E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

B&B Exhaust Installed / Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Anyone know how good sprewell racing is with this kind of stuff? Installing Aftermarket exhausts...

http://www.sprewellracing.com/
Old 12-16-2004, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by bleudyno' date='Dec 16 2004, 05:33 PM
took the dive and order the B&B exhaust.? They were out of stock at bavauto so its going to come straight from the manufacturer.? Now i just have to find a place to install it at.? The bavauto spokesperson told me that the stock exhaust needs to be cut off and the new one welded on.? I don't know of any shops around here so I called Midas and they said that they could do it and that they service a lot of guys with BMW's that want to install aftermarket exhausts.? I don't know, sounds kind of scary taking my baby to a Midas.? Can anyone recommend a good place for the install in Souther California, mainly in the LA/OC area?

David
[snapback]69732[/snapback]
As JTP has already mentioned...I had mine installed at Mesa Muffler in Costa Mesa (on Harbor Blvd). I would highly recommend them...they have been there for 25+ years...they know how to work on Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, BMW's etc...and they have already done mine so they know about the bracket that needs to be fabricated to make it fit "just right." If I were you I wouldn't go anywhere else...
Old 12-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 16 2004, 06:31 PM
[quote name='bleudyno' date='Dec 16 2004, 05:33 PM']took the dive and order the B&B exhaust.? They were out of stock at bavauto so its going to come straight from the manufacturer.? Now i just have to find a place to install it at.? The bavauto spokesperson told me that the stock exhaust needs to be cut off and the new one welded on.? I don't know of any shops around here so I called Midas and they said that they could do it and that they service a lot of guys with BMW's that want to install aftermarket exhausts.? I don't know, sounds kind of scary taking my baby to a Midas.? Can anyone recommend a good place for the install in Souther California, mainly in the LA/OC area?

David
[snapback]69732[/snapback]
As JTP has already mentioned...I had mine installed at Mesa Muffler in Costa Mesa (on Harbor Blvd). I would highly recommend them...they have been there for 25+ years...they know how to work on Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, BMW's etc...and they have already done mine so they know about the bracket that needs to be fabricated to make it fit "just right." If I were you I wouldn't go anywhere else...
[snapback]69804[/snapback]
[/quote]

oops last post was me...just not logged in
Old 12-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Contributors

Try bullet performance in costa mesa
Old 12-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Dec 10 2004, 01:52 PM
No sound clips yet...although I will have them posted in a couple days (same exhaust as Realtyman...so the sound will basically be the same). As Realtyman mentioned in his original post on his B&B install in order to get the tips to sit up in the rear valance...you need the muffler shop to fab a new small hanger in the rear. If you don't it still looks fine but the tips will be about 1/2"-3/4" lower than what you see in my pics.

Sound is great...no question the car has a V8 now. I wouldn't call it loud...but below 2k RPM it is quite noticable...if you're going to go this route you need to be prepared to give up the quiet cabin that you've grown accustomed to...below 2kRPM. I did have all my resonators installed again...so now my set-up is all stock with the exception of the B&B piece behind the rear resonator

ps-I mentioned in another post that Bavauto.com currently has this piece on sale for $629...about $200 less than B&B direct
[snapback]67521[/snapback]
Hi. I just receive my B&B for 545i. I am having it installed on Monday AM. It is an absolute work of art. Quick question. What is the little vacuum tube for that connects to the stock muffler outlet. What effect would it have on performance if it is removed a la B&B???
Old 12-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by mcorliss' date='Dec 17 2004, 08:12 PM
[quote name='ch7656' date='Dec 10 2004, 01:52 PM']No sound clips yet...although I will have them posted in a couple days (same exhaust as Realtyman...so the sound will basically be the same). As Realtyman mentioned in his original post on his B&B install in order to get the tips to sit up in the rear valance...you need the muffler shop to fab a new small hanger in the rear. If you don't it still looks fine but the tips will be about 1/2"-3/4" lower than what you see in my pics.

Sound is great...no question the car has a V8 now. I wouldn't call it loud...but below 2k RPM it is quite noticable...if you're going to go this route you need to be prepared to give up the quiet cabin that you've grown accustomed to...below 2kRPM. I did have all my resonators installed again...so now my set-up is all stock with the exception of the B&B piece behind the rear resonator

ps-I mentioned in another post that Bavauto.com currently has this piece on sale for $629...about $200 less than B&B direct
Hi. I just receive my B&B for 545i. I am having it installed on Monday AM. It is an absolute work of art. Quick question. What is the little vacuum tube for that connects to the stock muffler outlet. What effect would it have on performance if it is removed a la B&B???
[snapback]70118[/snapback]
[/quote]

Tha vacuum tube opens the "secondary muffler". It is not necessary with the B&B. It's "open" all the time.
Have the shop that does the install tie it off with a tie-wrap or something. If you leave it open, it may cause your computer to throw an error. Be sure that it is tied off prior to starting the car.

Who's doing the install?

I sure does look pretty in the box, doesn't it?
Old 12-18-2004, 05:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Dec 17 2004, 08:28 PM
[quote name='mcorliss' date='Dec 17 2004, 08:12 PM'][quote name='ch7656' date='Dec 10 2004, 01:52 PM']No sound clips yet...although I will have them posted in a couple days (same exhaust as Realtyman...so the sound will basically be the same). As Realtyman mentioned in his original post on his B&B install in order to get the tips to sit up in the rear valance...you need the muffler shop to fab a new small hanger in the rear. If you don't it still looks fine but the tips will be about 1/2"-3/4" lower than what you see in my pics.

[snapback]70118[/snapback]
[/quote]

Tha vacuum tube opens the "secondary muffler". It is not necessary with the B&B. It's "open" all the time.
Have the shop that does the install tie it off with a tie-wrap or something. If you leave it open, it may cause your computer to throw an error. Be sure that it is tied off prior to starting the car.

Who's doing the install?

I sure does look pretty in the box, doesn't it?
[snapback]70120[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the insight. I am having it installed on Monday so I can enjoy it while on vacation. I tried KTR but they were booked out until Mid-January. The installer is the shop located next to the Aston Martin Dealership in Waltham. They have done all sorts of work on my Dad's DB7 Vantage Volante and non-warranty work on my other cars. By the way, I have a pristine 2000 ML430 with you name on it (Absolutely Mint). Perfect Ski Vehicle!!!
Old 12-18-2004, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I'd be more interested in the DB7.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Dec 18 2004, 11:33 AM
I'd be more interested in the DB7.
[snapback]70234[/snapback]
That can always be arranged. He drove a Vanquish last weekend and is now trying to rationalize the upgrade.

It is dangerous when I, of all people, have to be the voice of reason when it comes to cars.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:49 PM

Quick Reply: B&B Exhaust Installed / Pics