E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers - Anyone running these

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

So I was looking around locally at suspension options and was pointed in the this direction. According to the site it fits 525xi and 530xi

My link

"Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers BMW 5 Series E60 05-06

Bilstein Coil-Overs provide you with an exceptional blend of ride and handling with the added feature of height and dampening adjustability. With coil overs from Bilstein you get shocks and springs that are engineered together. The result is incredible handling with ride that is tuned for the street. Forget the notion that coil overs are only to be used in racing - they are now the perfect package for your streetcar. Bilstein coil overs have ride-height adjustments and 9-way adjustable shock dampening. To insure maximum performance, these systems utilize Bilstein's superior monotube gas shocks, featuring:

Largest available piston diameter for greater sensitivity and precise control.

Patented digressive piston head design and deflective valving instantly reacts to changing road conditions.

Monotube design dissipates heat more effectively than a twin tube shock for cooler, more efficient operation and longer life.

Lighter weight reduces wear and tear on suspension components.

Performance Suspension System with 9 Damping adjustments, is the ?race inspired? fully adjustable ride height system featuring mono-tube gas shock absorbers with nine precise damping adjustments. The system includes adjustable mono-tube gas shock absorbers with nine precise compression and rebound settings from comfort to competition, front and rear application specific, progressive rate springs allow accurate adjustment of vehicle ride height and center of gravity for the level of performance you seek.

Fits: BMW E60 525I 05-06, BMW E60 525XI 05-06, BMW E60 530I 05-06, BMW E60 530XI 05-06, BMW E60 545I 05, and BMW E60 550I 06."
Old 02-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I've never seen anyone with these on an Xi, but daaaaayyym, I got mad respect for you for finding this out and bringing it to us

Let's see how much we can find out about these. Do you have any links with descriptions, prices and so forth? I'd love to look into it, bc my suspension needs (more like "wants", but whatever ) to be upgraded this spring
Old 02-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Contributors

I looked at running these before I bought my NEX GT coils.....they are an older design and comparable to KW in that sense. As far as adjustability goes KW has more options

for around the same price region id go JIC/Cross which has a better design and is engineered for your car.

As far as the ride goes for the bilsteins, it will be in the same region as Tanabe, Tein, NEX but for almost double the price
Old 02-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Contributors

PS I don't see anywhere how much the max-min drop is
Old 02-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
I looked at running these before I bought my NEX GT coils.....they are an older design and comparable to KW in that sense. As far as adjustability goes KW has more options

for around the same price region id go JIC/Cross which has a better design and is engineered for your car.

As far as the ride goes for the bilsteins, it will be in the same region as Tanabe, Tein, NEX but for almost double the price
Not sure JIC/Cross have coilovers for Xi application though... checking now...

update: checked their site - NO application for E60 at all... :thumbsdown:
Old 02-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Contributors

Bilsteins aren't much cheaper than the KWs, but may be a better choice for a street-driven car though...
Old 02-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

I was checking on Bilsteins site and the coils dont come up when I do a product search against the XI's

They do make twin tube shocks for the XI's though. I'm not sure how much better they would be to pair up with H&R springs over OEM.

I'm going to contact them and hopefully get some clarification on the product lineup.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

the first link you posted from vivid racing is a mis-type. i contacted the company about a month ago and they confirmed that the setup will not fit XI models. they were supposed to have their IT team correct the website.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Contributors

lol dude xi models suck
Old 02-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
lol dude xi models suck

duhhhhhhhh

in with the russian, just a few more months and gimme my pss9's !!

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers - Anyone running these