E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Audio Experts Unite!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello all, ok so I used to have an audiocontrole unit installed on my e60 for my aftermarket sound system. To make a long story short it sounded like Sh#t and was blowing out focal speakers left and right. My shop just finished installing a cleensweep and it sound around 300% better ................ Theres just one problem. The warning system, you know the bling BLING sound, is out of controle with the cleen sweep installed and my shop does not know how to lower the volume of it.. It sounds like its gonna blow my speakers out lol... So if anyone knows how to turn down the volume of the ring or know what to do please let me know!!!!
Thanks in advance all .... PEACE
Old 02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

Really? You noticed a difference with the Cleansweep? I hooked one up to see if it would make any difference in my car and it didn't seem like it did anything so I decided not to get it. Not too mention you loose your radio controls on the steering wheel which I thought sucked. Where did you mount the new volume control?

Anyway, I don't really know what to say about the ding. Doesn't it only come out from the speaker underneath the steering wheel? You could try disconnecting that speaker to see what happens, although several people have advised against this I think. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Hmm They way the shop hooked it up I can still use my steering wheel volume controle..... but the warning ring sound is definantly coming out of all the speakers in my car.... weird...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

Did they finally change the cleansweep then? Before you lost all of your normal volume controls and you had to use the one that comes with the cleansweep.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

When you install a CleanSweep, you have a couple of options when it comes to volume control.

1. Set the OEM volume once, and use the JL Audio volume control.

2. Set the JL Audio volume, and continue using the OEM control.

Option 1 is the best for sound quality. But you don't have to go that route. You can continue to use the OEM volume, if you want. You just sacrifice some sound quality by doing so.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Senior Members

Really, that's not what I was told, but cool. You think that might be what's causing the extremely loud dinging though? Maybe the cleansweep isn't processing that input.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I'm not sure about the dinging.

One possibility is that the dinging volume is not controlled by the OEM stereo volume. The OEM stereo controls the volume for the audio, navigation voice instructions, and bluetooth phone level. But to my knowledge, there is no control for the seatbelt chime "ding".

When you add the cleansweep, you are basically adding another unit which has its own volume control. The CleanSweep can take a signal from the factory radio, and boost it if necessary. The amount of boost you give the signal depends on how strong the signal is to begin with. This is where the OEM volume comes into play. When you setup the CleanSweep, you begin by setting the OEM volume to a good level which maximizes the signal-noise ratio without clipping the signal. When you find that point, you are supposed to leave the factory volume alone and then adjust the volume on the CleanSweep. This method yields the best quality.

Now.... if you set the factory volume at a low level, then you would probably need to use the CleanSweep to boost the signal a lot.

Perhaps this is what is happening? You have the OEM radio volume rather low, and then the CleanSweep is set to boost dramatically..... so that when the CleanSweep gets a signal, it's just blasting it. The radio may sound fine because the source volume is low.... but notice how I said that the factory "ding" sound doesn't have a volume control? So while the radio signal is lower to begin with, the seatbelt chime is constant.... and so when it hits that CleanSweep, it gets boosted like crazy and you've got your situation.

I could be wrong, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

That's what I wanted to say, but didn't know how to say, thanks subterfuse.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='389774' date='Feb 10 2007, 05:01 PM
That's what I wanted to say, but didn't know how to say, thanks subterfuse.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Senior Members

nice thanks man I'm going to print and bring this post to my shop lol see if they can fix it thanks a lot guys... maybe I should learn how to use my equipment lol

Quick Reply: Audio Experts Unite!