E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Borla or Eisenmann?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='191136' date='Oct 30 2005, 08:55 PM
Well doesn't the Eisenmann quad have dummy pipes too? That's the amin reason why I am not going with the quads. In winter, my car would look rediculous with all teh smoke coming from only from the left side.
I have been looking at these for awhile. Although the Eisenmann and Hamann are not true dual exhaust, you will still have sound and exhaust coming out of the dummy side.

Hamann wraps a small pipe from the main muffler to the right side and is fitted with a small silencer/muffler.

Eisenman wraps a small pipe from the main muffler to the right side with a plate that matches the left side and looks like a muffler, but none exhists.

R&D has a true dual system. The thing to note is that most of the systems are from the resonator back. The R&D will either be headers back or cat back removing the resonator, which is why the cost seems so high. Actually, it seams less expensive than the prices I was quoted for the Hamann.

The thing that R&D figured out is by rotating the muffler to be vertical instead of horizontal they can fit it in the small space next to the spare tire (exposed when you remove the cover plate).

You can also just purchase the mufflers and have a muffler shop build you some pipes from the resonator back, which is not very expensive.

I am waiting for the RDS dealer in LA to get his first system next week to provide me all of the specs, but it should fit.

The big question is what does it sound like.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Which dealer in LA? Have you tried Carrozzeria Design in Irvine? They're a Racing Dynamics dealer as well. Not sure if they have the system in stock though but worth a shot.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='193432' date='Nov 4 2005, 07:31 AM
Which dealer in LA? Have you tried Carrozzeria Design in Irvine? They're a Racing Dynamics dealer as well. Not sure if they have the system in stock though but worth a shot.
I talked to him yesterday - nice guy. He has one on order for a customer which he expects to get within the next week.

He is going to call me with more info (I wanted to check sizes) and send me pics of the installation. I will post them to the forum, unless the person having it done is on the forum.

I am sold on the design from what I have seen. I just want to check the sizes and I would like to find out what the sound is like.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Members

do you think that the quad tips can be installed on the m kit? The rear bumper of the m kit has some sort of raised design around the tailpipes, so you cant just cut out the right hand side because it wont match! whats the deal?
Old 11-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by gasterus' post='191201' date='Oct 31 2005, 03:01 AM
[quote name='13MH33' date='Oct 31 2005, 03:19 AM'][quote name='m5lover' date='Oct 31 2005, 01:44 AM']Jadi forum org indo ya skrg?
[snapback]191155[/snapback]

Benar sekali LOL.....

Met kenal m5lover....

Guys, I need to get rid my old set of wheels from my C-Class. Does anyone have friends who are interested?

It's Brabus Mono V, 19" 3-Piece w/ Continental CSC tires.

Please help me get rid my wheels cause I can't wait to buy a new set of wheels for my E60...

Thanx
[snapback]191187[/snapback]
[/quote]

Halo 13MH33,

iya neh....dari tanah air yang sama, hehehe....ahirnya jadi beli B&B yah...its a good choice Gw sekarang di jkt, perasaan agak susah untuk bantu jualin velg Brabus nya nanti kalo ada temen di amrik yang interested will let you know
[/quote]

Hey...no secrets...
Old 11-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by delirium' post='193689' date='Nov 4 2005, 06:07 PM
do you think that the quad tips can be installed on the m kit? The rear bumper of the m kit has some sort of raised design around the tailpipes, so you cant just cut out the right hand side because it wont match! whats the deal?
Same question I have been asking - here is the answer:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=18015

As you point out, you need to cut it, then have a body shop do a little magic mudd. As far as I know, there is no off the shelf part for this, but I have heard Hamann may be coming out with one in a couple of months.