E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

B&B Exhaust pic.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Sep 11 2004, 02:52 PM
What a sound...

which my 525 could sound like that if i add it.
listen to the 530 film on the website of BBtriflo.. The sound isn't what I expected it to be..
Old 09-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Contributors

530E60NL,

It is not that impressive but it is better than my 'no sound at all' on my 525.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Contributors

Let me understand. Only the pipes after the resonators and muffler were changed for the B&B? This likely won't improve back pressure any if at all. It also suggests the significant exhaust tone comes the muffler and perhaps that is the only part to change just for sound purposes, which I think most of us are interested in.
The 530 is much quieter than the 330 with the same engine. I am sure BMW didn't restrict the backpresure just to quieten the car. A survey of aftermarket mufflers seems in order.
I truly wonder what level of 'development' or 'research' the companies do to make these exhaust systems. Are they advertised as adding power or are they just louder? I would like a nice tone and have little hope to increase power until the cat conv goes.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Contributors

The car sounds great. Is the sound expected to increase after break-in or diminish somewhat?
Old 09-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sg530' date='Sep 11 2004, 04:10 PM
Let me understand. Only the pipes after the resonators and muffler were changed for the B&B? This likely won't improve back pressure any if at all. It also suggests the significant exhaust tone comes the muffler and perhaps that is the only part to change just for sound purposes, which I think most of us are interested in.
The 530 is much quieter than the 330 with the same engine. I am sure BMW didn't restrict the backpresure just to quieten the car. A survey of aftermarket mufflers seems in order.
I truly wonder what level of 'development' or 'research' the companies do to make these exhaust systems. Are they advertised as adding power or are they just louder? I would like a nice tone and have little hope to increase power until the cat conv goes.
Some high flow cats would more than likely add to hp. Exhausts by themselves shouldn't be expected to add much performance, rather one should buy them just for sound, looks and price. There is that rather substantial weight savings though.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Contributors

heezy545i,

on you avantar you have a nice front of a bimmer. Is that your bimmer? can you post more picture of it? specially front.

It looks awsome
Old 09-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Sep 11 2004, 08:11 PM
heezy545i,

on you avantar you have a nice front of a bimmer. Is that your bimmer? can you post more picture of it? specially front.

It looks awsome
I believe that is an E60 M5...
Old 09-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Contributors

Thanks viper
Old 09-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I wish I could tell the 530 & 525 owners that a muffler change will make your car sound like that but it just won't. V8 vs. I6... it will have a different sound. It may still sound good but it will be different. There is no way an I6 will sound like that, sorry.
The resonators are in place but the muffler and the pipe from the last resonator is a new piece from B&B. It is still much less restrictive than the stock setup (and thus the louder sound).
I made the change for sound purposes only. Any additional HP benefits are purely a welcomed extra. It also weighs considerably less than the stock muffler(s). It is loud enough IMO this way. I can just imagine what it would be like with the resonators out (not to mention with high-flo cats).
I don't think it'll get much louder than it is already, but time will tell.

Quick Reply: B&B Exhaust pic.