E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux in Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I bought my 550 with an iPod interface that works great - it sees the ipod as the cd changer and cd2 is sort by artist, cd 4 is by genre etc...

I want to add an Aux in though and im wondering if this is the kit i need - Aux Interface Kit

my cars build date is 4/2006, has the professional navigation option and an ipod interface connected. is that cable all i need? I understand i will have to buy a coding cable to enable AUX in my idrive.

I have googled the crap out of this and the information ive found has been all over the place usually ending with "go to the dealer and pay $250 for this upgrade." that s a completely unacceptable answer to a DIY'er like myself

i also found THIS is this the correct piece for my 5'er?

Old 11-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay hoping to help anyone looking with the info I found yesterday

the Aux In adapter, from BMW - is just an audio cable... you can actually make your own several different ways (the factory setup comes with in line resistors but modders have been cutting out the resistors making a stock cable for BETTER QUALITY SOUND ). im going to be cutting an old pair of ipod earbuds off and leaving the plug end for my device - that will help me distinguish L from R. From there you crimp wire pins onto the cables and add them to a specific wire harness already plugged into the back of the iDrive. instructions HERE (im just cutting an existing audio cable not making one like that, i wont be using the resistors)

you need to have the AUX option enabled by a BMW dealer after the install. Im buying a USB -> K+DCAN cable to do that myself too

i have another question, i found information about a BMW ACM, that would let me add tv or an optional video soruce... im not sure if that information is corect,

Are there different versions of the ACM? like one specifically for backup camera, one seprate for TV tuner etc...