E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Beyern Mesh 20"

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

$350 for 20" wheels? Can't go wrong. Depends on how you like them and how bad the rash is. If not bad an you can live with it you should you be good to go. If you are looking to getting them refinished take that into account before buying as the price could get up there pretty quick. Tried to get more close up pics and make a decision from there. Don't forget to factor in tires! Good luck!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i
$350 for 20" wheels? Can't go wrong. Depends on how you like them and how bad the rash is. If not bad an you can live with it you should you be good to go. If you are looking to getting them refinished take that into account before buying as the price could get up there pretty quick. Tried to get more close up pics and make a decision from there. Don't forget to factor in tires! Good luck!

Ya, I am more than likely going to be picking them up tomorrow or tonight. pfff it's a 3 hour drive up to Phoenix

I think I am going to go with Hankook V12 off of tirerack. Those seem to be the best buy.

Gonna go 245/35/20 in front and 275/30/20 in the rear. That seems to be pretty much the standard for 20s on our cars.

speaking of tirerack, does anyone know of any good coupon codes for them?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Contributors

Good luck and drive safely! Dont forget to post up pics once mounted and installed. BTW, I heard great things about the Hankooks!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i
Good luck and drive safely! Dont forget to post up pics once mounted and installed. BTW, I heard great things about the Hankooks!

oh ya, you know I will post pics up. I suppose I could just resell them on Ebay if I end up not liking the way they look on my car. I am quite certain I could easily get a lot more than $350 for them.

haha I can't really resell them here, since everyone would know I only paid $350
Old 02-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Members

Actually, I think I am going to with one of these two sets of wheels. Ya, they aren't sporty or anything. However, I never drive my car hard or anything like that. So, ultimatley, I am just looking for a wheel treadwear UTQG rating that is higher, so the wheels will last longer.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS

Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105

More than likely I will go with the Continental tires because you get a free Flip UltraHD 4GB Camera ($149 value). I have no use for the thing, so I figure I could just throw it on ebay for like $100 shipped. So take $100 of the continentals and it is much closer to the price for the Hankook.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Members

Well folks, I just picked the wheels up! I got them for only $300!!!!! They do have some nicks and road rash. But I am not complaining at all. Not for the price I paid for them. I will post some pics once I get back to the house, 3 hour drive back home. Blah
Old 02-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Contributors

Congrats!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Members

I Got them home! I started to clean them up, but I need to go get some better wheel cleaner....they look pretty darn good for the price I paid, at least I think so. However, I'd bet a lot of you wouldn't have even bought them with the rash and all, and I certainly wouldn't blame you because there are a few spots on the wheels that are pretty bad, but I can live with it for now.

I will post up some more pics of the rash once I have them all cleaned up and waxed

haha look at the pic of the inside of the wheel, they are FILTHY! I started to clean one of them up, to show a comparison of just how dirty they are.

I know some of you may think posting pics of me cleaning them is pointless, but someday someone will browse through the forum and take something from it, also people like to see what the ACTUAL rim is going to look like before they buy them, instead of just pics from the manufacture website

Old 02-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Members

Okay, I finished cleaning them all up (BTW Meguiars Chrome wheeel cleaner did an absolute amazing job) this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I am going to give them a little polish and throw a coat of wax on for protection.

As you will see, some of the rash makes you go "eeeekk"...owever, as I've said many times now, for the price I paid, I can't really be too upset about it

p.s. try to ignore the fact my passenger side headlight isn't sitting as it should, I couldn't get that damn thing back to the original position for the life of me after I installed John's Xenon kit....

onto pictures..

Old 02-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Regarding the passenger side light, looks like it's sitting on top of the lower mounting screw instead of between it and the mounting bracket. Unscrew the lower mounting screw to the point that it almost falls off and slide the headlight under that screw again.

BTW, good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: Beyern Mesh 20"