E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

B&B Exhaust on the way!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i Silver Gray, Sport Package, Nav, Logic 7, 20 inch Asanti's

I did it, I ordered the B&B cat back system today. I called AJUSA racing in San Diego and they were as cheap as BAVAUTO and they do the installation as well!!! $688 including tax. Is there anything I should know about the installation so I can tell them?? By the way if you don't live in San Diego, you can order on line too.

www.ajusa.com
Old 01-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Make sure AJUSA uses a shorter exhaust hanger to seat the pipes higher up in the rear valence. If you use solely the stock hanger, the pipes hang down way too low. Some people have gone to the effort of making custom brackets. Not necessary. I actually had my install shop use two shorter hangers to handle the job. Also, don't forget to have them plug the vacuum tube that connects to the stock exhaust, otherwise you will have an error message.

The B&B is incredible sounding and to look at. You will be very pleased.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Do not be surprised if it seems a little loud at first. I feel as if mine has mellowed as it has burned in with carbon from driving. The other thing that I noticed is that since I have a Steptronic, if I drive in sport mode, I get a much better sound, especially on the downshifts.

Best of luck!!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Silver Gray, Sport Package, Nav, Logic 7, 20 inch Asanti's

Originally Posted by mcorliss' date='Jan 18 2005, 01:11 PM
Make sure AJUSA uses a shorter exhaust hanger to seat the pipes higher up in the rear valence.? If you use solely the stock hanger, the pipes hang down way too low.? Some people have gone to the effort of making custom brackets.? Not necessary.? I actually had my install shop use two shorter hangers to handle the job.? Also, don't forget to have them plug the vacuum tube that connects to the stock exhaust, otherwise you will have an error message.

The B&B is incredible sounding and to look at.? You will be very pleased.

I have said it before and I will say it again.? Do not be surprised if it seems a little loud at first.? I feel as if mine has mellowed as it has burned in with carbon from driving.? The other thing that I noticed is that since I have a Steptronic, if I drive in sport mode, I get a much better sound, especially on the downshifts.

Best of luck!!
[snapback]80448[/snapback]
Thanks for the advise!! I knew there was something that had to be done.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

You'll love it but as has been mentioned already it may seem a little loud at first, but trust me it becomes totally addictive real fast.

Here's a link to a thread that I started over in the Parts, Accessories and Mods forum a while back right after I had my B&B installed...some good info (and pics) there from many different people, you may want to check it out...

B&B Thread
Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by mcorliss' date='Jan 18 2005, 03:11 PM
Make sure AJUSA uses a shorter exhaust hanger to seat the pipes higher up in the rear valence.? If you use solely the stock hanger, the pipes hang down way too low.? Some people have gone to the effort of making custom brackets.? Not necessary.? I actually had my install shop use two shorter hangers to handle the job.
Hello, can you elaborate more on that ? I have eisenmann quad exhaust on my car but at the left part it seems to be lower than the right one. Hope you are able to help me out. Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Jan 19 2005, 05:18 AM
[quote name='mcorliss' date='Jan 18 2005, 03:11 PM']Make sure AJUSA uses a shorter exhaust hanger to seat the pipes higher up in the rear valence.? If you use solely the stock hanger, the pipes hang down way too low.? Some people have gone to the effort of making custom brackets.? Not necessary.? I actually had my install shop use two shorter hangers to handle the job.
Hello, can you elaborate more on that ? I have eisenmann quad exhaust on my car but at the left part it seems to be lower than the right one. Hope you are able to help me out. Thanks
[snapback]80677[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sure, but it is pretty straight forward.

I noticed several other posters refer to needing a customized bracket (i.e. the short one that is bolted to the car) to connect via a rubber exhaust hanger to the bracket attached to the exhaust itself. When I was having mine installed, I brought pictures of the "customized piece" to guide my installer. At first the installer tried a single, shorter hanger. However, for some reason, it broke and the exhaust was clearly hanging too low.

When I brought it back to the shop, they tried using two narrow but short hangers and they worked like a charm. The exhaust has plenty of clearance from the valence and looks fabulous. My biggest concern was to not modify the bracket on the car since I am leasing. Therefore, I accomplished my goal and with the double hangers, I actually have a very secure fit. I always hated driving behind some guy with an aftermarket exhaust that is loose and moves around when they hit bumps. Instead, mine is more secure than the stock one and clearly looks / sounds much better. Hope this answers your question better.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

Originally Posted by Bark41' date='Jan 18 2005, 01:56 PM
I did it, I ordered the B&B cat back system today. I called AJUSA racing in San Diego and they were as cheap as BAVAUTO and they do the installation as well!!! $688 including tax. Is there anything I should know about the installation so I can tell them?? By the way if you don't live in San Diego, you can order on line too.

www.ajusa.com
[snapback]80444[/snapback]
i just checked out that site but its $704.97 pus tax..... did u get any hook ups or something????