E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

THE BEST KEPT SECRET! MY AA SUPER CHARGER FINALLY INSTALLED!&#

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

So what was the final cost on the complete install and kit? Can you tell a huge difference when you gun it?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

SWEEEET!!! What is the expected gains?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by skeeter' post='1010715' date='Sep 17 2009, 11:57 PM
So what was the final cost on the complete install and kit? Can you tell a huge difference when you gun it?
+1

COngrats jashy!! Who cares about pre-dyno! Let's get the dyno going!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 550

Originally Posted by jashy247' post='1010706' date='Sep 17 2009, 10:21 PM
Theres actually meets every thursday night in fairfax, va and a lot of people come. I know richmond is pretty far away but the turnout is pretty good. Come by sometime, there are all kinds of BMW's

WOW! amazing..how much was it?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Good move! Would love to hear (read) more about how the car behaves now, where is the power available and how it is different compared to the stock 530. Basically, the more you share - the better

Anyway, congrats and GL having the idle issue resolved
Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Uh, you are leaving out how it feels. Well how is it??? Looks awesome! Alot fasteR?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525I

how much did everything run you? Nice upgrade that is what i need.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

Haha i dunno if Jashy wants to say how much it cost, but it was EXPENSIVEEEEEE, If he wants to say how much it was I'll let him.

As for how it feels, again I'll let him say, but i'll give my initial impressions as well.

The car's rev limiter now kicks in at 7000 RPM (which is a big plus) The car really doesn't feel like it has much more tq than before, atleast down low. But boy once you rev it up to 5000+ revs this thing really goes, my guess is that peak tq comes on at or around 5000rpm with peak power coming close to 7000rpm. It is a night and day difference against a stock 530i. The stock 530i was just soo slow and boring in comparison to this bad boy. The thing I really like about this motor is that it really kinda behaves like the motor in my M. It doesnt really have much tq down low, but theres plenty of top end punch, in a sense it doesn't even feel supercharged it just feels like a really strong NA motor. The car is amazing now, and we just took it for another run. Jake I'm happy you got the kit and enjoy it buddy
Old 09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

Oh estimated gains from AA are 350-360whp. We will have to dyno his car next week to see where its at
Old 09-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMWPower06' post='1010797' date='Sep 18 2009, 02:12 AM
Haha i dunno if Jashy wants to say how much it cost, but it was EXPENSIVEEEEEE, If he wants to say how much it was I'll let him.

As for how it feels, again I'll let him say, but i'll give my initial impressions as well.

The car's rev limiter now kicks in at 7000 RPM (which is a big plus) The car really doesn't feel like it has much more tq than before, atleast down low. But boy once you rev it up to 5000+ revs this thing really goes, my guess is that peak tq comes on at or around 5000rpm with peak power coming close to 7000rpm. It is a night and day difference against a stock 530i. The stock 530i was just soo slow and boring in comparison to this bad boy. The thing I really like about this motor is that it really kinda behaves like the motor in my M. It doesnt really have much tq down low, but theres plenty of top end punch, in a sense it doesn't even feel supercharged it just feels like a really strong NA motor. The car is amazing now, and we just took it for another run. Jake I'm happy you got the kit and enjoy it buddy

+111111

It really is an amazing feeling and im soo happy that i went with the stage 2 kit! as BMWpowered says, we just came back from a test run at night with no cars on the road and boy does it want to go. When its above 3k rpm it just doesnt want to stop, and when you get above 5k rpm your gone up to 7k and then the next gear approaches. I usually dont like the sound of turbos with their whistle but this super charger kit sounds so good and the blow off valve makes it so much better. The first time I test drove it I for sure wanted it off right then and there because I thought it was annoying but after driving around at night I began to enjoy it. Well about the pricing ... Thats the only negative aspect about it. The kit was $7,000 and the installation was 24 hours because of all the troubles even though AA said it would be 15. It was THE VERY FIRST E60 to have this kit and thats why no one knew what was going on , not even the tech managers at AA. With RRT's experience, they managed to get through it. Also, I had to purchase the Air Flow Meter from a e46 which costs $400. So the total was 24 hours of labor plus the $400 part which equaled $2680. So the total came out to $9,680 for the kit. I didnt know that I was going to be spending this much on the kit. I was told by AA the install would be 15 hours for a SLOW shop. Well since AA had never installed it on an e60, they didnt know what they were talking about. Im not trying to burn any companies just saying that they should have told me this information when I ordered the kit, instead of saying what I wanted to hear in order to buy their product. When I got in my car I could tell it was worth every penny. Even though it doesnt have M5 speeds, Im extremely happy with the product and would definitely recommend it. Feel free to ask any other questions

Quick Reply: THE BEST KEPT SECRET! MY AA SUPER CHARGER FINALLY INSTALLED!&#