E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux Input cable installed but No Sound, Pls help...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60, 520I, 2100 CC, Silver and Light Grey leather Interior, No Factory option, Standard I drive and audio system, 16' Alloy Wheels, Aux Input installed Jan 06. More Audio/Video Mods coming soon

Hi, My name is David. I live in Indonesia and I have a 2004 E60, 520i with standard audio system and no Sat Nav.
I have just installed the Aux Audio input cable at my dealer that cost me $125 including installation cost and reprogram the computer to be version 19.1.
The problem is there is no sound when I plug in my MP3 player or any other audio source (Notebook computer, Portable TV and Radio, etc).
The Idrive display seems to work fine and the AUX Audio icon is displayed in the monitor.
I can also assure you that I bought the correct stereo Mini headphone plug cables for my MP3 player.

Is there anyone that can help me?
Any idea why? Or should I have to go back to the dealer? Do you have any experience on this problem?
Do I have to modify anything?
I really need your help on this.

Thanks and brgds,
David.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by David Rusli' post='216564' date='Dec 28 2005, 09:41 PM
Hi, My name is David. I live in Indonesia and I have a 2004 E60, 520i with standard audio system and no Sat Nav.
I have just installed the Aux Audio input cable at my dealer that cost me $125 including installation cost and reprogram the computer to be version 19.1.
The problem is there is no sound when I plug in my MP3 player or any other audio source (Notebook computer, Portable TV and Radio, etc).
The Idrive display seems to work fine and the AUX Audio icon is displayed in the monitor.
I can also assure you that I bought the correct stereo Mini headphone plug cables for my MP3 player.

Any idea why? Or should I have to go back to the dealer? Do you have any experience on this problem?

Thanks and brgds,
David.
David - if you had the dealer install the aux input...you should most def go back to them. You dont want to void your warranty playing around with this stuff. I think they do need to program idrive and enable the aux input option on idrive..do a search and you will find many posts on this topic. good luck! are you in jakarta?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Posting the same question more than once really doesn't help you get an answer--it just confuses people (me at least ) as to whether they've already responded to your question, like I did to your post this morning:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=18360&hl=
Old 12-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60, 520I, 2100 CC, Silver and Light Grey leather Interior, No Factory option, Standard I drive and audio system, 16' Alloy Wheels, Aux Input installed Jan 06. More Audio/Video Mods coming soon

Hi Forwardslash,

Yes, I'm in Jakarta. Have you been here?
Sorry, this is the first time I use this forum and still learning.
About the installation, I will go back to the dealer and see what they will do to it.
It is actually a simple installation but it is also such a headache as it took a long time and have to return my car to them

Brgds,
Dave

Originally Posted by forwardslash' post='216579

Thanks and brgds,
David.
David - if you had the dealer install the aux input...you should most def go back to them. You dont want to void your warranty playing around with this stuff. I think they do need to program idrive and enable the aux input option on idrive..do a search and you will find many posts on this topic. good luck! are you in jakarta?
[/quote]
Old 12-29-2005, 01:57 AM
Members

David - I have been to Jakarta and I loved it. Been down Jamal Jaxa, the Jaya Pub and the Pool Hall in the shopping centre?? My mate got married there. Wouldnt fancy driving my e60 through that traffic though!!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Members

Hi Davedunn,

Happy New Year to you!!.

Sorry for my late reply. I had too much partying.

What you mean is Jalan Jaksa or Judge Road in English and yes, It would not be a good idea to drive the E60 in this kind of traffic but I leave in the outskirt of Jakarta and I need a comfortable and not mention a Fancy car like my E60.
I do not see a need to purchase a 530 or higher model as it would be just a waste of gas and money.

The problem with my 520 since I bought it November 2004 is that it consumed too much Oil. Almost every 2 months the Oil warning lights came on and just last December the shop have to replace all the front Wishbone, some parts of the steering rack and some front suspension bushings due to unsteady movement of the car and the vibration of the streering rack.
Have you have problem like this?

Talking about the Aux Audio input cable, I have'nt got the time to go back to the dealer to fix the problem but I noticed in some posts here that I need to check the cables and may need to move some cables from the jack. Is this correct?

Brgds,
David

Originally Posted by DaveDunn' post='216713' date='Dec 29 2005, 05:57 PM
David - I have been to Jakarta and I loved it. Been down Jamal Jaxa, the Jaya Pub and the Pool Hall in the shopping centre?? My mate got married there. Wouldnt fancy driving my e60 through that traffic though!!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:21 AM
nmc
Members

My Ride: On order 530D Platinum Bronze/Natural Brown Comfort seats,sunroof,PDC, Nav pro,Aux In,Xenons, Alarm, tinted glass. ETD 27.06.07

Originally Posted by David Rusli' post='216564' date='Dec 29 2005, 03:41 AM

Thanks and brgds,
David.
I had exactly the same problem. Took the advice from the forum and took the car back to the dealer. I told them they had got their wires crossed. They had, and two hours later all worked well.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Members

Hi NMC,

Thanks for sharing.

Could you pls help me by explaining how to check the wires? I'm sure I had the same problem as yours but I doubt my dealer here in Indonesia knows how to do it.
My technical skill is also not good.

I understand there are only 3 wires. Pls explain to me how to correct them.

Thanks a lot and happy New Year to you.

Brgds,
David

Originally Posted by nmc' post='218595

Thanks and brgds,
David.
I had exactly the same problem. Took the advice from the forum and took the car back to the dealer. I told them they had got their wires crossed. They had, and two hours later all worked well.
[/quote]
Old 01-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by David Rusli' post='218660
Originally Posted by David Rusli' post='216564' date='Dec 29 2005, 03:41 AM

Thanks and brgds,
David.
[/quote]

Answer in this post:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&showtop...ndpost&p=197204