E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Best E60/61 ECU Remap (UK)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a recommendation for a UK based ECU remap firm to play with a 530D ? (M-sport).

I'd be interested in anyone's experience remapping this car - especially with regards to BMW service "resetting" the map. From other threads, it appears that this isn't expected, but could possibly happen.

I have seen two different types of options and wonder if anyone can comment on them:

1) "Plug in" units. These seem to simply plug in between the fuel pressure (?) sensor and the ECU. I presume they just modify the sensor reading so that the ECU makes the pump apply a higher pressure than it "thinks" it is applying. I imagine the advantage of this type is that you can just remove it at any time if neccesary?

2) ECU EEPROM Remaps. This seesm to be the msot common approach. I presume that this enable the control of more parameters (for example turbo boost pressure as well as fuel pressure and so should technically be a better option ??? The downside of course is that the map is resident in the ECU EEPROM and potentially, BMW could remap it back to defualt during a service.

Anyway - as you can see, I know little about this subject so would be very interested if anyone can explain the options available and give recommendations as to companies/products etc....

I would get delivery of the car until December anyway, so have plenty of time to research before comitting.

Many thanks,

Alasdair
Old 09-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Senior Members

yes i do, i have a 530d and had it remapped to 285bhp and its stunning, more so the mpg is truly excellent.

Send me a PM and i,l give you details of who and were, are you in london by any chance?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='473166' date='Sep 22 2007, 04:10 PM
yes i do, i have a 530d and had it remapped to 285bhp and its stunning, more so the mpg is truly excellent.

Send me a PM and i,l give you details of who and were, are you in london by any chance?

I guess that a remap would invalidate a standard car insurance policy as well, if they every found out??!!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='473166' date='Sep 22 2007, 03:10 PM

You've got mail!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

My 535d (and many others before) has been done by Simon from www.e-maps.co.uk

Absolute class guy and product (and price) and also comes to you to do it.

He is on holiday the next 2 weeks, though, from tomorrow.

Mine is declared to the insurance, so no problems there.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Members

Zimmerman

I might be able to help, I recently had my 525d M Sport remapped by a very professional company, that gave me great advice. I found their prices to be very reasonable following hours of searching on the net to find the best companies to use. The company I went for came to my house and successfully carried out the work, which last approximately 2 hours in total. This involved doing the work by removing the ECU and loading the software on to the ECU after taking a saved copy of your original ECU Map, which is saved on their database, should you need to reinstate it at a later date. All remaps carried out are from your original map and not just a generic upload. The service given came with a test drive with the technician for as long as you wanted to ensure you were happy with the improvements.

All I can say is the results were brilliant and my 525 now performs like a 530d. The torque was increased to 380Nm/mm2 and the bhp was increased to 245bhp. The drive now feels even more effortless and I find i do not need to press down on the accelerator as much as i used to have to before, to get that extra bit of power out the car.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to give the name of the company, as I have only joined this forum today, so if anyone out there knows if this is ok, let me know and i will post the website for you and you can contact them for further advice.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='473087' date='Sep 22 2007, 06:35 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a UK based ECU remap firm to play with a 530D ? (M-sport).

I'd be interested in anyone's experience remapping this car - especially with regards to BMW service "resetting" the map. From other threads, it appears that this isn't expected, but could possibly happen.

I have seen two different types of options and wonder if anyone can comment on them:
1) "Plug in" units. These seem to simply plug in between the fuel pressure (?) sensor and the ECU. I presume they just modify the sensor reading so that the ECU makes the pump apply a higher pressure than it "thinks" it is applying. I imagine the advantage of this type is that you can just remove it at any time if neccesary?

2) ECU EEPROM Remaps. This seesm to be the msot common approach. I presume that this enable the control of more parameters (for example turbo boost pressure as well as fuel pressure and so should technically be a better option ??? The downside of course is that the map is resident in the ECU EEPROM and potentially, BMW could remap it back to defualt during a service.

Anyway - as you can see, I know little about this subject so would be very interested if anyone can explain the options available and give recommendations as to companies/products etc....

I would get delivery of the car until December anyway, so have plenty of time to research before comitting.

Many thanks,
Alasdair
Old 09-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Members

Zimmerman

Sorry correct to my reply. The bhp was increased tp 225bhp and not 245bhp.

Originally Posted by zimmerman' post='473359' date='Sep 23 2007, 09:21 PM
Zimmerman

I might be able to help, I recently had my 525d M Sport remapped by a very professional company, that gave me great advice. I found their prices to be very reasonable following hours of searching on the net to find the best companies to use. The company I went for came to my house and successfully carried out the work, which last approximately 2 hours in total. This involved doing the work by removing the ECU and loading the software on to the ECU after taking a saved copy of your original ECU Map, which is saved on their database, should you need to reinstate it at a later date. All remaps carried out are from your original map and not just a generic upload. The service given came with a test drive with the technician for as long as you wanted to ensure you were happy with the improvements.

All I can say is the results were brilliant and my 525 now performs like a 530d. The torque was increased to 380Nm/mm2 and the bhp was increased to 245bhp. The drive now feels even more effortless and I find i do not need to press down on the accelerator as much as i used to have to before, to get that extra bit of power out the car.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to give the name of the company, as I have only joined this forum today, so if anyone out there knows if this is ok, let me know and i will post the website for you and you can contact them for further advice.

Good luck.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by zimmerman' post='473361' date='Sep 23 2007, 08:24 PM
Zimmerman

Sorry correct to my reply. The bhp was increased tp 225bhp and not 245bhp.

Good stuff - many thanks.

Would you be kind enough to PM me with the comapny name?

Thanks,

Alasdair
Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by olli_535d' post='473247' date='Sep 23 2007, 04:38 AM
My 535d (and many others before) has been done by Simon from www.e-maps.co.uk

Absolute class guy and product (and price) and also comes to you to do it.

He is on holiday the next 2 weeks, though, from tomorrow.

Mine is declared to the insurance, so no problems there.
Good stuff - thanks Olli. I've put emaps on my list of people to call.....

Cheers,

Alasdair
Old 10-03-2007, 09:49 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by zimmerman' post='473359' date='Sep 23 2007, 09:21 PM
Zimmerman

Good luck.
Always allowed to name people who give you good (or Bad) service.

Spread the word, knowledge is power.

Welcome to the forum

Quick Reply: Best E60/61 ECU Remap (UK)?