E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone else having problems with Bruce'S cables

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010 | 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 M5

Originally Posted by NYC530XI
And the labor to assemble the cables is free? Shipping them across the Atlanctic?

While you may be correct about the cost of the parts there is more to the cost of an item than parts alone.

Even if Bruce does make $200 or $250 a set of cables he has every right. I don't see any other competing Companies or people making these cables that actually work, and in bulk, so he has the market cornered. If they were so easy to make effectively a Chinese Company would have made them in bulk by now.

Since you are knowledgable about the cable construction and assembling them, why don't you make them for the members here? Since they only cost $107 to make, maybe you can charge $150 shipped to USA customers. Going by the logic you present here, this is reasonable
You've got a point and perhaps down the line I'll do just that... I'm here for Aresh tho... lol...

The Samsung comparison with the warranty is bad... the TV is obviously more complicated and requires more technology to troubleshoot and repair.

Why not have Aresh send Bruce the cables so that he can repair them and call it a day?

or

Why not send Aresh a new set and have Aresh send Bruce the bad set... Bruce can repair and re-sell them at full price or at cost of repairing?

just my 2 cents...
Old 08-18-2010 | 05:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by 545ier
Funny you say that... your cables don't look half as complicated as the ones that were designed by mja and the parts only totaled $107.15... and they work!!

No dis-respect either but the most expensive parts were the Cable w/Plugs part no. 61120432110 @ $28.00, the thermal compound @$10.03 & muratic acid @ $7.98... and which can be used more than once, and the case @ $6.00... SMH...

If you are making your cables at more cost then these then perhaps it's time to re-design the circuit to make it more cost effective...

An LCI tail light adapter schematic for pre-facelift e60

I purchased the V6 cables as part of the first group buy. I have been thrilled with the way they transformed my car. They weren't inexpensive but I was very impressed with the build quality and haven't regretted purchasing them for a minute. If there were multiple vendors selling similar products (quality, functionality, etc.) at lower prices maybe I would feel that Bruce's should have been lower. However, when you consider the size of his runs, the fact that this is a "niche market" and the cost of his time, I think his prices are reasonable.

Anyone else having problems with Bruce'S cables-light.jpg
Old 08-20-2010 | 05:58 AM
Contributors

Let me be clear. I was not bashing bruce at all. I love my set up. I was just hoping to get possible solutions. I was not offered V6 cables at cost.

P.s. What is cost anyway? lol
Old 08-20-2010 | 06:28 AM
Contributors

Supply, demand, time invested, effort, service, etc. All of these things make it worth the money to pay Bruce for his efforts. I applaud his work. Sure, its expensive, but I'm sure it was a lot of pain to get it to V6 stability.

Why does Microsoft Windows 7 cost $199? Why not just the .3c the DVD costs to burn it to? No mod has transformed my car more than LCI tail retrofit besides maybe my mirrors.
Old 08-20-2010 | 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by 545ier
Funny you say that... your cables don't look half as complicated as the ones that were designed by mja and the parts only totaled $107.15... and they work!!

No dis-respect either but the most expensive parts were the Cable w/Plugs part no. 61120432110 @ $28.00, the thermal compound @$10.03 & muratic acid @ $7.98... and which can be used more than once, and the case @ $6.00... SMH...

If you are making your cables at more cost then these then perhaps it's time to re-design the circuit to make it more cost effective...

An LCI tail light adapter schematic for pre-facelift e60
so whatever happened to that DIY? I'd love to see the finished product from that....seems that thread died out...
Old 09-02-2010 | 10:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 525i CPO
Model Year: 2004

I have v5 cables and they failed with message saying "left tail lamp malfunction" within 10 months of purchase. The only solution offered at the time was to upgrade to v6 for $400 bucks. It basically sucks doing business with someone outside the US and I don't think I'd make the same mistake again.
Old 09-15-2010 | 01:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

I too have the LCI tail lights with v5 and get the left tail light malfunction as well. Complaining about the prices of the cables? No.
Finding out that after 5-6 revisions people are still having similar issues, makes me wonder how much quality control was actually done on these. I think its important for people interested in buying the lights and cables to just be aware of the possible issues, and what options they have in case they do go bad before pulling the trigger and buying them.
Old 09-15-2010 | 01:54 PM
Senior Members

I've had mine for a year with zero issue's so far,sure some people may have problem's but don't forget Bruce was the first to offer this mod(go down the expensive BMW retrofit if you want to see what real daylight robbery is) and i'm so glad I purchased a set because it still bring's a smile to my face everytime I see them!
Old 09-19-2010 | 12:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 550

Im having problems as well..Right tail malfunction
Old 09-19-2010 | 12:59 PM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

You can try to power only the turn signal with the bruce cables and bypas the stop and tail lights with wires from the original plug.
Or did everything died?

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with Bruce'S cables