E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL has been set to aktiv, but mirror not folding from keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012 | 11:08 AM
Members

My Ride: OEM Specs - Titanium Silver, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Poplar Wood trim, Xenon Adaptive Head Lights, Navigation, Satellite Radio Mods: Umnitza M5Tech Body Kit(Front, Rear and Side Skirts), Alufelgen 19/8.5 ET35 (Front) 19/9.5 ET35 (Rear), Continental DWS 245/35ZR19 (Front) 275/30ZR19 Rear, MGP Red Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint (VA Limits), Angel I Bright 3.0A (Bright White), R1 Premium D/S, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps, Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit, Self Design Quad Exhaust (Center Resonator delete, Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, Vibrant 1793 Stainless Steel Bottle Style Resonator, Yonaka Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust Tips), H&R Sports Springs 29146-1 Vendors Used for Installation- Body Kit- BMW of Fairfax, Fairfax, VA Quad Exhaust- Monroe Brakes And Exhaust, Fairfax, VA Wheels and Tires- Hogan & Sons (Good Year), Ashburn, VA Tints- LA Tint, Manassas, VA Self Design Quad Exhaust- HPS Customs, Glen Burnie, MD H&R Sports Springs- Authority PitStop, VA Self Installs- MGP Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, Angel I Bright 3.0A, R1 Premium D/S Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps with Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, HID 6K Fogs with Canbus Ballasts, 6K License Plate Lights, Stealth Matte Black Grille, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit. Retired: Umnitza Quad Exhaust
Default BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL has been set to aktiv, but mirror not folding from keyfob

Coding Gurus,
I could get Digital speedometer in cluster to work by setting BC_DIGITAL_V to aktiv (My first NCSExpert project). I have M5 mirrors on (Mirror was plug and play, 3 wires connector). My car is Tit Silver Metallic and the M5 mirror was black. I ripped it apart, painted it to match my car, wrapped the lower cover with carbon fiber. My car looks great with the M5 Mirrors. Everything works including AutoDim, Puddle Lights, "Passenger mirror curb function" (like my 5 series mirrors). From KGM module, I set BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL to aktiv. When i lock the car using the keyfob, i held the lock button for more than 2 secs and did not see the mirror fold.
Please let me know if i am missing something.

Thanks
Old 10-17-2012 | 03:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

... not sure why but that was all I did ... check to see if you have SA430 option.
Old 10-17-2012 | 06:31 PM
Members

My Ride: OEM Specs - Titanium Silver, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Poplar Wood trim, Xenon Adaptive Head Lights, Navigation, Satellite Radio Mods: Umnitza M5Tech Body Kit(Front, Rear and Side Skirts), Alufelgen 19/8.5 ET35 (Front) 19/9.5 ET35 (Rear), Continental DWS 245/35ZR19 (Front) 275/30ZR19 Rear, MGP Red Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint (VA Limits), Angel I Bright 3.0A (Bright White), R1 Premium D/S, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps, Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit, Self Design Quad Exhaust (Center Resonator delete, Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, Vibrant 1793 Stainless Steel Bottle Style Resonator, Yonaka Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust Tips), H&R Sports Springs 29146-1 Vendors Used for Installation- Body Kit- BMW of Fairfax, Fairfax, VA Quad Exhaust- Monroe Brakes And Exhaust, Fairfax, VA Wheels and Tires- Hogan & Sons (Good Year), Ashburn, VA Tints- LA Tint, Manassas, VA Self Design Quad Exhaust- HPS Customs, Glen Burnie, MD H&R Sports Springs- Authority PitStop, VA Self Installs- MGP Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, Angel I Bright 3.0A, R1 Premium D/S Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps with Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, HID 6K Fogs with Canbus Ballasts, 6K License Plate Lights, Stealth Matte Black Grille, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit. Retired: Umnitza Quad Exhaust

Thanks for your Reply. Good to know it worked for you and hopefully it will work for me too. And, where would i see SA430 option?, In KGM trace file?

Thanks,
Chetan
Old 10-17-2012 | 07:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

SA430 is an option code that goes to the VO.

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 10-17-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2012 | 08:14 PM
Members

Was looking at a VO DIY which states that i need to add $430 to FA in both CAS and LMA.
Couple of days back, to update an option in CAS module (used revtor's profile), i processed the job to Read CAS which inturn writes to the Trace file. The job aborted with "COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file CAS2.C05".

Will this be a problem if i try to add $430 in VO both to CAS and LMA?.
Thanks,
Chetan
Old 10-19-2012 | 01:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Hi

First off all you will need to add the SA430 code ( $430 ) to the cars VO/FA list , and then make a WRITE to the CAS & LMA modul , then make a coding of the car.

In order to get the folding function to work with your remote on the key ( long press ) the BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL parameter must be set to "aktiv" and you will then need to code both doormoduls ( TMBF & TMFH ) , alternativ you can go into the "Car Key Memory" modus of the NCS-Expert and set the funktion to aktiv here.

Kind Regards
BenAnd/Denmark

Last edited by BenAnd; 10-19-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-19-2012 | 06:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i

@ SU530XI

Not sure if you no how to change your VO but is under "FA" I provided a link that shows the step by step process if you are unsure. You might want to go to BMWcoding.com fantastic website for coding. Also, I sent you a PM but never got anything back from you

http://www.bmwcoding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1253&d=1329308940
Old 10-19-2012 | 01:49 PM
Members

Gurus, thanks for the replies. Sorry. I have been getting a lot of junk after i signed up for Groupon, LivingSocial. Not sure how to control it. Please advise if i can update the VO as, few days back, i processed the job to Read CAS which inturn writes to the Trace file. The job aborted with "COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file CAS2.C05".

Will this be a problem if i try to add $430 in VO both to CAS and LMA?.

Thanks,
Chetan
Old 10-22-2012 | 01:51 PM
Members

No Luck. I added $430 to VO in both CAS and LMA Control Units, executed KGM module with BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL set to aktiv. The mirrors does not fold at all. Please Gurus throw your in sights.

Thanks,
Chetan
Old 10-22-2012 | 01:57 PM
Members
Senior Members

Can you confirm that the mirror itself has folding capability? Yes, there is M5 mirror out there that has no folding motor.

Quick Reply: BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL has been set to aktiv, but mirror not folding from keyfob