E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

B&B Exhaust on 545i

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I'm trying to decide which exhaust to get for my 545i, and I'm leaning toward the B&B, based upon various sound clips I've heard. I'd much rather hear it live, so does anybody in the SF bay area have a B&B on their 545i? I'll drive to meet you wherever is convenient for you. Also considering Remus and Einsemann, so if any 545i owners in the bay area have them, I'd love to hear them as well.

I've had the Porsche sport exhaust on my last 2 Carreras (996's) and love it, but for a sedan, I don't want something nearly as loud, but at the same time nice and throaty--something half way between 545i stock and Porsche sport exhaust would be perfect.

Also, any recommendations for a quality muffler install shop, preferably on the peninsula? TIA.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

I finally got my B&B exhaust installed; $170 at Dayton Auto in Sunnyvale (great shop, I use them constantly for things). It does ride a little low as some have reported, I may look into getting that bracket thing installed that some people have done to raise the tips.

It sounds great. Only complaint is that I wish it was a little less loud between 1-2k revs and a little more load > 2k revs, but I still love it.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!
Talking

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='May 13 2005, 07:35 PM
I finally got my B&B exhaust installed; $170 at Dayton Auto in Sunnyvale (great shop, I use them constantly for things). It does ride a little low as some have reported, I may look into getting that bracket thing installed that some people have done to raise the tips.

It sounds great. Only complaint is that I wish it was a little less loud between 1-2k revs and a little more load > 2k revs, but I still love it.
[snapback]128187[/snapback]

Maybe this will help. Mine did too until I had my installer use two shorter rubber hangers instead of the single factory one. It really did the trick and cost about 10 buck for the extra hanger, plus there is no modification of the original connection point so you can easily retrofit the original at the time of sale or lease end.

Hope if works for you the same way it did for me.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by mcorliss' date='May 13 2005, 05:56 PM
[quote name='Merzbow' date='May 13 2005, 07:35 PM']I finally got my B&B exhaust installed; $170 at Dayton Auto in Sunnyvale (great shop, I use them constantly for things). It does ride a little low as some have reported, I may look into getting that bracket thing installed that some people have done to raise the tips.

[snapback]128187[/snapback]

Maybe this will help. Mine did too until I had my installer use two shorter rubber hangers instead of the single factory one. It really did the trick and cost about 10 buck for the extra hanger, plus there is no modification of the original connection point so you can easily retrofit the original at the time of sale or lease end.

Hope if works for you the same way it did for me.
[snapback]128195[/snapback]
[/quote]

This sounds really simple... can I just do this myself in my garage? Where do this hangers come from?