E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux Input

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Just got the Aux Input installed this week. I'm using a Samsung YP-T7Z MP3 player. Even with the volume all the way up it is still very quiet. I found some line level devices for the iPod but I'm thinking that they probably won't work with what I have. Does anyone out there know if there is a line level device that is not product specific? (Samsung doesn't appear to have one).
Old 05-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='May 6 2005, 10:47 AM
Just got the Aux Input installed this week.? I'm using a Samsung YP-T7Z MP3 player.? Even with the volume all the way up it is still very quiet.? I found some line level devices for the iPod but I'm thinking that they probably won't work with what I have.? Does anyone out there know if there is a line level device that is not product specific? (Samsung doesn't appear to have one).
[snapback]124998[/snapback]

That's weird. I have aux input on my Z4 and the leve is adequate coming from my Ipod. Have you tried a diff Mp3 player?
Old 05-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Members

get the real deal (iPod).... I have an iPod with the pocketdock line out, and it sounds awesome through the aux input.....
Old 05-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='May 6 2005, 11:47 AM
Just got the Aux Input installed this week.? I'm using a Samsung YP-T7Z MP3 player.? Even with the volume all the way up it is still very quiet.? I found some line level devices for the iPod but I'm thinking that they probably won't work with what I have.? Does anyone out there know if there is a line level device that is not product specific? (Samsung doesn't appear to have one).
[snapback]124998[/snapback]
I am using Samsung YP-920 with no problem. It is very nearly the same level as CD/FM. I use a cassette tape as well that is slightly lower in level at max volume. I can make both so loud they are uncomfortable. Both of these devices are non-line out (headset output w/volume control). If u can try other devices and all appear so very low u may have a bad install (loose connector, etc). If others devices ok, u may have to do what u are suggesting
Old 05-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

have the aux input installed also. No sound. just nothing. I have the prof navi
Old 05-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I had the same problem and actually a lot of ppl too.
In my case it was a simple "do-it-again" software upload, something went wrong during the process... But in other cases they found out, that there was a mistake in the documentation, so they installed it wrong.
Anyways, it can be corrected. Just bring it back to the dealer.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='May 8 2005, 11:43 AM
I had the same problem and actually a lot of ppl too.
In my case it was a simple "do-it-again" software upload, something went wrong during the process... But in other cases they found out, that there was a mistake in the documentation, so they installed it wrong.
Anyways, it can be corrected. Just bring it back to the dealer.
[snapback]125826[/snapback]
Don't the #$&#$ dealers test the thing before they hand the car back to the customer? Deplorable. It's specifically outlined in the BMW installation document for the aux input how to test it at the end. I know that when I drop my E60 off to get this thing installed I'm going to make it loud and clear that the car isn't leaving the service bay until it's working... I'll even buy a cheap walkman with a male-to-male headphone out cable to leave in the car to make it easier for them.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='May 8 2005, 09:38 PM
Don't the #$&#$ dealers test the thing before they hand the car back to the customer? Deplorable. It's specifically outlined in the BMW installation document for the aux input how to test it at the end. I know that when I drop my E60 off to get this thing installed I'm going to make it loud and clear that the car isn't leaving the service bay until it's working... I'll even buy a cheap walkman with a male-to-male headphone out cable to leave in the car to make it easier for them.
[snapback]125844[/snapback]

I asked my dealer if they tested it, and he said yes. But I found out, that they can't test it. They have no device and no cable to connect a device to it. All they do is, they check if it shows up in idrive and if they are able to select it. But you can't tell if the silence you then ear is because there is no device connected, or if the silence you hear means there is a problem...
Old 05-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='May 8 2005, 09:38 PM
I'll even buy a cheap walkman with a male-to-male headphone out cable to leave in the car to make it easier for them.
I left a cd player with disc and cable for them the second time around.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='May 8 2005, 02:13 PM
[quote name='Merzbow' date='May 8 2005, 09:38 PM']I'll even buy a cheap walkman with a male-to-male headphone out cable to leave in the car to make it easier for them.
I left a cd player with disc and cable for them the second time around.
[snapback]125874[/snapback]
[/quote]

You know, the iDrive is great and everything as an interface, but from a maintenance standpoint, it's a nightmare. The era of the independent repair shop is essentially over when you need mechanics with specialized computer equipment and software updates to even touch these cars. I'd give up the benefits of a computerized vehicle in a heartbeat for the freedom not to be the slave of the dealer. Not to mention the slave of random software bugs/EPROM corruption that introduce problems that are frequently unsolvable and require buyback of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Aux Input