E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone heard of Rennen Modular wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I saw them in a bmw magazine and I love this 5 spoke concave wheel. I think it was the R5, or R8? damm I cant remember, but are they good?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Nope, never heard of em, but you're right Mel, they look hot as hell
The R5 Concave, R8 Concave, and the R10 Concave are all nice wheels
Rennen
Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I've heard of them but haven't had any personal experience with them. Member tju317 (Travis) was looking at them a while back for his M5. I think he did some research on them and can give you more info.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Contributors

I think they're the same company as Donz. I asked my friend how much for the R8 recently.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

DK i think your right.. Donz is same co. I think.. the R5 adn R8 or whichever it is in the concave has me drooling.. and thinking, and drooling..lol..

I also like the ADV1 5.1 i think it is.. im kinda torn between the two...
Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
I've heard of them but haven't had any personal experience with them. Member tju317 (Travis) was looking at them a while back for his M5. I think he did some research on them and can give you more info.
From what I heard Rennen is the same as Donz. Iconz also has similar designs so I really don't know who makes what anymore. Maybe one day I'll find a set of 20" wheels, right Tony?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by tju317
From what I heard Rennen is the same as Donz. Iconz also has similar designs so I really don't know who makes what anymore. Maybe one day I'll find a set of 20" wheels, right Tony?
HA! Yeah Travis, you change your mind more than a baby changes diapers.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Members

Rennen And Donz make quality wheels. Rennen & Donz also own EAA pacific which manufacturers Savini wheels, and also originally were making the wheels for D2 forged and private label for over 20 companies. So you may be buying some "high end" brand and you are really buying wheels that are manufactured by
Cor in Miami or EAA in CA.

They are one of my clients so I know a lot about them, and if anyone is really serious about Rennen I can get you a deal. Their Concave R7 is hot too
Old 09-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Mel, a little bird told me Umnitza can make you forged wheels in ANY design your heart may desire

As for Rennen, I don't mind those concaves, even if they do look similar to some DPE and HRE wheels. Don't know about the prices, but if they're comparable to DPE's, why not hit up Michael at Acute Performance for some quotes? I'd definitely put DPE ahead of Rennen... just saying
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GuberM3
Rennen And Donz make quality wheels. Rennen & Donz also own EAA pacific which manufacturers Savini wheels, and also originally were making the wheels for D2 forged and private label for over 20 companies. So you may be buying some "high end" brand and you are really buying wheels that are manufactured by
Cor in Miami or EAA in CA.

They are one of my clients so I know a lot about them, and if anyone is really serious about Rennen I can get you a deal. Their Concave R7 is hot too
interesting.. i like the style of the wheel, i love the concaveness to it, plus its forged.. i really need a good wheel to stand up to nyc streets.. Anyone who lives here knows what im talking about.. alloys suck here, thats my experience with that.. aside from my oem wheels im scared to death to put anything else on.. I mean what other options do I have? I NEED a forged wheel correct?

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Mel, a little bird told me Umnitza can make you forged wheels in ANY design your heart may desire

As for Rennen, I don't mind those concaves, even if they do look similar to some DPE and HRE wheels. Don't know about the prices, but if they're comparable to DPE's, why not hit up Michael at Acute Performance for some quotes? I'd definitely put DPE ahead of Rennen... just saying
I hear what your saying, I do.. I dont know if I want a replica forged wheel from Umnitza though.. I dont know if thats a smart choice or not.. hence my reason for this thread.. Yet part of me is scared that if i invest in a really good wheel (dont forget I drive my car daily) if something happens to the wheel it will be costing me balls to fix it.. If i buy a 2 or 3 piece wheel is that better or worse for me? im concerned with repairs if something does happen, and is it easy to repair as well... Joe will end up with the 550 and my oem 172's.. me on the other hand even though the m3 will be my DD, I am more cautious, so i want a nice wheel, that will hold up well, I figure ill keep the oem ones the m3 comes with, but a nice summer wheel like that adv1,5.1 makes me friggen drool..
sigh, i need advice guys

now i need to get rid of these Miro's.. if anyone wants them pm me, i have to clean them and take pics, ive been really lazy lately, todays nice and cool, so maybe today.. who knows

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of Rennen Modular wheels?