E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux Input installed in L.A. County!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Dec 21 2004, 01:21 AM
Finally, I've got MP3s via the auxillary input.? It's been an eight month wait since I've had my car, and a two month wait since I've had the part.? I first took my car to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach who kept for it a day, let me pay for a rental car and then told me that it couldn't be done.? Then I took it to South Bay BMW who said it cannot be done.? Next, I took it to an independent in Glendale called Avus, they kept it for a day, let me pay for a rental car and then said it couldn't done.? As a last resort I took it to Nick Alexander BMW in Los Angeles and they figuired it out.? I feel like I've just been musically freed from the constant changing of CDs.? I'm ready for a long road trip right now.? Of course, now I've got this burning desire to get the Navwithtv video module installed.? We'll see how that goes.
[snapback]71041[/snapback]

Who's your service rep.? How did you like the service at Nick?

Thanks
Old 12-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bstuff' date='Dec 22 2004, 09:27 PM
[quote name='redondoman' date='Dec 21 2004, 01:21 AM']Finally, I've got MP3s via the auxillary input.? It's been an eight month wait since I've had my car, and a two month wait since I've had the part.? I first took my car to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach who kept for it a day, let me pay for a rental car and then told me that it couldn't be done.?? Then I took it to South Bay BMW who said it cannot be done.? Next, I took it to an independent in Glendale called Avus, they kept it for a day, let me pay for a rental car and then said it couldn't done.?? As a last resort I took it to Nick Alexander BMW in Los Angeles and they figuired it out.?? I feel like I've just been musically freed from the constant changing of CDs.? I'm ready for a long road trip right now.?? Of course, now I've got this burning desire to get the Navwithtv video module installed.? We'll see how that goes.

Thanks
[snapback]71687[/snapback]
[/quote]

The service rep's name was Chad, a very helpful positive "can do attitude" type of guy. I've never used their service before, but based on my experiences with other dealers I'd rate them a 5 out of 5 regarding this install.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, Titanium grey/Black, Automatic, Sport, Premium, Nav, HUD, Aux input, 35% tint all around.

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Dec 22 2004, 09:13 PM
[quote name='bstuff' date='Dec 22 2004, 09:27 PM'][quote name='redondoman' date='Dec 21 2004, 01:21 AM']Finally, I've got MP3s via the auxillary input.? It's been an eight month wait since I've had my car, and a two month wait since I've had the part.? I first took my car to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach who kept for it a day, let me pay for a rental car and then told me that it couldn't be done.? Then I took it to South Bay BMW who said it cannot be done.? Next, I took it to an independent in Glendale called Avus, they kept it for a day, let me pay for a rental car and then said it couldn't done.? As a last resort I took it to Nick Alexander BMW in Los Angeles and they figuired it out.? I feel like I've just been musically freed from the constant changing of CDs.? I'm ready for a long road trip right now.? Of course, now I've got this burning desire to get the Navwithtv video module installed.? We'll see how that goes.

Thanks
[/quote]

The service rep's name was Chad, a very helpful positive "can do attitude" type of guy. I've never used their service before, but based on my experiences with other dealers I'd rate them a 5 out of 5 regarding this install.
[snapback]71692[/snapback]
[/quote]

Redondoman,

Where did they put the line out? On the passenger side? Are you happy with the placement? Any better place for it? Any other suggestions to smooth the install process??? Did they have to update you entire software version? if so to what? I have no idea what version I have.... (7/04 build so probably ver 11.x).
Old 12-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by buzzeroo' date='Dec 23 2004, 09:39 AM
[quote name='redondoman' date='Dec 22 2004, 09:13 PM'][quote name='bstuff' date='Dec 22 2004, 09:27 PM'][quote name='redondoman' date='Dec 21 2004, 01:21 AM']Finally, I've got MP3s via the auxillary input.? It's been an eight month wait since I've had my car, and a two month wait since I've had the part.? I first took my car to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach who kept for it a day, let me pay for a rental car and then told me that it couldn't be done.?? Then I took it to South Bay BMW who said it cannot be done.? Next, I took it to an independent in Glendale called Avus, they kept it for a day, let me pay for a rental car and then said it couldn't done.?? As a last resort I took it to Nick Alexander BMW in Los Angeles and they figuired it out.?? I feel like I've just been musically freed from the constant changing of CDs.? I'm ready for a long road trip right now.?? Of course, now I've got this burning desire to get the Navwithtv video module installed.? We'll see how that goes.

Thanks
[/quote]

[snapback]71692[/snapback]
[/quote]

Redondoman,

Where did they put the line out? On the passenger side? Are you happy with the placement? Any better place for it? Any other suggestions to smooth the install process??? Did they have to update you entire software version? if so to what? I have no idea what version I have.... (7/04 build so probably ver 11.x).
[snapback]71844[/snapback]
[/quote]

They put the input in the glovebox, which is fine since you need to have an 1/8" male stereo cable to 1/8" male stereo cable anyway. I don't have Nav so I let my Ipod rest right under the open space below the the CD player. I had software version 13.3 and that is what they reinitialized it with again.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Damn - this is SO AWESOME! I wish my dealer had the nuts to try this. They keep telling me it's against the FCC, "Not approved".

Ugh... Myabe I can drive up to Minnesota some snowy morning!?!
Old 12-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Dec 31 2004, 03:41 AM
They keep telling me it's against the FCC, "Not approved".?
[snapback]73950[/snapback]

I thought I've heard everything from dealers allready, but THAT I haven't heard until now...