E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BMW mod virgin.. help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Wait till you see the new badges I will post on my car tomorrow.
I could never justify spending the amount you did on those badges but they do look sexy...lets see how you like them .
Old 12-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I could never justify spending the amount you did on those badges but they do look sexy...lets see how you like them .
And I could never justifying buying a brand new 5 series.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' timestamp='1293418524' post='1287002
lol you didnt search hundreds of threads, i doubt you searched at all honestly

get the grills from trinity or acute

get the real shadowline from same vendors

and angel eyes shoot for orion v2 etc
Don't listen to this guy he has a faggot burberry trim in his car.

Why so disrespectful?
If you don't like his trim, fine, but you don't need to call him a faggot, just because YOU don't like it!

What if someone else calls you a douchebag for having those ugly ass 20% tinted tails that ruin the look of your car?

Everyone has his own taste. There's no wrong or right!

Name:  gelb.gif
Views: 27
Size:  1.2 KB
Old 12-27-2010, 06:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

LOL
Old 12-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e60chris
Alright guys.

I just picked up an '08 528xi (black ext. & int.) and I'm looking to make some cheap/easy mods. Nothing too fancy, its stuff that we've all seen before. Unfortunately, after reading hundreds of threads I still don't know the best route to take.
First, I wanna replace my grill. Is it worth buying a new piece or should I grab a can of spray paint for a couple of bucks?
Should I go with vinyl or just buy a set of new parts to replace the window trim? I know the vinyl is a lot cheaper but is it really that easy a DIY?
What the hell do I do about the headlights?

Basically what I'm asking is, if you were in my position, what would you do? Money is sort of a problem but I want to make sure I do this car justice and not do a half-ass job.

Thanks in advance. ANY feedback is much appreciated.

Hey Chris! Welcome to the forums. The E60 is an amazing car that just grows on you the longer you own it!

I've gotten a lot of stuff done to my car over the years and from experience I can tell you which mods I would do in which order. The reason is if you do certain ones before another they just don't look right.

Do your mods as follows:

1) Buy 19" or 20" wheels. Try not to get replicas if you can afford it. Don't buy used, don't buy off eBay.
2) If your car doesn't have a sport package, get yourself some sport springs and a new suspension / coilovers. I don't think there is anything worse-looking than a car with big rims and no drop. If you do #1, do #2 at the same time.
3) Shadowline trim to replace chrome trim.
4) LED Halo rings
5) Front grill - black
6) Body kit - Mtech. Don't do what I did and get a front lip, you're just wasting your money on something you're eventually going to get sick of and remove.
7) New exhaust tips or new muffler. RPI or Magnaflow or whatever, just get rid of those tiny little ones you have now! SO WEAK!
8) Lighting modifications like new rear tails if your car is pre-LCI, new headlights and fogs from Brabus, etc.
9) Paint your calipers. Nothing is worse than gorgeous wheels on a lowered car with rusty ass looking brakes behind it. Screams ghetto-fabulous.
10) Don't buy an M5 badge.
11) Get M5 mirrors. Mine are replicas and turned out amazing.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Hey Chris! Welcome to the forums. The E60 is an amazing car that just grows on you the longer you own it!

I've gotten a lot of stuff done to my car over the years and from experience I can tell you which mods I would do in which order. The reason is if you do certain ones before another they just don't look right.

Do your mods as follows:

1) Buy 19" or 20" wheels. Try not to get replicas if you can afford it. Don't buy used, don't buy off eBay.
2) If your car doesn't have a sport package, get yourself some sport springs and a new suspension / coilovers. I don't think there is anything worse-looking than a car with big rims and no drop. If you do #1, do #2 at the same time.
3) Shadowline trim to replace chrome trim.
4) LED Halo rings
5) Front grill - black
6) Body kit - Mtech. Don't do what I did and get a front lip, you're just wasting your money on something you're eventually going to get sick of and remove.
7) New exhaust tips or new muffler. RPI or Magnaflow or whatever, just get rid of those tiny little ones you have now! SO WEAK!
8) Lighting modifications like new rear tails if your car is pre-LCI, new headlights and fogs from Brabus, etc.
9) Paint your calipers. Nothing is worse than gorgeous wheels on a lowered car with rusty ass looking brakes behind it. Screams ghetto-fabulous.
10) Don't buy an M5 badge.
11) Get M5 mirrors. Mine are replicas and turned out amazing.

LOL well, that is quite an expensive list. I really only have like $1500 to spend so that kinda makes 1,2 and 6 out of the question. I know what you mean about upgrading in order though its just that I can't afford that much right now. 3,4 and 5 are really my priorities and I dont think I need to do 8 without doing 1. M5 badges are so lame if you don't actually drive an //M. I think I might get something like this: http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/5-Se...duct_info.html .. it would only cost me like $30 even though I could just paint them myself for less. The M5 mirrors are an interesting idea.. I will keep this in the back of my mind.

Thank you very much!!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by e60chris
The M5 mirrors are an interesting idea.. I will keep this in the back of my mind.
M5 mirrors should have been stock on all E60s. I guess BMW wanted differentiate M5s from reg. 5ers.. I may look into it myself in the near future.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by leese8080
M5 mirrors should have been stock on all E60s. I guess BMW wanted differentiate M5s from reg. 5ers.. I may look into it myself in the near future.

Yes, they are absolutely the BEST exterior mod I've done. Think about it.. its the only outside mod you can enjoy and look at while you drive!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Yes, they are absolutely the BEST exterior mod I've done. Think about it.. its the only outside mod you can enjoy and look at while you drive!
Mr. Howitzer - that's an interesting point. Never thought of that... Now I need to consider this seriously... Added to my mod wishlist in the signature
Old 12-28-2010, 04:25 AM
Members

If you don't mind me asking. Where did you get your m5 mirrors? Cost? This is my last outside mod before I take the car to the shop (after winter) lol

Quick Reply: BMW mod virgin.. help please