E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bought 06 Xenon Headlights... venting

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='914075' date='Jun 17 2009, 12:27 AM
Well, sometimes, ur TOO eager to get it done and it happens. It happens to me a lot actually.
I understand it happens, but to avoid unecessarily taking apart the headlight unit and to find out what the OP ordered was not shipped completely, he should of checked the contents in the package first.
That would be the most sensible thing to do.
Companies also make mistakes too.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='914496' date='Jun 17 2009, 08:40 AM
I understand it happens, but to avoid unecessarily taking apart the headlight unit and to find out what the OP ordered was not shipped completely, he should of checked the contents in the package first.
That would be the most sensible thing to do.
Companies also make mistakes too.

+1 There is a reason that almost all the DIY's on this forum list the parts/tools needed, always make sure you have everything you need before starting a project - especially if it involves taking apart your car, because after you take it apart it's a bad time to find out you need to run to the parts store.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

I think its rude to bag on the vendor before they even have a chance to respond to your problem.

And why wouldn't you have opened the boxes first, thats half the fun seeing your new toys!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Contributors

I just don't see how they can miss something like that?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by Ellicit' post='914660' date='Jun 17 2009, 01:18 PM
I just don't see how they can miss something like that?
Maybe there is a seperate package that was delayed in shipping or lost in transit. Shit happens.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Nah guys.

Actually, I am in the same boat as well.

I am surprised that someone is in the same exact situation as I am, except I am probably a little bit further along.

Allow me to give my account.

I spoke to Matt or Tim on chat (6/4) prior to ordering the Hella Xenon replacements. I state that I have halogens, looking to convert to Xenon. I was assured that this is all, and what I need. To be absolutely positive, I called in and spoke to Matt. Confirmed that it's all I needed. Placed my order.

Happily received the shipment on the 6th. I am in Southern California, so it's expected to be (at most) 2 day delivery.

Opened it up, turns out it's missing the ballast. A bit annoyed, I checked the product page... fine, it does not say it include the ballast. Come Monday, I rang up Matt. He apologized and said that he "thought" I have factory Xenons (check above!). A bit flustered, I thought "fine, maybe it's an honest mistake".

I then asked Matt to help me out and point to me the right ballast to purchase. He sent me some links from ebay for Gen4 ballast. I looked them over, and ordered a set.

That evening, the ebay seller contacted me via telephone. He wanted to make sure that I am ordering the right part, so he had me take pictures of the Hella light's connectors, etc. After reviewing, he said that they actually aren't the Gen4 ballasts. Quite miffed at this point, I asked the ebay seller if he has the parts I needed.

So the ebay seller worked with me for quite a bit, and actually had me open up the lights to check the inside... opened it up, what did I find? No D1S bulbs. The product page indicated that the bulbs would be included, but it was not there. So I talked to the ebay seller, and then ended up buying the ballasts and the lamp holders from him.

Next day, I contacted Umnitza. I called in the morning, was told that they're busy, I will get a call back around 11AM. Waited a few hours, called again at 3PM, was told the same thing again. And then I got online and used that online chat... pretty much told the same thing again. Finally, at around 4:30PM, Matt called and he apologized for the error. (This should've been such an easy process...) I then again, verified with him that I only need the ballast and the bulbs, everything should be good to go? Again, I got a yes.

Finally, I receive the ballast and the bulbs about 2 days later.

Went on to install? WTF. Still would not work. Perplexed, I had Trinity's Joe take a look. Turns out that I am missing all these other parts that I got a quote from a parts shop for $850. F' that.

I went into thinking this would cost me $1500 for the lights, then I put another $300 into it, now I have to put in another $850? Excluding professional installation!

I don't think so.

So anyway, I contacted Umnitza yesterday, spoke to Tim, was told that Matt would give me a ring back by the end of the business day. No call. I called again this morning, got Tim again. Was told that Matt's in a conference, should be done in an hour. Now, about an hour later since his conference, still nothing.

Oh well. Since they can't or unwilling to help, I have turned to my bank to resolve this.

So yeah... I don't know. I have always had great online purchasing experience, and I actually thought to buy from Umnitza because they were recommended by a buddy. Now, I just feel burned.

Umnitza + Matt: After reading this, you guys can call me to resolve this, or don't call me and my bank will take care of it. I am just tired of this, and want this over already. I have spent 2 weekends on this, and it's just not what I want to deal with anymore.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Whoa the vendor seems to handling you guys badly :thumbsdown: hope you guys that having issue(s) can get the problem resolve quick ... GL!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by yezero' post='912999' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:57 AM
Bought headlights, angel eyes, bulbs and ballasts from umnitza, said everything was in stock promised to ship on June 3rd.
I specifically PMed him again and again to check the order and the box and to make sure everything was included. He reassures me that it is all fine.
He then emails me and says the headlight brackets were not in stock, so it had to be shipped out on the 9th of June. I once again tell him to make sure everything was shipped.

It is now June the 16th, the headlights had arrived. I spent the next 2 hours removing my halogen headlights and taking out old splices and bulbs within the headlights; then I proceeded to
open the box I received, and guess what - no ballasts, bulbs, cables or Angel Eyes. I am beyond pissed off at the moment. I do not see how this could be a mistake after telling him more than 3 times
to make sure everything was shipped.
Just throwing this out... I've had to remove and put in the headlights so many times now, that my brother and I can remove and put in a light in less than 5 minutes, lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Sorry to learn that it happened to you too. The first incident, I'd say that it could be an honest mistake. But 2 in a row, that's a shady way to make a few bucks. :thumbsdown:

Umnitza or Matt should do the right thing and stand behind what they sell.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='914686' date='Jun 17 2009, 03:01 PM
Nah guys.

Actually, I am in the same boat as well.

I am surprised that someone is in the same exact situation as I am, except I am probably a little bit further along.

Allow me to give my account.

I spoke to Matt or Tim on chat (6/4) prior to ordering the Hella Xenon replacements. I state that I have halogens, looking to convert to Xenon. I was assured that this is all, and what I need. To be absolutely positive, I called in and spoke to Matt. Confirmed that it's all I needed. Placed my order.

Happily received the shipment on the 6th. I am in Southern California, so it's expected to be (at most) 2 day delivery.

Opened it up, turns out it's missing the ballast. A bit annoyed, I checked the product page... fine, it does not say it include the ballast. Come Monday, I rang up Matt. He apologized and said that he "thought" I have factory Xenons (check above!). A bit flustered, I thought "fine, maybe it's an honest mistake".

I then asked Matt to help me out and point to me the right ballast to purchase. He sent me some links from ebay for Gen4 ballast. I looked them over, and ordered a set.

That evening, the ebay seller contacted me via telephone. He wanted to make sure that I am ordering the right part, so he had me take pictures of the Hella light's connectors, etc. After reviewing, he said that they actually aren't the Gen4 ballasts. Quite miffed at this point, I asked the ebay seller if he has the parts I needed.

So the ebay seller worked with me for quite a bit, and actually had me open up the lights to check the inside... opened it up, what did I find? No D1S bulbs. The product page indicated that the bulbs would be included, but it was not there. So I talked to the ebay seller, and then ended up buying the ballasts and the lamp holders from him.

Next day, I contacted Umnitza. I called in the morning, was told that they're busy, I will get a call back around 11AM. Waited a few hours, called again at 3PM, was told the same thing again. And then I got online and used that online chat... pretty much told the same thing again. Finally, at around 4:30PM, Matt called and he apologized for the error. (This should've been such an easy process...) I then again, verified with him that I only need the ballast and the bulbs, everything should be good to go? Again, I got a yes.

Finally, I receive the ballast and the bulbs about 2 days later.

Went on to install? WTF. Still would not work. Perplexed, I had Trinity's Joe take a look. Turns out that I am missing all these other parts that I got a quote from a parts shop for $850. F' that.

I went into thinking this would cost me $1500 for the lights, then I put another $300 into it, now I have to put in another $850? Excluding professional installation!

I don't think so.

So anyway, I contacted Umnitza yesterday, spoke to Tim, was told that Matt would give me a ring back by the end of the business day. No call. I called again this morning, got Tim again. Was told that Matt's in a conference, should be done in an hour. Now, about an hour later since his conference, still nothing.

Oh well. Since they can't or unwilling to help, I have turned to my bank to resolve this.

So yeah... I don't know. I have always had great online purchasing experience, and I actually thought to buy from Umnitza because they were recommended by a buddy. Now, I just feel burned.

Umnitza + Matt: After reading this, you guys can call me to resolve this, or don't call me and my bank will take care of it. I am just tired of this, and want this over already. I have spent 2 weekends on this, and it's just not what I want to deal with anymore.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

There are 2 different cases, and it does appear that we screwed up.
I'm personally working with Ling right now, he will provide me better photos.

As for Simon, I'll give you a call shortly.

Me and my guys will do our best to resolve your situations as quickly as we can. Each case is different so we'll take them individually and fix both.

Quick Reply: Bought 06 Xenon Headlights... venting