E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Black on Black 20's

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey LouDawg

I really like the black on black you put together. I would like to do the same thing when I finally get my E60 .
Old 07-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Members

Very interesting discussion on rims as cultural icons I work in Marketing with a company who advertises heavily in DUB, PLUSH, and RIDES magazines, magazines each focused on the rim game. Our target audience is the 21 - 27 year old WHITE MALE, and we can find them picking up any of these periodicals. Aftermarket wheels are well over $3 Billion annually, and that represents far more than an ethnic subgroup- that's closer to mass appeal. This $3 B is made up in large part by chrome, but over the past two years color-keyed and painted wheels are a larger percentage of the whole. You are just as likely to find 20" and up in Stamford and Fairfield Connecticut as you will in Harlem and Brooklyn. And i'm a black guy who personally hates spinners and chrome, but totally respects it if that's you.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Good info Twinzor1. I too dislike spinners and I don't like Chrome on BMWs. I do think that chrome vehicles look better on some vehicles than others, but in the end, to each his/her own. As for the mass appeal, you target market is what I figured it would be. When it is all said and done, get whatever you like and don't letter others dictate your tastes style. LouDawg, I love the look of your car, very nice. I want Alpine White, and white wheels are not in the cards for me, but I think your car is well done!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 06:54 AM
Members

Hey twinzor1

As a community we should all ignore individuals when they make openly racist remarks and try to clean it up with some politically correct definition. That same guy said the same thing on another board and got the same response from everyone. Everyone pretty much saw through his hidden message. After all it came from an individual who looks like a ghost <_< .

On a lighter note I notice you?re from Milwaukee WI. I was just their this past weekend for my wife?s family reunion. I was really impressed with the downtown area and all the affordable living spaces. I would love to get one of those lofts .
Old 07-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My apologies for those members that found my remark offensive, it wasn't intended as such.

I think the wheels are different and aggressive, and they look good on the black car, I had some BBS with gold center myself a while back.

Peace.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Members

Hi LouDawg,
Are your tires a little bit bigger than stock? Shouldn't they be 245/30 front and 275/25 rear? What offset are you using on the wheels? Any trouble with the 10 inch rears rubbing?
Thanks for any info.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Did anyone notice that the words on this thread have been altered! I was reading through looking for the type of tires that LouDawg has, and I noticed the change. What gives? Not upset or anything, just curious.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Jul 18 2004, 04:29 PM
Did anyone notice that the words on this thread have been altered! I was reading through looking for the type of tires that LouDawg has, and I noticed the change. What gives? Not upset or anything, just curious.
where have the words been altered?? Confused..
Old 07-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think Casper went back and edited his posts to be a bit more PC.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:24 AM
Members

I noticed the change Aaron

Quick Reply: Black on Black 20's