E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: Do you guys like the idea of lighting up the LCI Rods, Angle eyes, eyebrows, Licence plate lights wh
I want to light up all the lights (Parking light mode)
66.67%
I want to light up only the angle eyes (Wire the Angel eyes connecting the courtesy lights)
29.17%
I would like to stay stock and suck it up
4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Automatic turn on of eyebrows, halos and LCI rods on locking\unlocking

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Guys,
I am not sure if this is done before but had a certian setup in mind.
I want to wire a relay to turn on the park light.

The relay would be powered with the courtesy light (+) and (-) and the circuit feed to the relay will be from and to the light switch.
In simple words -- When the car is locked \ Un locked it will close the circuit to the parking lights (Automaticly turn on the parking lights like someone turned the light knob one time to the RIGHT. So this will cause the following to turn on when the car is locked\Unlocked\Doors Opened\Doors Closed.

1. Halo Rings
2. Eyebrows
3. The LCI brake light rods
4. The licience plate lights
5. Internal instrument lights

They would stay on until the courtesy light is on but will not have the fade effect.

It would be a simple internal mod(Inside the cabin).
Dont have to dig into the engine or anything for this. Just tap into 4 wires two of which are visible in 5 seconds(the courtesty light)

PS: The wiring diagram to the light switch will greatly help since It will save me some time hunting around with my multimeter.
Attached is a picture of the light switch.

All help appreciated my fellow members.
Attached Thumbnails Automatic turn on of eyebrows, halos and LCI rods on locking\unlocking-61318353508.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i M Sport 2005

iv also looked into this today, iv had my light unit out. i wanted to put a relay on the interior light and on the side light switch so when then car unlocked the lights come on for aslong as the interior light. my light unit dint look like your switch i have a 530i m sport, and my switch was a POT think it works on resistance.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Member nigxdoof has done a similar mod. Check the DIY section for this mod. GL.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

I don't mind if its just the angel eyes or all the lights - just want the easiest way
Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by AKAlius
Member nigxdoof has done a similar mod. Check the DIY section for this mod. GL.
I believe the one nigxdoof has is he wired all the way to the angle eyes then wired all the way to the tail. You wont even have to open the hood or anyting, it would all be taken care of in the cabin.

My idea needs only 1 feet of wire and 4 connections (I assume)
2 will power the relay
1 will be from the switch
1 will be back to the switch.

Will get to the depth of this, if anyone could give me the wirring for the headlight switch it would be easy to me, otherwise as I said I would have to hunt with a multimeter.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I don't recall the light switch for E60 even look like the one in your pic... AFAIK the front & tail lights on our car is controlled by LCM (A3 in the diagram attached) and the light switch talk via CAN bus signal to the LCM ... I doubt we can tap a simple relay to the light switch (at least not from the last time I worked on it) the same reason why member nigxdoof wired to the lights directly.

GL!

Automatic turn on of eyebrows, halos and LCI rods on locking\unlocking-lightsw-diagram.png

Originally Posted by theracerboss
I believe the one nigxdoof has is he wired all the way to the angle eyes then wired all the way to the tail. You wont even have to open the hood or anyting, it would all be taken care of in the cabin.

My idea needs only 1 feet of wire and 4 connections (I assume)
2 will power the relay
1 will be from the switch
1 will be back to the switch.

Will get to the depth of this, if anyone could give me the wirring for the headlight switch it would be easy to me, otherwise as I said I would have to hunt with a multimeter.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Welcome light function does the same thing.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Except for the cluster.

But yes, getting the cable and software to code it would seem more ideal.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Welcome light function lights up :-

Eyebrows
Angel eyes
Registration plate lights
Interior lights
Instrument cluster lights

I know as I have enabled it on my car.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i M Sport 2005

how much does it cost to get the welcome light function?

Quick Reply: Automatic turn on of eyebrows, halos and LCI rods on locking\unlocking