E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BBS LM/Cheap Rubber Vs. BBS LM Rep with Yoko Advans

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkd' post='1088556' date='Jan 11 2010, 06:38 PM
dude, its not like if you get a set of falkens ur gonna slip off the earth. you have a 530i (correct me if i'm wrong), i have one as well and the falkens are fine. trust me. why waste money on stupid tires if your not gonna track the car (530i isn't really performance oriented now is it?). i can floor the shit outa the 530i and have like 0 wheelspin with falkens (wish i did on it lol).

rims are way more important than tires. rims you can't easily change, tires u go through all the time. so even if u can only afford decent rubber, then so be it upgrade next time around when they bald

if your talking about an m5 then u need good tires. but for anything less, it is what it is.. traction control will take care of less performing tires on the roads.

last but not least, take a look for some used tire deals. you can find barely used tires with the majority of the thread life left on them for half the price or less!

not falkens just break loose easily, ive seen them do it and with a s2k.

Plus 452's are around $900 shipped and thats insane considering their decent ratings.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='1088346' date='Jan 12 2010, 06:20 AM
Hey guys,

So im at a bit of a crossroads here.

Im looking into getting new wheels again and ive come to the conclusion that the style of the bbs lm is what i want.

My problem is this. I cant afford to throw out anymore than 4500 on wheel/tires.

If I get authentic BBS lm's then I have to buy crappy rubber and I can only get 19's

If I get Linea Corsa or Chikara LM reps I can possibly go 20's but more importantly I can get exceptionally good rubber like Yoko Advan competition tires.

I kinda in the position of not enough peanut butter for the slice of bread. Either its going to spread thinly across the slice or its going to be thick in a few areas and sparse in others.

Im not making it an option to hold out and just buy authentic LMs with the Yoko's being the tires alone are $2k. and the wheels will run me $4k +.

IF you had to go this route and only this route, which way would members here go?
Yes tires are important so I would recommend you to save more money to buy a whole set (authentic LMs with good rubbers.)
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='1088568' date='Jan 11 2010, 09:55 PM
not falkens just break loose easily, ive seen them do it and with a s2k.

Plus 452's are around $900 shipped and thats insane considering their decent ratings.

your comparing a go cart to a luxury sedan. s2k is 2800lbs the 530i is 3,500... whole different ball game with wheel spin.

all i'm saying is, if your gonna do it right. tires should be on the back burner to the wheels. if you buy a set of reps and then decide u want the real things ur gonna be out alot of money.

if you buy the bbs's and have crap tires for now u can always get better tires down the road without taking a hit since tires are "consumables" and rims aren't.

there are plenty of good cheap tires out there check out sumitomo htr's even the new hankook v12's if you can find those onthe cheap are a great tire.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Senior Members

you can also consider work vs-xx in 20's.. those are sick too. if I had the $$ for real lm's, I would go for them. other wise I would chose something similar and NOT going with the replica route. just my two cents...
Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 //M5 AW smg

I think the Reps are not forged correct? I would go with Iforged and have plenty $$ left over.
Last i looked it was like $2400/set. Check with Trinity Autosport!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Senior Members

dont go for rep.. go for other jap wheels.. go for work wheels. is cheap and good quality, especially VS-XX
Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by naj155' post='1088660' date='Jan 11 2010, 08:53 PM
dont go for rep.. go for other jap wheels.. go for work wheels. is cheap and good quality, especially VS-XX
please take the time to spell the whole word....that abbreviation can be taken offensively...

BTT: GL with your decision PTL. I say save your money and get the real deal, I believe it was you that said somewhere on here in another thread "...spend the money and mod it right the first time, or you'll spend even more money later on..."
Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Contributors

getting alot of good info on here

currently working out a possible deal for some authentic LM's and doing some pricing for the yokos
Old 01-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Contributors

I agree with the point of getting the forged BBS LM's and getting ok tires for now, I can always have easy access to tires, but BBS LM's are not very easy to come by at a good price these days
Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skunkd' post='1088634' date='Jan 11 2010, 08:24 PM
your comparing a go cart to a luxury sedan. s2k is 2800lbs the 530i is 3,500... whole different ball game with wheel spin.

all i'm saying is, if your gonna do it right. tires should be on the back burner to the wheels. if you buy a set of reps and then decide u want the real things ur gonna be out alot of money.

if you buy the bbs's and have crap tires for now u can always get better tires down the road without taking a hit since tires are "consumables" and rims aren't.

there are plenty of good cheap tires out there check out sumitomo htr's even the new hankook v12's if you can find those onthe cheap are a great tire.

this is a very good point

Quick Reply: BBS LM/Cheap Rubber Vs. BBS LM Rep with Yoko Advans