E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux Input Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received my '05 530 yesterday. The dealer installed the aux input prior to delivery. The AUX shows up on idrive as an option. However, there is no sound when I hook up my iPod. I've done a search and couldn't see where anyone had solved this problem other than a return to the dealer. Anybody out there have any hints?

Other stuff: Comfort seats are great...never had them before, but I will always have them in the future. Satellite radio reception (under bridges, etc...) has greatly improved since my '03 M3.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I don't have one so I'm not speaking from any first-hand experience but as long as you're hooking up the iPod correctly (and I assume you are), it's likely that the dealer didn't do something right with the aux install.

As far as the sat radio reception, depending on where you live, Sirius may have added a terrestrial antenna in your area which will allow recption in areas where you don't have a line-of-sight to the heavens.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Originally Posted by sharpgator' date='Mar 10 2005, 08:50 AM
I just received my '05 530 yesterday.? The dealer installed the aux input prior to delivery.? The AUX shows up on idrive as an option.? However, there is no sound when I hook up my iPod.? I've done a search and couldn't see where anyone had solved this problem other than a return to the dealer.? Anybody out there have any hints?

[snapback]99552[/snapback]
1) Try putting the volume up to about 80% on the ipod.
2) Make sure you have a stereo cord
3) Try another audio source (to make sure it's the connection and not the Ipod.)
4) Take it back to the dealer

I had mine installed and the sound came from only from one side. The dealer didn't install the wires correctly. This might be the culprit. Good luck.

Teriyaki
Old 03-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

So far all the Aux Input issues with no sound at all or extremely low level compared to other sources have been incorrect install by dealer. Return to dealer necessary. For some it was even two trips.

Fortunately, mine worked first time. Also, after I initially reported a discernable lower level on Aux compared to other audio sources I realized I was using a mono mini jack, vice a stereo jack. I located the proper stereo mini jack and the level is so close now I do not make any adjustments when switching. However I do have to ensure the volume on my Samsung YP910 player is at max for this to be true.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, Titanium grey/Black, Automatic, Sport, Premium, Nav, HUD, Aux input, 35% tint all around.

My dealership botched the first try and determined that the wiring diagram and instructions from BMW were wrong! Who knows but they switched a wire and had it working perfectly the next day.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Yep, I am going through the same issue Sharpgator.

Buzzeroo, would you be able to confirm that the diagram would be wrong, if so, I would like to contact your dealer to talk to mine doing the install.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Contributors

Just got a call from the Dealer, Buzzeroo was right, and credit to FlowerFred also, the wiring diagram that they were using was wrong, and BMWNA knows about it, but some dealers don't. Mine goes back in on Monday to get it fixed.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Contributors

It's working. Yeah Baby.

Info from Dealer printout:

I POD WAS INSTALLED AND IS INOP (name) SUBMITTED PUMA CASE
WIRING DIAGRAM IS INCORRECT SEE (name) FOR SPECS
REWIRED AUX CONNECTION IN TO RADIO

They also mentioned that the bulletin had not been updated on the Dealer network (US only to my knowledge) so if other dealers are not aware, they would pull the same bulletin off and incorrectly wire it.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Guest_GarryF_*

When I had it done it told the dealer that it was being fitted wrong a lot, after install the guy said he could see why, something to do with having a plug that looks like it just slots in the back but the actual wiring is wrong on it.

So installer will just assume plug fits where it should go but it doesn't
Old 03-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530 (1/05 Production), Nav, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Steptronic, Sat Radio, LoJack

Could you advise what the part number is for the aux input on the 2005 E60? I asked my dealer and they advised it wasn't available.

Quick Reply: Aux Input Suggestions?