. I would like to resolve this, as I may still be a customer to Umnitza if this can be made right.

So the bottom line is... is this what I am left with? To eat the 20% restocking fee even though I was given the misinformation? I would like to get the community's input prior to making my next steps.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! How is ANY of this your fault? Why should it cost you? It was only a matter of time before I ordered kits from these guys. Now I'm not sure its worth the risk.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flint' post='915854' date='Jun 18 2009, 10:51 AM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! How is ANY of this your fault? Why should it cost you? It was only a matter of time before I ordered kits from these guys. Now I'm not sure its worth the risk.
Yeah... I don't know. I mean, I made it very clear that I am a newb and inexperienced, so I needed help in being told what I needed. And that was what I was told.

Now this next note is directed towards Umnitza and Matt, as I imagine you guys would be keeping an eye on this thread:

Reality is that I am not trying to create a community backlash, as I just want to get a consensus of what is the "right" thing to do. I have spoken to another merchant about this and I was told that as a seller, the right thing to do would be to own it up and take it as a learning experience.

However, as I mentioned, I can understand the reluctance to lose money (goes for both of us). And since I am so new to all of this, I want to gather the opinion of others to determine what makes the most sense and what's fair to everyone.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Actually, after sleeping on it. I'm going to be refunding you the full amount of your purchase.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='915886' date='Jun 18 2009, 01:36 PM
Actually, after sleeping on it. I'm going to be refunding you the full amount of your purchase.
Matt, I would expect you are refunding the full amount of nomis_nehc purchase as well as reimbursing nomis_nehc the full amount for return shipping to you since this was umnitza's mistake. nomis_nehc should be reimbursed for return shipping as well as the full amount of his purchase.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 525xi Jet black sprint booster ACS front lip

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='915897' date='Jun 18 2009, 02:50 PM
I would expect you are refunding the full amount of his purchase as well as reimbursing him the full amount for return shipping to you since this was your mistake. He should be reimbursed for return shipping as well.

+1
Old 06-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Humm...

Matt, I do appreciate it. If, like these member suggest, you decide to imburse me for the return shipping, that would be cool. Otherwise I am fine with absorbing the cost of shipping. As I said, we all hate to lose money, obviously, haha.

Anyway, I would like to think I am logical and rational, and would definitely put this behind me. As far as I am concerned, I would give Umnitza another go for future orders. After all, Matt is making an effort to make this right, and I definitely appreciate it.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Members

are you mad? take all the money, it seems to me theyve only given in because of this forum
and can't help but think this won't be the last time this comes up. Don't let them look like they're doing you a favour!

Quick Reply: Bought 06 Xenon Headlights... venting