E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anybody with pics of a 5 series with Donz Genovese?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody have or seen pics of Donz Genovese on a 5

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
6series.bmp (398.1 KB, 159 views)
Old 05-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

You know, I've never even considered Donz rims solely because of their name? May be kind of stupid, but I think, if you're making wheels for cars, calling them names from gangster movies (or giving them real-life gangster names, for that matter) is friggin retarded. Tells me the manufacturer is not really a car guy - you just making equivalent of bling-bling for cars... just sharing my thoughts - I don't think these rims are bad-looking or anything

/thread crapping (sorry)
Old 05-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by v_therussian
You know, I've never even considered Donz rims solely because of their name? May be kind of stupid, but I think, if you're making wheels for cars, calling them names from gangster movies (or giving them real-life gangster names, for that matter) is friggin retarded. Tells me the manufacturer is not really a car guy - you just making equivalent of bling-bling for cars... just sharing my thoughts - I don't think these rims are bad-looking or anything

/thread crapping (sorry)
Lol we both think the same way
Old 05-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Senior Members

Not really caring for the name either, I just like the wheels and wonder how they would look on the 5 series. I dont think that you can judge the quality of a wheel by the name. They could be crap or they could be great quality. Without some evidence of either it doesnt really make sense to guess. Do you guys know of some similar looking wheels made by another company that has a good rep??
Old 05-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
...I dont think that you can judge the quality of a wheel by the name...

LOL of course not! But not like I've never wondered what the "BS" in my BBS's stands for, or "DP" in [my future] DPE's

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
They could be crap or they could be great quality. Without some evidence of either it doesnt really make sense to guess. Do you guys know of some similar looking wheels made by another company that has a good rep??

Look at Radenergie - I believe they have a similar-looking style. But man, I was just kidding about the name. I know a few people on this forum have Donz, and I've never seen a bad post about them - that tells me their quality is not bad. That, or the people who buy them got that gangsta dough, so they just replace the whole set whenever a quality issue comes up
Old 05-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I shared that same sentiment about the name. It does sound pretty thug
Old 05-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
LOL of course not! But not like I've never wondered what the "BS" in my BBS's stands for, or "DP" in [my future] DPE's

Look at Radenergie - I believe they have a similar-looking style. But man, I was just kidding about the name. I know a few people on this forum have Donz, and I've never seen a bad post about them - that tells me their quality is not bad. That, or the people who buy them got that gangsta dough, so they just replace the whole set whenever a quality issue comes up
lol at "the gangsta dough"

Its cool, Im not sure about the quality myself, for the prices of some of the wheels they got hopefully the quality is on point. Ill check out those Radenergie.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Contributors

I'm honestly not very sure how much Donz cost, but you can definitely be sure of the quality on DPE's. So if you want to look into those, I strongly recommend contacting member Michael@AcutePerformance - he has very good deals on DPE wheels, and it is possible (again, not sure how much Donz cost) that his price for DPE's will be better than what you're planning to pay for Donz. And DPE is definitely highest quality and it is also forged, which makes it lighter and stronger than Donz, which are (if I'm not mistaken) still cast wheels.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 535xi FULLY LOADED, H&R SPRINGS COLD WEATHER PACKAGE. 1ST SET EVER MADE 20'' DONZ MASSERIA HIGH CONCAVE.

Anybody with pics of a 5 series with Donz Genovese?-img00187-20100126-1155.jpgAnybody with pics of a 5 series with Donz Genovese?-img00186-20100126-1150.jpgAnybody with pics of a 5 series with Donz Genovese?-img00185-20100126-1150.jpgWhat's up, Google 22'' Donz Genovese, click images and you will see a black E60 on 22'' Donz Genovese. Donz Was bought by Rennen Wheels in NYC & CA, but their real name is EAA Extreme Auto Accessories.
I know the owner, and they make cast, and forged wheels for a lot of companies such as Savini, and D2 forged just to name a couple. Donz makes Cast, Forged, 1 Piece Monoblock wheels (only form the Forged line the cast wheels are made in China like almost all cast wheels) the forged wheels are made on a 10k forging process, while most other companies are 5k. I did so much research on wheels for my E60xi, and I learned the hard way, I bought 22'' cast Donz Bonnano ( I should of got cast 20's or 22'' forged rims) since the streets in NY are horrible because i didn't want to lower the car. I sold those, and ordered a custom one of a kind 20''Donz Messeria Extreme Concave wheels (Now you can take any DONZ forged wheel and make it Concave, Ultra concave, X Concave, or 1 piece Monoblock even with their Rennen forged line, and now any style you can get it in Step lip as well. They are now making 1 piece cast Donz & Rennen X Concave wheels that are scheduled to drop later this year @ SEMA. I can get you the Genovese for wholesale prices just let me know what you want to do. I lowered my E60XI with H&R springs on stock struts, and I wished I seen V the Russians thread before I did the install because the ride is horrible, and my wife is Bitching every time she drives the car now. I will have my dealer switch my springs back to stock since i tried to and now the strut wont fully extend so I think the struts are blown, so i will probably get coilovers if the dealer wont change my struts through warranty, if they do I'm staying with stock struts and springs for the comfort ride you need driving in NYC streets. here are some Pics of my E60XI on 22'' Donz Bonnano.I will post pics of my E60XI on H&R springs, and the 20'' Donz Masserria Extreme Concave Wheels as soon as the come in from CA. I want to thank V The Russian for the E60XI H&R spring thread ( I wished I seen Your thread before I did the Install because the RIDE SUCKS BADLY).Anybody with pics of a 5 series with Donz Genovese?-img00076-20100123-1705-1.jpg
Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

22's?....in NYC?....on an e60?...that's all sorts of wrong going on there...

Quick Reply: Anybody with pics of a 5 series with Donz Genovese?