E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Best Side Marker Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Hey everyone....i need opinions on a new set of LED sidemarkers. I did a search and saw all kind of options...i was about to order the LED Sidemarker lights from bimmian.com but then i saw some comments about poor quality on the forum.

these are the ones im considering: http://www.bimmian.com/60/LSL/

What im looking for are some super bright LED sidemarker lights that are smoked....but i want them to be good quality....not the cheesy ones on ebay. hopefully the housing will contain a multi-directional set-up like the bimminan ones but something that wont suffer from condensation (one common complaint about the bimmian option).

any thoughts or recommendations?

also, where the hell can i get a set of those murdered out emblems for the hood and trunk....i saw them and im in love.....they would look KILLER on my matte black set up (under construction)...
Old 09-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

I got smoked side markers from Trinity and they are pretty bright IMO. It has 4 LED bulbs contrary to the older 2 LED bulbs. I think they are regular LEDs and unsure how bright of LEDs you're looking for. Nerwyll could chime in perhaps...

Had them for a year - no issue. I go thru a car wash every weekend and never did it fall off nor did moisture get in. Been happy with them thus far. Good luck on your search!

And your ride is awesome.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 Silver Grey 530 XI

I'm interested also Nerwyll! I bought some off of ebay and they are a joke. Waste of money after a year they look like crap. Nerwyll, can you post a pic of your smoked ones? Or maybe a member post a pic for us? I tooo love the look of the Bimmian ones, but am skeptical of the condensation as well. Any help is appreciated!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i Alpine White

I am also looking for a smoked set, Looks like we need a Group buy from TRINITY ?

It looks like a few people want them, Nerwyll can u chime in and give us a deal please .
Old 09-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Members

OP: I bought the bimmian ones you're looking at. They fit great, work great, look great. Go for it!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Members

im in the same spot right now.. i oredered sidemarkers from trinity they dont fit.. they dont have that snug fit that the stock sidemarkers have.. mine are so loose. i want to order the ones from bimmian but also heard those arent a good fit either. im thinking about buying new stock oem sidemarkers and using the spray tint to smoke them. i have no clue also im lostt
Old 09-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

I just smoked my OEM sidemarker lights and it doesn't look clean enough. I want that clean crisp look you get from having the black dye in the plastic itself. But this has been good feedback so far. I think I'll just order the ones from bimmian tonight...

What about these murdered out badges tho??

Originally Posted by dlima0284
im in the same spot right now.. i oredered sidemarkers from trinity they dont fit.. they dont have that snug fit that the stock sidemarkers have.. mine are so loose. i want to order the ones from bimmian but also heard those arent a good fit either. im thinking about buying new stock oem sidemarkers and using the spray tint to smoke them. i have no clue also im lostt
Old 09-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Those you can buy from Mfest. If I remember correctly, $150 for a set of front and back.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by jjrdoherty
OP: I bought the bimmian ones you're looking at. They fit great, work great, look great. Go for it!
Me too - 2 years with no problems
Old 09-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been using smoked Trinity side markers for about a year now, was a great price and install was easy as pie.

Quick Reply: Best Side Marker Lights?