E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bad experience with Bromley's Tunit diesel tuning device

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to review the Tunit diesel performance module after seeing Bromleys advertisement in Diesel car. With high hopes for a real boost in power as claimed from the ad unfortunately the product was let down by poor service and zero after sales customer support.

Where do I start?

Firstly I emailed twice enquiring about the product and after the second email over 2 days I get a reply stating 2 prices, one for new and one for used.I call the office and a lady answered who took my card details for the used product after explaining that it was called 'used' because it is used for demo's but in real terms was hardly 'used'. With that I excitedly bought the product and was told it will be shipped out today(yesterday) and delivered today. During the conversation, the lady said all products both new and old come with 12 months warranty, I asked her what version I was getting and she said she will call me back. At close of business, no reply, so I sent them an email asking the warranty period, as on their website it states 3 yrs and the version of tunit I was getting... no reply, I wait till mid afternoon the following day..no reply.. so I email them again feeling a little like I a pestering them or perhaps being paranoid... no reply.

At close of business again I call them asking the questions that I wanted answering and where was my product. The answer given was that my card was referred and she will call me back. My card is good and has good credit. I wait, no call back. I call at the very last minute and just catch them before closing, apparently now my card payment has gone through but they need to order a harness? to fit my car so I won't get the package till Friday. They also said they have seen my emails and will answer them straight away. No email by 7.30pm, I called their office and the out of hours mobile on their site, no reply.

Now I'm worried, they've got my money, I have nothing confirming the product details, they don't call back. I just left a voice mail on their office phone explaining all this and wish to cancel the order...!!! From the general impression I am getting I expect problems getting my money back now. I have contacted my bank to see what they can do. Even if they apologise for their lack of customer service, I am no longer impressed with their service and this reflects poorly on their product.

Well I couldn't wait anymore, so I text their mobile, and the way my phone is set up it gives me confirmation that they received the message. I told them they have given me no choice but to cancel my order and if they wish to discuss this then call me otherwise give me my refund. I got a text message straight away saying "refund on it's way! canceling is spelt like that." In fact he spelt cancelling wrong!? I was fuming and called the mobile straightaway but they did not answer. I have a big temper and couldn't calm down all night so at 11pm went for a 3 mile run and workout to get rid of my adrenaline before I went to bed.

On to the actual product.

First and second gear acceleration appeared quicker, but engine was less smooth. The crunch came when trying to shop for an insurance quote with the tunit box. Quoted an extra 200pounds with tunit. On balance that is too much to pay for the extra enjoyment. Economy much the same before and after fitment
Its funny - but when I wanted a Used tunit they were like hens teeth and I had to beat someone else off with a mucky stick.....but when I want to sell / give one away, nobody is interested !!!

Tunit was fine, until I dropped it into their place at Chorley and had it taken up again. Now it loses power abruptly during overtaking (very scary), so I've removed it and will either drop it in again to revert to original settings.

It seems that it screws up the cars MPG computer and makes it over-read by 8mpg.
I?ll leave it to the reader to decide but it is clearly important to be aware of businesses with poor service and to be well informed before making any buying decision.