E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Best mod you've done

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

me,, being the driver,, does that count??!!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

There's so much you can do, decide whats most important to you first...looks/performance/handling and go from there.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by dl5series' post='721660' date='Nov 14 2008, 06:14 PM
There's so many options to personalize the car to your own liking. The lag in the throttle is pretty bad, so I'm considering the sprint booster. So far, everyone likes that product. I'm interested in changing the lighting also, but don't know where to start. LED license plate lights look nice, as do the brighter angel eyes. Where's the best place to get good prices for those kinds of items? Is it possible to change out the fog lights to match the xenon headlights? The different light output as well as the color sort of bothers me.
LED plate lights: PM nerweezy and or r1racer (Trinity Autosports)
Angel eyes: Pre-LCI AIB's are the brightest, but there are other options as well. Same members above can hep you out.
Fogs: Xenon match you can go to http://www.hoen-usa.com/ (great price). Another option is an HID fog light kit, member elite_motorsports has a thread in the classified section

***Some info about your e60 would be good know tho. Pre-LCI vs. LCI: there are some differences in light bulbs and options you may have to upgrade. Also, post your location, helps members local to you find vendors close to you. A quick use of the upper right search bar will give you tons of info and pics of the above mentioned. Also browse thru the classified, member galleries, and parts, mods, accessorries sections GL
Old 11-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i...Black/Auburn, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Cold Weather Pkg, Active Steering, Heated Rear Seats

i've only done one, carbon filter delete and its free!!! im changing to the shadowline trim as we speak
Old 11-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

quad exhaust maybe!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 silver gray metallic 530i with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, navigation, and L-7 audio.

Thanks a lot! You guys know your stuff with these cars. It seems like there's more enthusiasm about the cars here than on the previous Porsche boards I was on. Thats awesome! I'll definately contact some of the people suggested and get ideas and quotes on parts. I think I'd like to eliminate that throttle lag first, then tackle some lighting issues with the car. Like I said before, the license plate LED's look great, and the brighter angel eyes also really stand out. I just don't want any weird error messages popping up on my i-drive.

I'm also considering 20% tint, but not sure if it's too dark. I don't want to make the car look trashy with dark tint. On a black car, it definately looks better, but on silver I'm not sure...

I like the idea of upgrading to a larger wheel and tire package, but the car came with the upgraded sport package with the larger wheels already. I just wonder if it's worth getting rid of the sport wheels for something different since it's already considered an upgraded option. I think I'll wait till I need new tires, and do a total wheel and tire package then. I'm still thinking about it. I'm sure I'll continue to mod the car out.

Thanks again, and keep the suggestions coming!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

My single best mod was selling my 545 and getting the M5. LOL!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dl5series' post='721535' date='Nov 14 2008, 06:47 PM
Hello. I'm new to the forum and have just bought my first BMW; a silver/grey metallic 05 530i. I've gone from Porsche to BMW, and I'm happy so far. What is the best mod you've done to your car so far? The mod you can't live without... I'm a little hesitant at doing anything because the car is so finicky, I don't want a bunch of error messages or computer/software problems. I've heard the sprint booster is a decent addition. Thanks in advance, this is a great site!

Aero kits, LED lights, tinted windows

I like Performance mods. Coming from a Porsche I assume you will appreciate mods that improve performance, response, handling...

1) Quaife LSD - Makes the car drive like a real BMW
2) Software/ECU - Recomend Dinan
3) Exhaust - Lots of choices but again recomend Dinan
Old 11-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i...Black/Auburn, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Cold Weather Pkg, Active Steering, Heated Rear Seats

Originally Posted by dl5series' post='721679' date='Nov 14 2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks a lot! You guys know your stuff with these cars. It seems like there's more enthusiasm about the cars here than on the previous Porsche boards I was on. Thats awesome! I'll definately contact some of the people suggested and get ideas and quotes on parts. I think I'd like to eliminate that throttle lag first, then tackle some lighting issues with the car. Like I said before, the license plate LED's look great, and the brighter angel eyes also really stand out. I just don't want any weird error messages popping up on my i-drive.

I'm also considering 20% tint, but not sure if it's too dark. I don't want to make the car look trashy with dark tint. On a black car, it definately looks better, but on silver I'm not sure...

I like the idea of upgrading to a larger wheel and tire package, but the car came with the upgraded sport package with the larger wheels already. I just wonder if it's worth getting rid of the sport wheels for something different since it's already considered an upgraded option. I think I'll wait till I need new tires, and do a total wheel and tire package then. I'm still thinking about it. I'm sure I'll continue to mod the car out.

Thanks again, and keep the suggestions coming!
20% tint all around with 50% on the windshield.. it will look great
Old 11-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 silver gray metallic 530i with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, navigation, and L-7 audio.

For those of you that have the sprint booster, where did you buy it, how much was it, and how difficult is the install? Ebay doesn't have much except a few from hong kong if I remember correctly. And they don't specify if its for manual or auto, so I'm a little hesitant at ordering them.

Quick Reply: Best mod you've done