E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone else having problems with Bruce'S cables

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010 | 04:47 PM
Senior Members

I bought two sets from Bruce Miranda, one for the 530xi and the V6 cables for my 550i. The v5 cables started giving right tail malfunction. When i contacted Bruce about this, his reply was he dosent support these cables anymore so buy the upgrade. Disheartened, i figured i would move on because i will not pay a ridiculous price all over.
Now coincidently my V6 cable went bad, recieved a left tail malfunction.

Now i contacted Bruce again, surely he wouldnt have an issue replacing these. Unfortunately after i paid the refundable deposit, he tells me im over the warranty period and would be charged for the cable. I am shocked that these cables could not stand the test of time. Even more the customer service provided by this individual. I have had plenty transactions with members and vendors on this board. They have always replaced ASAP even when i was clearly out of the year period. After buying twp sets of cables for nearly a grand in total, the least i expect is to have working cables after a year.
Old 08-17-2010 | 05:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

i too have gotten this prob

:l

i didnt buy from him directly (nor would i... fuck paying those prices)

i bought it off someone and get it everytime i break... quickly goes away though after 2 secs or so (even while still holding down the break)

i wonder if theres a way to mod this into the ricky method

Old 08-17-2010 | 05:17 PM
Contributors

its rare to see someone not pleased with bruce. curious to watch where this one goes.
Old 08-17-2010 | 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 M5

sorry to hear that aresh... I hope Bruce mans up and helps you out.
Old 08-17-2010 | 05:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

I'm assuming the light bulbs are OK and are not the cause of the Lamp Malfunction warning?

While BMW offers an official LCI lighting retrofit path, it is a tremendously expensive retrofit. Even those components are not warrantied forever and cannot be easily uninstalled with the programming involved.

Bruce offers a quick and error-free method to install the LCI rear light and the process is completely reversible. Everyone of us who has Bruce's cables use them under different conditions, so they will have different lifespans. If it is out of the warranty period, the vendor is not obligated to remediate.

I have Bruce's V6 cables and I am still keeping my pre-LCI light - just in case. To prolong the life of the cables, MTEC v2 angel eyes, RDash rear registration LED, and the adaptive bi-Xenon headlamp, I avoid using the Auto position of the light switch. I make sure that light switch is in the Off position when I start and stop the vehicle (this has something to do with voltage spikes and drops).
Old 08-17-2010 | 05:38 PM
Senior Members

God_003 im surprised your having this issue as well. What version cables donyou have? I actually paid for both of my cables and cant get a replacment for the V6 because i bought them in May 09 and im over a year. Its really annoying, that stupid ding noise everytime. I was thinking about the Ricky mod as well, maybe that would bypass the whole Brake malfunction.
Old 08-17-2010 | 05:48 PM
Senior Members

Vkhong: i tottally agree with you, thats why i was wondering if im the only one with this issue. I have isolated the problem to the cables. I would not start this thread if i wasnt a hundred percent sure. In all honesty, if someone spent close to a grand for my products and they had problems, i would step up and resolve the issues warranty or not. Happy customers will bring more customers.
Old 08-17-2010 | 06:50 PM
Contributors

12 month warranty is BS and should have been the first red flag

even suspension companies like KW and JIC offer a huge warranty and those items receive the most wear and tear

just another reason I wont jump to buy his cables
Old 08-17-2010 | 08:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by aresh
I bought two sets from Bruce Miranda, one for the 530xi and the V6 cables for my 550i. The v5 cables started giving right tail malfunction. When i contacted Bruce about this, his reply was he dosent support these cables anymore so buy the upgrade. Disheartened, i figured i would move on because i will not pay a ridiculous price all over.

Now i contacted Bruce again, surely he wouldnt have an issue replacing these. Unfortunately after i paid the refundable deposit, he tells me im over the warranty period and would be charged for the cable. I am shocked that these cables could not stand the test of time. Even more the customer service provided by this individual. I have had plenty transactions with members and vendors on this board. They have always replaced ASAP even when i was clearly out of the year period. After buying twp sets of cables for nearly a grand in total, the least i expect is to have working cables after a year.
I have the V6 and have good luck so far...
Old 08-17-2010 | 08:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by aresh

Use V5 left and V6 right. You still have 1 set available to use. J/K
Wish Bruce mans up and helps you out.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with Bruce'S cables