E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone heard of Rennen Modular wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Forged wheels are lighter and stronger than their cast counterpart but not all forged wheels are the same. A lot of forged wheels are made on 5000 or 6000 ton presses which aren't as strong as ones made on an 8000 ton press. Some wheels made from 8000 ton presses include Radenergie, Dinan, Champion Motorsport (Dinan wheels are actually made by Champion) and Neez (not all Neez models but I know my QD7s, or 7 Model as they're called now, are). I've never had any bent issues with my Rads or my QD7s (knock on wood).

Additionally, 1 piece forged wheels will be lighter than multi-piece wheels but multi-piece wheels could be less expensive to repair since they're modular and you can place certain sections if need be.

My personal opinion, I'd get the ADV.1, Klassen, DPE or Modulare concave wheels. Something about the Rennens don't do it for me.

Good luck Mel!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Forged wheels are lighter and stronger than their cast counterpart but not all forged wheels are the same. A lot of forged wheels are made on 5000 or 6000 ton presses which aren't as strong as ones made on an 8000 ton press. Some wheels made from 8000 ton presses include Radenergie, Dinan, Champion Motorsport (Dinan wheels are actually made by Champion) and Neez (not all Neez models but I know my QD7s, or 7 Model as they're called now, are). I've never had any bent issues with my Rads or my QD7s (knock on wood).

Additionally, 1 piece forged wheels will be lighter than multi-piece wheels but multi-piece wheels could be less expensive to repair since they're modular and you can place certain sections if need be.

My personal opinion, I'd get the ADV.1, Klassen, DPE or Modulare concave wheels. Something about the Rennens don't do it for me.

Good luck Mel!!!
Thanks Tony so much for spelling it all out..got it, so your saying the ADV.1, Klassens, etc the brands you mentioned are all made on the 8000 ton press.. Best bet for me it appears.. I love those ADV.1.. what about DPE's and HRE's? I thought those were top notch too? Im assuming the higher the number on the press makes it a better made wheel? sorry for all the questions, I just like to know everything and understand everything.. (I store it in my memory bank)
Old 09-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel
Thanks Tony so much for spelling it all out..got it, so your saying the ADV.1, Klassens, etc the brands you mentioned are all made on the 8000 ton press.. Best bet for me it appears.. I love those ADV.1.. what about DPE's and HRE's? I thought those were top notch too? Im assuming the higher the number on the press makes it a better made wheel? sorry for all the questions, I just like to know everything and understand everything.. (I store it in my memory bank)
Sorry to confuse you Mel. First, yes, the higher the tonnage (is that a word?), the stronger the wheel. Second, I mentioned those wheels (ADV.1, Klassens, DPE...) just as a personal preference over Rennen but not sure if they're made on an 8000 ton press. I believe Klassens are but I don't think ADV.1, DPE or even HRE use that equipment. I think they use 6000 ton press. That said, those are still great quality wheels. They may not be as strong as ones made on a higher press but they're still very tough wheels.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Sorry to confuse you Mel. First, yes, the higher the tonnage (is that a word?), the stronger the wheel. Second, I mentioned those wheels (ADV.1, Klassens, DPE...) just as a personal preference over Rennen but not sure if they're made on an 8000 ton press. I believe Klassens are but I don't think ADV.1, DPE or even HRE use that equipment. I think they use 6000 ton press. That said, those are still great quality wheels. They may not be as strong as ones made on a higher press but they're still very tough wheels.
gotcha.. your not confusing me Tony.. not at all, im just clarifying.. Oh and
tonnage-the capacity of a merchant vessel, expressed either in units of weight, as deadweight tons, or of volume, as gross tons

so yes, it is a word
Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Contributors

tonnage-the capacity of a merchant vessel, expressed either in units of weight, as deadweight tons, or of volume, as gross tons

so yes, it is a word

Old 09-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

I love their R8 wheel. This summer I asked them about the price and I don't want to remember it anymore .

"Concave Forged" is another manufacturer that makes the same wheel design. Here are few pics:

- Antti -
Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Contributors

interesting.. i like the style of the wheel, i love the concaveness to it, plus its forged.. i really need a good wheel to stand up to nyc streets.. Anyone who lives here knows what im talking about.. alloys suck here, thats my experience with that.. aside from my oem wheels im scared to death to put anything else on.. I mean what other options do I have? I NEED a forged wheel correct?

I hear what your saying, I do.. I dont know if I want a replica forged wheel from Umnitza though.. I dont know if thats a smart choice or not.. hence my reason for this thread.. Yet part of me is scared that if i invest in a really good wheel (dont forget I drive my car daily) if something happens to the wheel it will be costing me balls to fix it.. If i buy a 2 or 3 piece wheel is that better or worse for me? im concerned with repairs if something does happen, and is it easy to repair as well... Joe will end up with the 550 and my oem 172's.. me on the other hand even though the m3 will be my DD, I am more cautious, so i want a nice wheel, that will hold up well, I figure ill keep the oem ones the m3 comes with, but a nice summer wheel like that adv1,5.1 makes me friggen drool..
sigh, i need advice guys

now i need to get rid of these Miro's.. if anyone wants them pm me, i have to clean them and take pics, ive been really lazy lately, todays nice and cool, so maybe today.. who knows
Not sure if the Rennen wheels are made the same as the Donz. But I have bent my Donz Galante wheels 3-4 times in 3 years. 2 bents on 1 wheel. Not sure if anyone else experience the same with their wheels.

Also my wheels weigh the same as my OEM 124 with RFT.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Contributors

so yes, it is a word

Get a room you two.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

we are an authorized distributor if you need anything!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:15 AM
New Members

New to the forum and shopping for wheels myself. Found some images of there wheels online so I figured I share. Also I read that the wheels are made on a 10 ton forging press. They look like some high end wheels to me.