E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

B&B Exhaust Installed / Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by mcorliss' date='Dec 10 2004, 08:36 PM
[quote name='ch7656' date='Dec 10 2004, 01:52 PM']No sound clips yet...although I will have them posted in a couple days (same exhaust as Realtyman...so the sound will basically be the same). As Realtyman mentioned in his original post on his B&B install in order to get the tips to sit up in the rear valance...you need the muffler shop to fab a new small hanger in the rear. If you don't it still looks fine but the tips will be about 1/2"-3/4" lower than what you see in my pics.

Sound is great...no question the car has a V8 now. I wouldn't call it loud...but below 2k RPM it is quite noticable...if you're going to go this route you need to be prepared to give up the quiet cabin that you've grown accustomed to...below 2kRPM. I did have all my resonators installed again...so now my set-up is all stock with the exception of the B&B piece behind the rear resonator

ps-I mentioned in another post that Bavauto.com currently has this piece on sale for $629...about $200 less than B&B direct
[snapback]67521[/snapback]
Thank you so much for posting these excellent pics.

I too have a Silver-Gray 545i with reflectors and have ordered a B&B per Realtyman's recommendation. I will print these pics out and give them to my install shop to make sure they replicate the placement of the pipes via a custom hanger. Very excited to see how it comes out...especially soundwise. Can't wait to hear the audio. Parting question: Why does B&B weld the flat bars inside the exit from muffler to pipes. Do you think it is for back pressure or tuning of sound?!?
[snapback]67669[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey mcorliss,

Who are you going to have do the install?
I found my Receipt from KTR. $189 including the custom mount fabrication.

Interesting that ch7656 also needed a custom mount fabrication.

The "bars" are most likely structural but I wouldn't discount tone in the mix either.

As a note: I had to meet a client of mine today. He had heard the car once before.
When I pulled up today he said "I knew that was you coming".
"You must love driving that thing."
I promptly replied that I can't keep the stupid smile off of my face .

Being a car nut himself, it was with nice to hear him say that it was "...the best sounding car he's heard."

BTW, maybe I should start getting a commission from B&B?
Otherwise, I may start plugging Eisemann?
Billy Boat, are you listening???????
Old 12-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

hey realtyman I cant seem to get your video clip to work it crashes my browser each time I click your link... can you post the direct location of the vid where I download it?
Old 12-11-2004, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Dec 10 2004, 11:36 PM
hey realtyman I cant seem to get your video clip to work it crashes my browser each time I click your link... can you post the direct location of the vid where I download it?
[snapback]67742[/snapback]

http://www.realtyman.com/545i_2.htm
Old 12-11-2004, 06:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by mcorliss' date='Dec 10 2004, 06:36 PM
[quote name='ch7656' date='Dec 10 2004, 01:52 PM']No sound clips yet...although I will have them posted in a couple days (same exhaust as Realtyman...so the sound will basically be the same). As Realtyman mentioned in his original post on his B&B install in order to get the tips to sit up in the rear valance...you need the muffler shop to fab a new small hanger in the rear. If you don't it still looks fine but the tips will be about 1/2"-3/4" lower than what you see in my pics.

Sound is great...no question the car has a V8 now. I wouldn't call it loud...but below 2k RPM it is quite noticable...if you're going to go this route you need to be prepared to give up the quiet cabin that you've grown accustomed to...below 2kRPM. I did have all my resonators installed again...so now my set-up is all stock with the exception of the B&B piece behind the rear resonator

ps-I mentioned in another post that Bavauto.com currently has this piece on sale for $629...about $200 less than B&B direct

I too have a Silver-Gray 545i with reflectors and have ordered a B&B per Realtyman's recommendation. I will print these pics out and give them to my install shop to make sure they replicate the placement of the pipes via a custom hanger. Very excited to see how it comes out...especially soundwise. Can't wait to hear the audio. Parting question: Why does B&B weld the flat bars inside the exit from muffler to pipes. Do you think it is for back pressure or tuning of sound?!?
[/quote]

Here are a couple pics of the bracket in question. It's the rear bracket/hanger closest to your bumper cover if you're looking under the car. Fortunately it's held in by a screw so it's easily removed. One shot is of the factory piece with an arrow to show the direction in which it needs to be shortened. And the other two are pics of the small piece that was fabricated...hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails B&amp;B Exhaust Installed / Pics-545_b_b_exhaust_012__medium_.jpg   B&amp;B Exhaust Installed / Pics-545_b_b_exhaust_017__medium_.jpg   B&amp;B Exhaust Installed / Pics-545_b_b_exhaust_021__medium_.jpg  
Old 12-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Dec 11 2004, 09:54 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Dec 10 2004, 11:36 PM']hey realtyman I cant seem to get your video clip to work it crashes my browser each time I click your link... can you post the direct location of the vid where I download it?
[snapback]67742[/snapback]

http://www.realtyman.com/545i_2.htm
[snapback]67816[/snapback]
[/quote]

From Inside The Car

From Outside The Car

"Sorry: Links are dead - signature link still works, however"
Old 12-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Dec 11 2004, 12:18 AM
[quote name='mcorliss' date='Dec 10 2004, 08:36 PM'][quote name='ch7656' date='Dec 10 2004, 01:52 PM']No sound clips yet...although I will have them posted in a couple days (same exhaust as Realtyman...so the sound will basically be the same). As Realtyman mentioned in his original post on his B&B install in order to get the tips to sit up in the rear valance...you need the muffler shop to fab a new small hanger in the rear. If you don't it still looks fine but the tips will be about 1/2"-3/4" lower than what you see in my pics.

[/quote]

Hey mcorliss,

Who are you going to have do the install?
I found my Receipt from KTR. $189 including the custom mount fabrication.

Interesting that ch7656 also needed a custom mount fabrication.

The "bars" are most likely structural but I wouldn't discount tone in the mix either.

As a note: I had to meet a client of mine today. He had heard the car once before.
When I pulled up today he said "I knew that was you coming".
"You must love driving that thing."
I promptly replied that I can't keep the stupid smile off of my face .

Being a car nut himself, it was with nice to hear him say that it was "...the best sounding car he's heard."

BTW, maybe I should start getting a commission from B&B?
Otherwise, I may start plugging Eisemann?
Billy Boat, are you listening???????
[snapback]67716[/snapback]
[/quote]

Realtyman,

I am considering KTR. I know where they are located and they seem to be very accomodating. Seeing is believing. Therefore, seeing the system on a Silver Gray car like mine has really sold me. Mine is on order (2-3 weeks delivery) from Bavarian Autosport.

As an aside: My car should be going in to the BMW Gallery Autobody shop to rectify the aforementioned "detail shop" incident. The adjuster has been out to view the car. I am curious to hear the price tag on the damage. It has got to be $4K - $5K easily. We are talking new Rt. door, Rt rear fender, right sideskirt, & OEM Type 138 rim (winter rim). At the time of the accident, it was 6 weeks old with 1,800 miles. Ouch! Merry Christmas?!?

Looks like I will be driving a loaner during vacation in two weeks.

By the way, thanks for passing my contact info. to Karen. It is been great to catch up.

Talk to you later.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Dec 11 2004, 09:44 AM
From Inside The Car

From Outside The Car

I hope this helps.
[snapback]67861[/snapback]

Cool! Thanks... those links worked!

VERY NICE!

Ya I dont know why... when I go directly to http://www.realtyman.com/545i_2.htm the vid wont open and it crashes my browser...
Old 12-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Contributors

OK...so what was at first a "bit loud" is now totally addictive...I love this thing...I can only imagine with an SMG or stick it would be that much better. To those contemplating going down this path?I would recommend it?although give it a couple days before you pass final judgment?at first you may be questioning your decision but you will quickly grow to love it. It sounds great, it sounds right?it?s just at first it?s so different than what you?ve grown used to (but in a good way).
Old 12-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Dec 11 2004, 05:47 PM
OK...so what was at first a "bit loud" is now totally addictive...I love this thing...I can only imagine with an SMG or stick it would be that much better. To those contemplating going down this path?I would recommend it?although give it a couple days before you pass final judgment?at first you may be questioning your decision but you will quickly grow to love it. It sounds great, it sounds right?it?s just at first it?s so different than what you?ve grown used to (but in a good way).
[snapback]68019[/snapback]
My thoughts exactly!
Old 12-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Contributors

Realtyman-
You know I don't think it would be that bad with the two smaller resonators removed (leaving the large rear one)...why don't you go ahead and try that and let me know what you think ;-)

Quick Reply: B&B Exhaust Installed / Pics