E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bmw software

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw E60 530d

hey everybody.
i got myself the bmw programming/coding software and the OBD cabel.
i installed it as the manual told me to.
but i cant use the programs.
i get some messages like these ones:

Registry Value failed in SubKey:
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Serial'
Maybe There are Problems !

and

Group file: D_MMI
NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLUNIT.
Program will be stopped!

can anyone help ?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

http://bmwcoding.com/
Old 01-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Even though I have been using these programs for over a year now - the installation still frustrates me. I only had to do it once, and kept the same laptop this whole time - but a faulty hard drive (and the wrong ZUSB, but that's another story) caused my CCC to go into power save mode permanently after a failed WinKFP update. I had to reinstall everything in VW ware on my mac and refreshed the CCC this afternoon with Tool32 (thank God it now works)

My advice to you is to google all the errors you get, don't stop checking links at the first page of google, and don't let Russian forums scare you (use google translate). Work through each issue until you have a working set-up. Pretty much anything you are experiencing has been solved.

To start you off, this is a helpful page for troubleshooting: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=770882

Did you run OBDSetup.exe?

Also, check to make sure you have selected COM1 for the USB port, also make sure you have the latency set to 1. Before you attempt coding, make sure INPA shows two black dots for Battery and Ignition. This does not necessarily denote a functional installation, but it shows you have established at least basic communication with your vehicle.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Members

My Ride: Bmw E60 530d

i have run the OBD setup and i also changed the USB port settings. when i plug the cable to the car i can see dots for the batteri and the ignition. but i think its the other 3 programs that dosent work..
Old 01-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by seev
i have run the OBD setup and i also changed the USB port settings. when i plug the cable to the car i can see dots for the batteri and the ignition. but i think its the other 3 programs that dosent work..
If you see the battery and ignition circles in INPA then the rest will work fine as long as they are installed in the correct (root) folder and the bin folder is in the systems PATH.

When you see the circles that means the communication via the OBDII is working.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by or_550i
If you see the battery and ignition circles in INPA then the rest will work fine as long as they are installed in the correct (root) folder and the bin folder is in the systems PATH.

When you see the circles that means the communication via the OBDII is working.
This is not always true as myself and sublime recently found out. The black dots in inpa only mean it is detecting those inputs but does not mean there is a true line of communication. To be sure you need to go further into inpa and run a test (any test will do). We've also found that most downloads and instructions are only partially correct and on numerous occasions we've had to do quite a bit of playing around to get them working correctly. The bottom line is that we're not meant to have these tools so simply downloading, or buying them and hoping they work out of the gate is rarely the case. Like sublime said, search and search and with enough trial and error you'll be coding in no time.