E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

(Aus) M-Ask to CIC Retrofit 2004 525i M Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:01 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW e60 525i M-Sport
Default (Aus) M-Ask to CIC Retrofit 2004 525i M Sport

I know this has been posted about before Im sorry for going back over old ground but I cant find exactly what i need just bits and pieces so hopefully this can help me out.

What I have:
Australian delivered 2004 E60 525i M Sport w/ M-ask business nav.

What I want:
CIC retrofit (Hardware Activated Nav, Voice Control, Video in Motion)
Navigation (Australian Maps)
Aux input
Ability to connect 2TB external hard drive full of music and movies controllable by the iDrive (if not possible then an external media hard drive)
Monitors in each headrest that can take a video out feed from the CIC monitor and also from a seperate DVD player
Amp and sub in the boot for more bass
Ability to connect up my current reversing camera

I just want to know exactly what I need to achieve that and what its going to cost and where is the best place to purchase all of the CIC retrofit equipment, after looking at lots of posts Patryk seems like the go to guy for this so I think ill probably end up getting it through him. And lastly I read that when you do the retrofit it messes with the sound system quality and you have to fit in an amp and do some coding, whats the best solution for this as well.

Thanks in advance and again sorry for going back over this again I just want to have a price set to aim for so i can start getting the money together and i dont want to mess it up considering its a fair bit of money for someone whos in an apprenticeship

Last edited by Rytan; 07-03-2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Adding Information
Old 07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
New Members

Subscribed to this thread

I'm also considering doing the same with my 04 525i (with CCC Pro Nav), and I'm located in Sydney.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 PM
New Members

Also want to know if my 6 stacker will be compatible with the cic.

Yeah apparently there's a place caller bimmernav Australia over in currumbin valley QLD who are a dealer for bimmertech, wondering if it'd be worth giving them a call and see what they have to say. Only thing is their prices seem way higher than bimmerretrofit :/ doesn't look like to many people in Aus have done this, if you find out anymore or start doing the retrofit let me know id love to see your progress and the end result
Old 07-06-2013, 12:01 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Rytan
Also want to know if my 6 stacker will be compatible with the cic.

Yeah apparently there's a place caller bimmernav Australia over in currumbin valley QLD who are a dealer for bimmertech, wondering if it'd be worth giving them a call and see what they have to say. Only thing is their prices seem way higher than bimmerretrofit :/ doesn't look like to many people in Aus have done this, if you find out anymore or start doing the retrofit let me know id love to see your progress and the end result
i'm thinking of upgrading my entire system before i upgrade to the cic

the ccc is good, but its slowwwww

still need to do a few other mods before the cic, but it will definitely be on the list of things of things i need to do!

going back to topic, despite the cost of shipping from US --> AUD increasing in recent weeks on top of the fall in the AUD/USD, i think it will still work out cheaper if we source the parts from overseas (Europe/US) and ship them here.

I'll keep you in the loop if I end up purchasing the CIC earlier!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:55 AM
New Members

After having a chat with forum member nelson29 who was a big help ive found that I can't get all the functionality I wanted with the cic retrofit so I'm backbenching this project for a while, going to invest in a xcarlink idrive multimedia interface to get me by for a while, and invest the money in headrest monitors and an upgraded sound system and a motorbike and come back to it later on down the track. Moderators feel free to close the thread if you want.