E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Axxis Deluxe Advanced Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dumb question, i've heard that organic pads don't last as long as semi, and also not as good stopping power when the pads get hot, can anyone confirm this? in my opinion i rather have stopping power than no dust.
wouldn't these axxis (PBR/Axxis Metal Master (XBG))work better? thx.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i - Carbon Metallic Black, Black Nasca Leather, Dark Bamboo Trim. Sport auto step w/ paddles, M Sport package (M aero package, M steering wheel, M sport suspension, anthracite roof liner, 18" M135 wheels), Premium package (comfort seats, heated F/R ventilated F seats, Logic 7, PDC.

Originally Posted by MacoBMW4life' post='871093' date='May 7 2009, 09:17 AM
dumb question, i've heard that organic pads don't last as long as semi, and also not as good stopping power when the pads get hot, can anyone confirm this? in my opinion i rather have stopping power than no dust.
wouldn't these axxis (PBR/Axxis Metal Master (XBG))work better? thx.

I thought the same thing. However, I figured I couldn't go wrong by following the experienced crowd of members here - seems like almost everyone switches to the Axxis Deluxe Plus/Advanced pads at some point.

I'm sure you've already checked out the graphs at the Axxis Website - Tech Data

That's what swayed me to the Deluxe Advanced, and not the XBG.

MacoBMW4life, please try the XBG! Perhaps it is a better alternative that no one here has tried/reviewed.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

They work great ! good luck finding them !
Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Members

I just put Akebono pads on about a month ago, put them on both front and back. Yea, they do cost a little more than the Axxis, but I'm VERY pleased with these.

As for the dust.... well, I'll just say this: what's dust?

Seriously, they are SOOO much better than the OEMs. After a few days of working them in, they stop great, no squeeks at all, and there's almost no dust at all. I was cleaning or wiping off my wheels at least once a day with the OEMs, and if I didn't the front wheels look like they are painted black after about a week or so. With the Akebonos, I don't even bother cleaning the wheels at all. Car wash every 2 weeks, and the wheels don't get any dirtier than the rest of the car in that time.

Also the dust that does come off the Akebono pads is brownish in color, not black... so sure if I run my finger on the wheel I'll see the dust, but other than that it's virtually "dustless" to the eye.

Anyway, even though it cost me a little more for them, I would use them again in a heartbeat.

BTW, I got them from Tirerack.com.

Hope this helps...
Old 05-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Members

Oh, and by the way, if you're planning on changing the pads yourself... do yourself a favor and get the sensors ahead of time.

I tried to save mine, but the plastic gets very brittle after time so no matter how careful I was there was no way of salvaging them. By the time I realized this, I had no choice but to make the emergency trip to the dealer for new sensors... $100 CDN later and I was back in business.

If you get them ahead of time they are available all over the net, couple of guys sell them on ebay for $30 for the set (you need 1 in the front right and 1 in the rear left).

Good luck...