E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

B&B Exhaust Installed / Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Dec 12 2004, 02:35 PM
Realtyman-
You know I don't think it would be that bad with the two smaller resonators removed (leaving the large rear one)...why don't you go ahead and try that and let me know what you think ;-)
[snapback]68341[/snapback]
Uh... You first.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Dec 12 2004, 03:51 PM
[quote name='ch7656' date='Dec 12 2004, 02:35 PM']Realtyman-
You know I don't think it would be that bad with the two smaller resonators removed (leaving the large rear one)...why don't you go ahead and try that and let me know what you think ;-)
Uh... You first.
[snapback]68398[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh come on do it...you've already mentioned that you were thinking about it (didn't you)...I just figured maybe I could push you over the edge
Old 12-13-2004, 05:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Dec 12 2004, 10:13 PM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Dec 12 2004, 03:51 PM'][quote name='ch7656' date='Dec 12 2004, 02:35 PM']Realtyman-
Uh... You first.
[/quote]

Oh come on do it...you've already mentioned that you were thinking about it (didn't you)...I just figured maybe I could push you over the edge
[snapback]68493[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, I don't need it any louder. I did mention it before, but at this point I think it is fine.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Dec 13 2004, 07:41 AM
[quote name='ch7656' date='Dec 12 2004, 10:13 PM'][quote name='realtyman' date='Dec 12 2004, 03:51 PM'][quote name='ch7656' date='Dec 12 2004, 02:35 PM']Realtyman-
Uh... You first.
[/quote]

[snapback]68493[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, I don't need it any louder. I did mention it before, but at this point I think it is fine.
[snapback]68585[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree just having some fun...after 5 days of driving around with it, I think it is perfect...authoritative without being obnoxious...
Old 12-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Old 12-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

I am in the market for an exhaust right now. At first i wanted a quad exhaust but both Hamann and Eisenmann quad exhausts are basically one muffler with two dummy pipes on the other end. Eisenmann charges around 1200 for theirs and Hamann charges double the price of their dual exhaust for two extra dummy pipes ($3300) What a rip!! So I've decided to go ahead with the B&B exhaust. From here the sound clips, I really like the deep V8 sound from it. I was looking on bavauto.com and just wanted to make sure that this is the exhaust that is in question. It doesn't say B&B exhaust so i just want to make sure. Bavauto It shows it as "Bavarian Autosport Tri-Flo Performance Exhaust System with twin 3.5" Tips" priced on sale for 629.95. I do however like the AC Schnitzer dual fused tip. Maybe in the future i'll add the tips on the B&B exhaust, unless of course, ACS makes an exhaust with those tips. I've searched but havent found any info on it. AC Schnitzer exhaust tip

David
Old 12-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bleudyno' date='Dec 15 2004, 12:50 PM
I am in the market for an exhaust right now.? At first i wanted a quad exhaust but both Hamann and Eisenmann quad exhausts are basically one muffler with two dummy pipes on the other end.? Eisenmann charges around 1200 for theirs and Hamann charges double the price of their dual exhaust for two extra dummy pipes ($3300) What a rip!!? So I've decided to go ahead with the B&B exhaust.? From here the sound clips, I really like the deep V8 sound from it.? I was looking on bavauto.com and just wanted to make sure that this is the exhaust that is in question.? It doesn't say B&B exhaust so i just want to make sure. Bavauto? It shows it as "Bavarian Autosport Tri-Flo Performance Exhaust System with twin 3.5" Tips" priced on sale for 629.95.? I do however like the AC Schnitzer dual fused tip. Maybe in the future i'll add the tips on the B&B exhaust, unless of course, ACS makes an exhaust with those tips.? I've searched but havent found any info on it.? AC Schnitzer exhaust tip

David
[snapback]69389[/snapback]
David-
If I were you I would call Bavauto. I called them and ordered the B&B and then asked them to call B&B in AZ and have them (B& drop ship direct to me in Huntington Beach. I called Bavauto on Thursday and the exhaust was at my house 4 business days later!
Old 12-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

took the dive and order the B&B exhaust. They were out of stock at bavauto so its going to come straight from the manufacturer. Now i just have to find a place to install it at. The bavauto spokesperson told me that the stock exhaust needs to be cut off and the new one welded on. I don't know of any shops around here so I called Midas and they said that they could do it and that they service a lot of guys with BMW's that want to install aftermarket exhausts. I don't know, sounds kind of scary taking my baby to a Midas. Can anyone recommend a good place for the install in Souther California, mainly in the LA/OC area?

David
Old 12-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Try to find a shop that deals in high-end aftermarket installs! A few extra bucks is well worth it! You';ll love it once it's on.

I should start getting a commission from B&B.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bleudyno' date='Dec 16 2004, 03:33 PM
took the dive and order the B&B exhaust.? They were out of stock at bavauto so its going to come straight from the manufacturer.? Now i just have to find a place to install it at.? The bavauto spokesperson told me that the stock exhaust needs to be cut off and the new one welded on.? I don't know of any shops around here so I called Midas and they said that they could do it and that they service a lot of guys with BMW's that want to install aftermarket exhausts.? I don't know, sounds kind of scary taking my baby to a Midas.? Can anyone recommend a good place for the install in Souther California, mainly in the LA/OC area?

David
[snapback]69732[/snapback]
Mesa muffler in Costa Mesa has been recommended on the forum by CH7656 who had his done there.

Quick Reply: B&B Exhaust Installed / Pics