E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Axxess Deluxe Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

it'd be nice if someone made pads that worked as good as oem, but without the dust, and that didnt eat up rotors.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Mmm I think Hawk HPS, Axxis Deluxe, and EBC all meet your requirements.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by turboawd
it'd be nice if someone made pads that worked as good as oem, but without the dust, and that didnt eat up rotors.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Glockz
Did you have your rotors turned or resurfaced prior to installing the pads? I'm curious as I recently purchased my 535i and the pads/rotors were replaced before I took delivery. I've put less the 500miles on the car and wondering if I could get away with just changing out the pads and seating them properly?

Didn't mean to high-jack this thread but I was looking at the Axxis pads and there has been some knowledgeable feedback on this thread.
My rotors had 47k when I changed out pads. I was satisfied with how they looked. I did not notice any unusual wear, gouging, or anything else that I believed was an issue with them, so I just changed out the pads and did nothing else. I'll probably do the full treatment the next time around, but who knows - strictly depends on how the rotors look to me. Some like to do a full change out (Rotors + Pads) every time the pads are worn . There are good arguments for doing so, but personally I've only changed out the rotors on my cars when they need changing.

I'm practical that way. Gives me more money for booze.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

+1 waste of money always changing rotors and brake pads at the same time.

Originally Posted by Victory
My rotors had 47k when I changed out pads. I was satisfied with how they looked. I did not notice any unusual wear, gouging, or anything else that I believed was an issue with them, so I just changed out the pads and did nothing else. I'll probably do the full treatment the next time around, but who knows - strictly depends on how the rotors look to me. Some like to do a full change out (Rotors + Pads) every time the pads are worn . There are good arguments for doing so, but personally I've only changed out the rotors on my cars when they need changing.

I'm practical that way. Gives me more money for booze.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
+1 waste of money always changing rotors and brake pads at the same time.
+1 waste of money change both when rotors are OK
Old 05-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Members

I purchased my pads at Zeckhausen Racing ($63 for the fronts and $47 for the rears).
Did you order the brake wear sensors from Zeckhausen also? They list them as Centec and not BMW OEM sensors.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SmithsonGA
Did you order the brake wear sensors from Zeckhausen also? They list them as Centec and not BMW OEM sensors.
I got my OEM sensors from Tischer (getbmwparts.com).
Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Members

I got my OEM sensors from Tischer (getbmwparts.com).
Thanks. I went ahead and ordered the sensors from Zeckhausen along with the Axxis Deluxe pads. I only need rears and will use this change as a test for when I need front pads.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 M3

Thanks for the input guys! I've had it with all the brake dust so I'll be changing pads very soon.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pinguhk
these sound good I wish I can get them in HK
We can ship these to you in Hong Kong. We have quite a customer base in your country. PM Sent!

Originally Posted by balbs
How do these compare with Hawk HPS pads as far as dust is concerned?

Balbs
The Hawk HPS pads are much more aggressive compound. Excellent bite and it's more of a performance compound. I wasn't too happy with the noise from the HPS pads though. For similar performance and low dust, low noise features - check out the Stoptech Performance Brake Pads.

Yep. 40 to 20 ten times with 1/4mi in between.
This is the most important part.

Laying down that clean transfer layer with the new brake pads is a must if you want vibration-free braking performance.

Originally Posted by turboawd
There are ton of options. Give me a call at (714) 582-3330 x 8004 and I'll be happy to explain them to you.

Originally Posted by Glockz
Thanks for the input guys! I've had it with all the brake dust so I'll be changing pads very soon.
PM Sent!

Quick Reply: Axxess Deluxe Brake Pads