E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Black Gloss Kidney Grills

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

Originally Posted by Dramirez112
Before yah go off on me for being a Newbie and for bringing up a simple topic up...

I've checked Trinity, Umnitza, Eurosport, and Ebay for black gloss grills.

The only place I could find it at... yup you guessed it... Ebay!

Ebay Link: E60 Black Gloss Kidney Grills

So I'm asking... Are there any other providers I should look into and maybe a better price?

Thanks!
That's actually a great price for OEM and it's from a BMW dealer! I may just go this route and Tenafly, NJ is close enough to CT where I'll get these quickly!

Originally Posted by iamnatio
+1

I had actually bought my gloss grills from Bimmian, however if I could did things over I would have just sanded and painted my stock grille.

In any case good luck with purchase and install. It is a great mod and will look great!
Hrmmm...I DO like the fact that I can get the grills in painted in Black Sapphire there..that's pretty cool for sure, but man $$$$$$$ CHA-CHING $$$$$$$ after shipping and all that. $155+ is kinda steep and they're not even OEM, but it would be nice having them body color said and done.

Originally Posted by Cwest
I don't know if any fourm vendors sell the Gloss grill or not. I bought mine at my BMW dealership, PM and maybe I can get you a discount at my dealership and I'll ship them out to you.
Thanks man! I appreciate the offer and all, but from what I've been seeing for these online, they seem to be around $135 and the OP's eBay link was $103 shipped for OEM gloss black. Can you do better?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Members

I actually did mine with plasti-dip. Left a nice flat black finish. If later you decide to go back to stock, I like that you can just Peel it off!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cryptical
Thanks man! I appreciate the offer and all, but from what I've been seeing for these online, they seem to be around $135 and the OP's eBay link was $103 shipped for OEM gloss black. Can you do better?

I bought it for $80 but by the time shipping it will be pretty similar to the online price you quoted from an online vendor.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

Originally Posted by Cwest
I bought it for $80 but by the time shipping it will be pretty similar to the online price you quoted from an online vendor.
That's still a really great price...wow!
I should call my local dealer here for shits and giggles and see what they charge. Although, they'll probably insist that it's a dealer only install item because that's what they told me about my H8 halogen AE bulb as well when that blew out. But, they also told me that they had to diagnose the problem first as "there's a good chance that the electrical system has a fault" and of course, CPO coverage will not cover that. Oh...BTW...did you know that an OEM h8 AE bulb that is "made specifically for the BMW 5 series as you can see it says OSRAM on it and also made in Germany is stamped on there as well" costs $90/bulb at the dealer??? Well that's because "BMW was the first car company to make these new types of DLRs and developed a specific manufacturing plant for R&D." This service adviser actually thought I believed him. I was so f'n dumbfounded that someone would go out of their way and make up such a pile of BS over a friggin' light bulb that I just had to let it go instead of calling him out on his BS. If that's what it takes to make someone feel better about themselves and their life, let it be as they're obviously a lunatic as it is

Ok...sorry for the alcohol induced ramble there (it's Maker's Mark 46 this evening), but not that I'm stating anything new, dealers are just friggin' bottom feeders...total scum! That was my point to all of this.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

it's Maker's Mark 46 this evening

I live in the heart of Bourbon country here in KY, Maker's 46 is one of my favorites! Great Stuff, u can sip it straight all night!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pradden
I live in the heart of Bourbon country here in KY, Maker's 46 is one of my favorites! Great Stuff, u can sip it straight all night!
LOL nice!!! I can't get enough of the stuff...it's been my "nightcap" for years. I just started drinking 46 a few months ago and now I can't look back...regular ol' Maker's is still better than most everyday bourbons as far as I'm concerned. It's got such a great flavor w/o a huge bite. I generally drink it on the rocks, with a New Castle or Dogfish Head on the side!

I also really like photography as well!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Members

I don't know where u live in new York but if u go on Craigslist there's a guy selling them for 65 dollars that's how I go my grills bu I lost his number type in e60 kidney girls n it should automatically come up
Old 05-07-2012, 04:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Dreblack
I don't know where u live in new York but if u go on Craigslist there's a guy selling them for 65 dollars that's how I go my grills bu I lost his number type in e60 kidney girls n it should automatically come up
Dreblack -
Thanks for the tip! I'm actually in CT, but close enough to NY...is this the NYC CL section or a different area? I can't find anything in the NYC one. Also, are they homemade, after market or OEM?

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

LOL nice!!! I can't get enough of the stuff...it's been my "nightcap" for years. I just started drinking 46 a few months ago and now I can't look back...regular ol' Maker's is still better than most everyday bourbons as far as I'm concerned. It's got such a great flavor w/o a huge bite. I generally drink it on the rocks, with a New Castle or Dogfish Head on the side!

I also really like photography as well!

Awesome photos! I can't wait until happy hour now, haha.