E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BMS power box is a thumbs up:)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by medik13
I have a sprintbooster V1. I am very interested in the Stage 3 manifold upgrade. Will it run in conjunction to the BMS pbx to get the 260hp? Also Is the BMS pbx really worth it over the SB V1?
you will need the AA tune and the pbx wont be usable
Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Senior Members

Does AA do the whole job? I am local to them. I wonder if it is something they offer with tune???
Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by medik13
I have a sprintbooster V1. I am very interested in the Stage 3 manifold upgrade. Will it run in conjunction to the BMS pbx to get the 260hp? Also Is the BMS pbx really worth it over the SB V1?
i really recommend you get the bms powerbox, if you want my buddy's number at ltbmw pm me.. are you in LA? the bms powerbox really makes a difference, eliminates that delay when you step on the gas pedal, plus if you have the sprint booster already that will work hand in hand with the bms, i say leave it, coz the sprint booster is for better throttle response.. i am doing the stage 3 manifold upgrade as well, but i may do that later on, for now i'm going to enjoy the bms pbx.. also do you have an exhaust hook up already? pm me if you need his info.. thanks
justin
Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jg525i
i really recommend you get the bms powerbox, if you want my buddy's number at ltbmw pm me.. are you in LA? the bms powerbox really makes a difference, eliminates that delay when you step on the gas pedal, plus if you have the sprint booster already that will work hand in hand with the bms, i say leave it, coz the sprint booster is for better throttle response.. i am doing the stage 3 manifold upgrade as well, but i may do that later on, for now i'm going to enjoy the bms pbx.. also do you have an exhaust hook up already? pm me if you need his info.. thanks
justin
No, I am not in LA... I am in Miami. I don't beleive the BMS is suppose to be used in conjunctgion with the SB since it does the same thing. I think I am going to inquire about the Stage 3 upgrade and AA tune. I would love to get to 260 HP on my 525i.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

Originally Posted by jg525i
justin
So what r u saying that sb v1 work with no problem with bms box ? Thats great then ,, i have the bms box instal and i remove the sb , but now that u say they work hand to hand i will put it back ,, )
Old 04-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stel_i79
So what r u saying that sb v1 work with no problem with bms box ? Thats great then ,, i have the bms box instal and i remove the sb , but now that u say they work hand to hand i will put it back ,, )
yup yup! i will work together, put it back on and your car will be a beast!! lol!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I don't know about using the SB and BMS together. Personally I wouldn't do it. I think it would confuse the crap out of the car. The SB already reduces the throttle window so that you're already at WOT when the pedal is pressed at 75%. Adding to the BMS' throttle map, you could be WOT when the pedal is %50. Of course those are extreme approximations but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

However, the BMS does have the capability to disable the throttle map but keep the performance gains. That way, you can use the SB for the throttle map and BMS for the actual gain of the car...Theoretically.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Members

Is this available for the LCI 550?
Old 04-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

However, the BMS does have the capability to disable the throttle map but keep the performance gains. That way, you can use the SB for the throttle map and BMS for the actual gain of the car...Theoreticall

this is what i meant by working together, bms will compliment sb. thanks for explaining it better buddy, i appreciate that!
thanks balbs
Old 04-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

But then the mods would be wasteful and redundant. Why would you want to keep the SB for the throttle map if the BMS does it too. It would make no sense to disable it and then mount another mod to do it???

The BMS pbx is an all in one!

Quick Reply: BMS power box is a thumbs up:)