E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BMW Apps Upgrade for CIC

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 535 X-Drive | Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav | OEM MTech Kit | MTech V3 3.0 AE | RDash Plate Lights | Interior LED | 6000K Fogs | SAT Retrofit | Continental DWS | Jehnert Speakers | Gloss Vinyl Roof | Custom Ambient Amber Match LED Interior |
Default BMW Apps Upgrade for CIC

I have a 2010 E60 with CIC, anyone know if you can upgrade to the BMW Apps (Ipod Integration with album art, social media feeds, weather updates, etc)?

I called into 2 dealerships and they said this couldn't be done but if my NAV unit is almost the same as the F10's, I can't see why this can't be done via a software upgrade?

My apologies if this has already been asked but a newbie on this forum and I can't find any thread on it.

Much appreciated!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Titanium Grey Metallic/ Gray Dakota Leather

Originally Posted by KSwag
I have a 2010 E60 with CIC, anyone know if you can upgrade to the BMW Apps (Ipod Integration with album art, social media feeds, weather updates, etc)?

I called into 2 dealerships and they said this couldn't be done but if my NAV unit is almost the same as the F10's, I can't see why this can't be done via a software upgrade?

My apologies if this has already been asked but a newbie on this forum and I can't find any thread on it.

Much appreciated!
Patryk of BimmerTech is a well known and trusted vendor here on this forum.....Contact him, I think he can help you out.

Contact Info;
Company: BimmerTech
Email: info@bimmer-tech.net
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535 X-Drive | Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav | OEM MTech Kit | MTech V3 3.0 AE | RDash Plate Lights | Interior LED | 6000K Fogs | SAT Retrofit | Continental DWS | Jehnert Speakers | Gloss Vinyl Roof | Custom Ambient Amber Match LED Interior |

Hi! I've contacted Patryck and we're working through some details. I plan on doing this within the next few weeks.

Anyway, thanks for your help and feedback!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:00 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 528i xdrive

Keep us updated!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White 2010 535 M-Sport

Originally Posted by Johnp69
Keep us updated!
+1 Please keep us updated. I have a 2010 e60 and was told since I didnt have the Nav option, I can not upgrade my Idrive to what the F10s have.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Members

+1 Very interested in "Connected drive"! I have the CIC as well and dealers over here tell me it's not possible because I'm missing the newer combox and can't be retrofitted easily...

The new Combox combines both the TCU (Assist/Bluetooth module) and the MULF-Hi (USB/iPod adapter/Smartphone module) into one single module. So both the hardware (electronics and wiring) and the software are changed.

Thought this can be checked by checking your options list on "SA 6NR"
Old 12-28-2012, 04:35 PM
New Members

I've contacted Patryck from Bimmertech and it's possible. If you have CIC Nav, you will need the retrofitted combox and 6NR. However, you will lose BMW Assist which I'm fine with because I'll take Iphone Album art, video playback from Iphone, social media, BMW Office, Internet (with Iphone tethering), etc. I'm fine with this because I'll use this far more than BMW Assist. This is plug and play and can be used via the USB cable and won't need to install the cradle. I plan to do this next month but you can check Bimmertech.com.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 535i M-Sport

Have you gone through with this mod? I also have an E60 with CIC and would like the extra functionality.

Wondering if you are happy with how everything turned out, and how much everything ended up costing.

Hope it rocks for ya!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:33 AM
New Members

Hi cforceleritas. I have not done this upgrade because I found the benefits of the upgrade did not justify the high price for just a few apps. I've since decided on sourcing an M Tech kit first and if price can go down or I can find another source that can do Combox and 6NR, then I might reconsider.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Had all the apps and everthing working on my CiC Nav until the stupid iPhone 5 evolved.
One big reason I was with the apple community was that my BMW synced really well with the iphone but with the evolution of the iphone's stupid connector and lazy BMW still not having a solution I am extremely frustrated.

Lessons learnt : Use the iphone 4 or the iphone 4s with the CiC and enjoy every bit of it.

Quick Reply: BMW Apps Upgrade for CIC