E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux Input installed in L.A. County!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004 | 10:21 PM
Members

Finally, I've got MP3s via the auxillary input. It's been an eight month wait since I've had my car, and a two month wait since I've had the part. I first took my car to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach who kept for it a day, let me pay for a rental car and then told me that it couldn't be done. Then I took it to South Bay BMW who said it cannot be done. Next, I took it to an independent in Glendale called Avus, they kept it for a day, let me pay for a rental car and then said it couldn't done. As a last resort I took it to Nick Alexander BMW in Los Angeles and they figuired it out. I feel like I've just been musically freed from the constant changing of CDs. I'm ready for a long road trip right now. Of course, now I've got this burning desire to get the Navwithtv video module installed. We'll see how that goes.
Old 12-21-2004 | 07:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Dec 21 2004, 02:21 AM
Finally, I've got MP3s via the auxillary input.? It's been an eight month wait since I've had my car, and a two month wait since I've had the part.? I first took my car to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach who kept for it a day, let me pay for a rental car and then told me that it couldn't be done.? Then I took it to South Bay BMW who said it cannot be done.? Next, I took it to an independent in Glendale called Avus, they kept it for a day, let me pay for a rental car and then said it couldn't done.? As a last resort I took it to Nick Alexander BMW in Los Angeles and they figuired it out.? I feel like I've just been musically freed from the constant changing of CDs.? I'm ready for a long road trip right now.? Of course, now I've got this burning desire to get the Navwithtv video module installed.? We'll see how that goes.
[snapback]71041[/snapback]

Awesome!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Is there a contact at Nick Alexander that my dealer could speak with? They may be willing, now that someone has been able to do it.
Old 12-21-2004 | 08:04 AM
Members

The shop foreman did the install, I did not catch his name. If your dealer is adamant about not doing it try taking it to another one.
Old 12-21-2004 | 02:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

I had the Aux In installed last week at my dealer. Special thanks to Jeremy at Calgary BMW. Works fine with software version 13.3. It took about 3 to 4 hours to do the physical install (it was the first one done here) and another three to four hours to clear the faults out of the car.

Connected my ipod to it and it works great. It can be done following the instructions from BMW AG despite what some people at the dealerships are telling you.
Old 12-21-2004 | 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, ademitt !
Old 12-21-2004 | 02:50 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, ademitt !
Old 12-21-2004 | 02:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Dec 21 2004, 05:50 PM
welcome aboard, ademitt !
[snapback]71287[/snapback]
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Great Board and well informed members. I look forward to being a part of the intenrational community here.

Iceman, thanks for your research and posting of answers on the AUX in. It was your information that helped me arrange the install in my car.
Old 12-22-2004 | 04:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, Titanium grey/Black, Automatic, Sport, Premium, Nav, HUD, Aux input, 35% tint all around.

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Dec 21 2004, 12:21 AM
Finally, I've got MP3s via the auxillary input.? It's been an eight month wait since I've had my car, and a two month wait since I've had the part.? I first took my car to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach who kept for it a day, let me pay for a rental car and then told me that it couldn't be done.? Then I took it to South Bay BMW who said it cannot be done.? Next, I took it to an independent in Glendale called Avus, they kept it for a day, let me pay for a rental car and then said it couldn't done.? As a last resort I took it to Nick Alexander BMW in Los Angeles and they figuired it out.? I feel like I've just been musically freed from the constant changing of CDs.? I'm ready for a long road trip right now.? Of course, now I've got this burning desire to get the Navwithtv video module installed.? We'll see how that goes.
Redondoman,

Great news on the sucessful install! I'll be scheduling an appointment right after christmas.

How much did they charge for labor? And how long did it take them to install? Did you provide them with the install instructions or were they able to figure it out on their own??

Thanks for being a pioneer to the SOCAL crew. Nick Alexander is going to get busy quick!!
Old 12-22-2004 | 04:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Titanium Silver/Black, Sport, Premium, L7, Cold

I'll be getting my aux input done in the next couple of weeks. The dealer quoted me $250 ($40 part, 2 hrs labor).
Old 12-22-2004 | 05:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by buzzeroo' date='Dec 22 2004, 07:05 PM
[quote name='redondoman' date='Dec 21 2004, 12:21 AM']Finally, I've got MP3s via the auxillary input.? It's been an eight month wait since I've had my car, and a two month wait since I've had the part.? I first took my car to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach who kept for it a day, let me pay for a rental car and then told me that it couldn't be done.?? Then I took it to South Bay BMW who said it cannot be done.? Next, I took it to an independent in Glendale called Avus, they kept it for a day, let me pay for a rental car and then said it couldn't done.?? As a last resort I took it to Nick Alexander BMW in Los Angeles and they figuired it out.?? I feel like I've just been musically freed from the constant changing of CDs.? I'm ready for a long road trip right now.?? Of course, now I've got this burning desire to get the Navwithtv video module installed.? We'll see how that goes.
Redondoman,

Great news on the sucessful install! I'll be scheduling an appointment right after christmas.

How much did they charge for labor? And how long did it take them to install? Did you provide them with the install instructions or were they able to figure it out on their own??

Thanks for being a pioneer to the SOCAL crew. Nick Alexander is going to get busy quick!!
[snapback]71643[/snapback]
[/quote]

Two hours of labor for $204. They had the car for two days. I brought the instructions. I had purchased the part a few months ago from South Bay BMW for $77+tax.

Quick Reply: Aux Input installed in L.A. County!!!