E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AutoDAB DAB add on unit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d Remapped 292BHP

Video is now live.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:35 AM
New Members

hi Guys

just thought i`d join and introduce myself, my name is stuart and i work for the company that produces the Autodab product (connect2) so if you have any questions on how it works or anything car audio related just give me a shout and i`ll try and help you out as best i can.

cheers

Stu
Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Stu,

Any chance of a Group Buy?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i E61 LCI auto, pro media, memory seats , pano roof, power fold mirrors, extended interior light pack, visibility pack, sun protect windows, 172 spiders.

Is there any way to use the BMW diversity amp and an OEM aerial?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:12 AM
New Members

hi bruce

if you would like to contact me on stuart.jones@connects2.com we can go through what you require.

cheers

Stu
Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Members

Hi

I was thinking of installing the autodab for my E60

This is for for Stu or possibly anyone else who could help me out with a few queries
1. For better reception , would you recomend any other aerial , for example , in terms of signal strength/ reception

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/connects-2...connector.html
or
http://www.raysmith.co.uk/hal1-jvc-c...b-antenna.html

2.As this is a relatively new product, from the feedback that you have been getting, would you recomend any additional piece of equipment or any add on to improve signal strenth or quality

In terms of signal strenth , is there any difference in terms of quality if the aerial that is supplied in the kit is fitted on the top of the windscreen( just near the mirror) as compared to the passenger side of the windscreen (demonstrated and recomended by connects2)
Reason being , as its on the side, it can still be seen from the outside and prove an attraction / curiosity to thieves to look inside and see whats in the car. as well as aesthetics
If its on top of the windscreen, near or just below the screen , its less conspicous

4. A more open question !
what has the feedback been like?
What are the common complaints/ pitfalls during installation ( apart from it being close to the airbags and requiring professional installation)
Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Members

Hi Stu

1. For better reception , would you recomend any other aerial , for example , in terms of signal strength/ reception

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/connects-2...connector.html
or
http://www.raysmith.co.uk/hal1-jvc-c...b-antenna.html

2.As this is a relatively new product, from the feedback that you have been getting, would you recomend any additional piece of equipment or any add on to improve signal strenth or quality

In terms of signal strenth , is there any difference in terms of quality if the aerial that is supplied in the kit is fitted on the top of the windscreen( just near the mirror) as compared to the passenger side of the windscreen (demonstrated and recomended by connects2)
Reason being , as its on the side, it can still be seen from the outside and prove an attraction / curiosity to thieves to look inside and see whats in the car. as well as aesthetics
If its on top of the windscreen, near or just below the screen , its less conspicous

4. A more open question !
what has the feedback been like?
What are the common complaints/ pitfalls during installation ( apart from it being close to the airbags and requiring professional installation)

5.Personal question
Do you personally recomend any installers in the Birmingham/ Walsall/ Sutton Coldfield area.
I was speaking to the Halfords guy in Cannock. He told me that they had a presentation from Connects2 but no information on Installation and that they had never fitted one..... yet.
I dont want to be their first guinea pig !!

Thanks
Sal
Old 05-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Members

If your looking for better signal strength don't bother with any internal glass mount aerial, get an external mag mount for the roof.

I've not added any add ons except for an aerial.

Fitting is easy, disconnect the battery and you shouldn't have any problems with the air bag. Remember to feed any wires behind the bag and not in front. Or unplug anything.

The only problems I've had is reception but that down to my area and the text display is a little slow but that might be the car as it apears to work fine on other makes.

If you do want/need an installer please use a proper audio center, they are more likely to have worked on modern BMW and know not to unplug anything without disconnecting the battery first.

The autodab is a good little unit thats far cheaper than a full retro fit.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Members

Thanks for the reply
The autodab works by transmitting as an fm signal - rds. how is the sound quality? is it the same as FM or better quality
how does the sound quality compare to a retrofit?
cheers
Old 05-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Members

If i turn it up loud you can hear a little static, might need the wires adjusting.
Its not noticeably unless there is silence on the station.

There is another add on on the market i found last night.
http://www.celsusice.co.uk/shopdisp_6005.php also check out somewhere l like "dab on wheels"

Quick Reply: AutoDAB DAB add on unit.