E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AXXIS Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am ready to order these pads and called my dealer to see about getting them installed, they said they would do it but they have seen problems with non OEM pads, particuarly the Axxis pads.

I have seen posts that you need to bed your brakes and so on but can anybody speak to any problems they had when putting these pads on. The brake dust on my car is driving me nuts but I dont want to sacrafice safety and performance because of it.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Contributors

I don't have these, but there are a few threads in the mods section about these pads. Most people like them.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I know of a few members that actually have their dealers put these pads on. I did not even want to ask the dealer, I ended up going to a friends shop to have them put in. You could also check member Rudy's TIS gallery for the DIY pdf's if you are pretty handy.

As stated by member DRANGED in another thread: Do you NEED to bed them, no. But SHOULD you bed them, yes.

Performance wise the axxis pads work just as good as the OEM pads, so no worries there. Just get them already.

Order them from trinity autosports as well, pm members trinity autosport or nerweezy..they do have the best price around and customer service is top notch, most of the members here (including myself ordered their axxis pads thru them)

Old 03-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='827229' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:49 AM
I know of a few members that actually have their dealers put these pads on. I did not even want to ask the dealer, I ended up going to a friends shop to have them put in. You could also check member Rudy's TIS gallery for the DIY pdf's if you are pretty handy.

As stated by member DRANGED in another thread: Do you NEED to bed them, no. But SHOULD you bed them, yes.

Performance wise the axxis pads work just as good as the OEM pads, so no worries there. Just get them already.

Order them from trinity autosports as well, pm members trinity autosport or nerweezy..they do have the best price around and customer service is top notch, most of the members here (including myself ordered their axxis pads thru them)

+1 Get the Axxis Deluxe pads from Trinity Autosport, you will love them...and the pads too.

No worries about ruining any of your brake components, the dealership is just covering there butt.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='827238' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:58 AM
+1 Get the Axxis Deluxe pads from Trinity Autosport, you will love them...and the pads too.

No worries about ruining any of your brake components, the dealership is just covering there butt.
do these pads have good stopping power, in cold or when hot?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MacoBMW4life' post='827339' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:35 PM
do these pads have good stopping power, in cold or when hot?
They are about equal to OEM pads but they do require a tiny bit more initial pedal effort. They dust about 98% less than the OEM pads.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I've got them , my dealer installed them and they work brilliantly , I just put 1000 km on during a business trip and they are virtually spotless, I hosed off the wheels and they look new !!
Just get them and bed them in properly !
Old 03-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Members

I love the idea of same stopping power and less dusting.....my question:

Why does BMW use such a pad with so much dust if you dont have to?

Brakes obviously wear away as they are used....trying to understand why some dust more than others when they all have to wear....
Old 03-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SmithsonGA' post='827592' date='Mar 26 2009, 05:51 PM
I love the idea of same stopping power and less dusting.....my question:

Why does BMW use such a pad with so much dust if you dont have to?

Brakes obviously wear away as they are used....trying to understand why some dust more than others when they all have to wear....
OEM pads are softer, provide better braking, are easier on rotors but create a MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DUST. The trade off for better stopping power is DUST. BMW uses the OEM super dusting pads because they provide great stopping power and are easier on rotors.

AXXIS Deluxe pads are a harder compound, wear rotors slightly faster, provide slightly less initial/cold stopping power but are VIRTUALLY DUSTLESS.

The difference in stopping power between the AXXIS Deluxe pads and OEM pads is negligible. The benefit if virtually no dust, for me, is well worth the slight stopping power trade off.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Contributors

stealer is just saving they behind get em and forget about the world you will be fine

Quick Reply: AXXIS Brake Pads