E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Best Match of Fog lights for stock Xenon adaptive lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xoeightx' post='798096' date='Feb 20 2009, 11:09 PM
5k hid's are perfect and is what i have on my car
How much was your kit?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='798334' date='Feb 21 2009, 11:03 AM
You can get $70+ HID Fogs in ebay too.
But are they any good? Do you have links? I did a search for "e60 hid fog lights" and 0 matches.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

u may need cancellers for those. My hid fogs requires no modification and no error messages. 100% waterproof ballast
Old 02-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BALASUBAS' post='798040' date='Feb 20 2009, 09:15 PM
http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

this is what i use in mine, can't beat the price too
Just got done inspecting that hoen site and it seems a bit fishy. Note their sales return policy page:

http://www.hoen-usa.com/policy.htm

Sales Policy

Some products sold by Ho?n generate more power than factory rated bulbs. Some installations may require heavy duty connectors or harnesses prior to installation to prevent warping or melting of factory parts. Care should also be taken when installing in low clearance applications including corner lights, city lights and license plate housings. Measurement of the draw of factory bulbs is recommended prior to installation, it is not uncommon for variances +/- 10% to occur especially with older vehicles and or vehicles with aftermarket electronics installed with greater loads on the vehicles electrical system. If in doubt please contact us with your questions.

H?en bulbs may be returned for any reason within 30 days of delivery. A re-stocking fee of up to 20% will apply to all return items that are opened. Shipping charges are not refundable. All refunds are credited back to the credit card promptly upon receipt and inspection of the product. Please note we cannot accept returns of bulbs showing signs of scratching on the silver tip due to installation error.

A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number or confirmation e-mail issued by H?en must accompany all returns. All returns must be shipped freight prepaid and insured. Please e-mail a request to receive a RMA number. Returns shipped without an RMA cannot be processed promptly.

When you order from H?en your shipping status will be e-mailed in two stages. The first stage will be notification from 2checkout that your order has been received. After this stage your order is pending and will ship usually within 24 hours. USPS or occasionally UPS will issue an e-mail notification with tracking number after it hits their system. Please note this may take 2-3 days and some locations can even receive their order before the UPS computer e-mails the tracking data.

International orders are subject to additional shipping rates that vary depending on destination. Please be advised shipments outside of the USA or Europe make take up to two weeks due to customs inspections in your country.

Any questions or concerns regarding this sales policy can be directed to us prior to purchase.

Thank you for considering H?en for your vehicle.
Yet, they have no contact number or email listed anywhere on the page. Kinda makes me weary about ordering from them. :thumbsdown:
Old 02-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i sedan | Titanium Silver Exterior | Black Leather Interior | Premium Package | Sports Package

The Hoen site looks out dated, but they are legit. I guess they dont spend any money on web design.

I've bought and used these bulbs on my previous E46 M3 which also uses 9006 as the bulb size and these are the best matching non-hid bulbs. I recommend going with these if you dont want to go with the HID retrofit kits, which I've heard my cause error codes.

As for me, I'm still debating if I should go with the HID since I've seen a few cars with them and it makes a noticeable difference. Any recommendation which 9006 Retro Fit HID kit to go with that gaurantees will not cause any error codes?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I have PIAA 4700K fogs from eBay and they match pretty good.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

If you are looking for a simple and affordable upgrade, I recommend the Xenesis Tru Match bulbs we carry. An HID kit will be the best match but if you don't want to spend the money or go through the hassle to retrofit, the Xenesis are a good option.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW' post='798599' date='Feb 21 2009, 06:09 PM
If you are looking for a simple and affordable upgrade, I recommend the Xenesis Tru Match bulbs we carry. An HID kit will be the best match but if you don't want to spend the money or go through the hassle to retrofit, the Xenesis are a good option.
pics?
Old 02-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

2500k hyper yellow fog light
Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='798602' date='Feb 21 2009, 09:28 PM
pics?
+1 would love to see some pics