E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AUX Installed In PRE-LCI

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUX Installed In PRE-LCI

Whats up brothers just recently got my aux installed and coded from forum member roskinc great sound i used his cable so the capacitor and everything was removed here some pictures of the install i installed it in the glove compartment and sounds really great also got come coding done as well message him if you guys are interested
Attached Thumbnails AUX Installed In PRE-LCI-photo-1.jpg   AUX Installed In PRE-LCI-photo-2.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the 6 cd changer?

I heard that if you have the changer you cannot use it anymore if you do the AUX mod on pre-LCI, i s that true?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nothingbutbmw
Do you have the 6 cd changer?

I heard that if you have the changer you cannot use it anymore if you do the AUX mod on pre-LCI, i s that true?
i have it pre wired but i never bought it because was never fan of cds but i dont really think that is true brotha but i could be wrong maybe someone from the forum can let us know but i highly doubt it
Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

Its was nice meetjng you and glad your enjoying the cable. Lot better being able to listen to your iPhones music! Thanks for the feedback as well.

Far as the CD changer, I haven't personally installed one in a car with the changer, but I've sold cables to people with them and they reported no problems to me on having to loose their changer. Hopefully they can chime in. Far as I know, the cd changer doesn't use the locations you put the AUX pins in but a fiber optic cable instead I believe.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Members

I have a CD changer and ordered the same cable from roskinc. I've installed it - just need to get it coded. i will report back once everything is set up.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:19 AM
Members

Great, if there are no problems i will be ordering one too! the install seems easy enough just have to find a coder in chicago.

Congrats on you AUX btw, my friends cars have it from factory and it is absolutely one of the most used features in the car lol
Old 04-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006

how much dealer charge for coding?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nothingbutbmw
Great, if there are no problems i will be ordering one too! the install seems easy enough just have to find a coder in chicago.

Congrats on you AUX btw, my friends cars have it from factory and it is absolutely one of the most used features in the car lol
I found a guy in Chicago who will do it for $30.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Members

My Ride: e60 520i '04

i install the aux connection here
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 PM
New Members

Extremely interested in doing this. I'm in Chicago, so 540i, it would be great to know the guy's name/contact info. As for the chord and install, how much for all parts? And how difficult is the install? I work very rarely on cars, and even less on electrical, but if it's doable, I'd like to do it myself.

Looking for advice on whether that's something a car rookie would be able to accomplish. Minus the coding

Quick Reply: AUX Installed In PRE-LCI