E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone make clear markers (reflectors) for LCI front bumpers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016 | 01:17 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sports package, premium package
Default Clear Reflector Lights for My 2008 BMW 550i

Hey bud,

I was just womdering if you ever found a place that sells these? I have searched everywhere on the internet and cannot find them anywhere. Crazy huh? Not even in China. Very bizzare. Maybe we should sell these and we'll have a monopoly, lol. You can't really paint over amber in clear either. So I am at a lost of what to do. Hope to hear back from you.

-Zach
Old 03-08-2016 | 06:50 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 535i xdrive
Model Year: 2010

There is no place that sells these because of the lack of demand.

BUT, you can absolutely paint over them and they look perfect. I bought a pair of used reflectors and brought them to a body shop. They painted them OEM color and it is a perfect match. Took 10 minutes to install, pretty easy with a flat head screwdriver.

Originally Posted by HouseDJ4Life
Hey bud,

I was just womdering if you ever found a place that sells these? I have searched everywhere on the internet and cannot find them anywhere. Crazy huh? Not even in China. Very bizzare. Maybe we should sell these and we'll have a monopoly, lol. You can't really paint over amber in clear either. So I am at a lost of what to do. Hope to hear back from you.

-Zach
Old 03-09-2016 | 12:06 AM
New Members

Default Reply on clear reflector lights

Hey thanks for your reply and in getting back to me. However, I'm still a bit confused. Are we referring to the same exact part? Because as far as I know there is no such thing as OEM clear reflector lights for my vehicle. They only come stock (OEM) in the amber (orange/yellow) color. The clear is simply an aftermarket modification. If there was an OEM clear reflector light, I would have purchased them a long time ago, and we wouldn't be here emailing back and forth, lol. Simply put BMW does not make these reflector light in clear. They only come in amber (orange color). When you say "OEM" and referring to clear, what exactly did you mean by that? Look forward to hearing back. Thanks.

-Z
Old 03-09-2016 | 05:42 AM
New Members

BMW does not make clear front reflectors, but I did not reference clear in my reply. I bought OEM ones, which are orange, and then had the body shop paint them to match the car's OEM color. It is a perfect match and ill post a picture tomorrow.

Hey thanks for your reply and in getting back to me. However, I'm still a bit confused. Are we referring to the same exact part? Because as far as I know there is no such thing as OEM clear reflector lights for my vehicle. They only come stock (OEM) in the amber (orange/yellow) color. The clear is simply an aftermarket modification. If there was an OEM clear reflector light, I would have purchased them a long time ago, and we wouldn't be here emailing back and forth, lol. Simply put BMW does not make these reflector light in clear. They only come in amber (orange color). When you say "OEM" and referring to clear, what exactly did you mean by that? Look forward to hearing back. Thanks.

-Z
Old 03-09-2016 | 07:53 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 1997 BMW M3 Black

Originally Posted by rico
Pics of my painted reflectors.
Looks so much better this way!
Old 03-10-2016 | 06:21 AM
New Members

Here are come pics of the former OEM orange reflectors that were painted to match the cars color. My body shop did this for free.

-Z
Attached Thumbnails Anyone make clear markers (reflectors) for LCI front bumpers?-wp_20160310_08_47_40_pro.jpg   Anyone make clear markers (reflectors) for LCI front bumpers?-wp_20160310_08_47_44_pro.jpg  
Old 03-12-2016 | 08:37 PM
New Members

Default Front Reflectors

Oh my bad, the original post was in regards to CLEAR REFLECTORS, so I was assuming that's what our conversation was in regards too. I am specifically looking into finding a way to make these clear. In my opinion painting them the same color as the car doesn't really do much for me. My gar is a dark gray too (graphite), so it's imperative for me to have that contrast and have these in clear. Smoking them out or making them the same color as my car is not an option for me. I think it looks a lot better in clear with the contrast.