E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012 | 05:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I'm trying to find the power signal lead for the backup camera. I decided to install the backup camera with the Xcarlink and I have to tap from the + wire when the car is put in reserve so the camera starts. Currently, I have the power coming from the rear back up light and this signal is not stable enough or either has interference causing the display to roll with horizontal lines. I'm told I can just install a relay in the current configuration and it will clean it up.
Old 01-12-2012 | 08:45 AM
Members

Hi tony, i'm trying to do the same to after successfully installed my xcarlink. I found this info for the relay and thought it may help you.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425343

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I'm trying to find the power signal lead for the backup camera. I decided to install the backup camera with the Xcarlink and I have to tap from the + wire when the car is put in reserve so the camera starts. Currently, I have the power coming from the rear back up light and this signal is not stable enough or either has interference causing the display to roll with horizontal lines. I'm told I can just install a relay in the current configuration and it will clean it up.
Old 01-12-2012 | 10:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by roykimi
Hi tony, i'm trying to do the same to after successfully installed my xcarlink. I found this info for the relay and thought it may help you.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425343
Nice! Thanks for that. Actually, I was hoping to identify the CCC + pin but not looking forward to opening up the IP again... I will stop by the store on the way home.