E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Any Videos on LCI 535 Angel Eyes Install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535i xDrive; Black Sapphire Metallic; Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navi, PDC, 20% Solargard Tint

Originally Posted by Roy7
Just finished. Took me about 2-3 hours, (2 hours for the first, 30 minutes for the second).

I took out the Headlight enclosure (as per Umnitza's rec), and then it was easy.

The reason why it was challenging at first, is that in the 2008/09 LCI, there is this orange Angel Eye lightbulb enclosure, that was not shown in the instructions. Now the first time, I just took that entire enclosure out (which was a bitch to get out), and then switched out the bulb.

On the second one, I left the enclosure in and just switched out the bulb, and it went much more smoothly.

Once you switch the bulb, then you twist the bulb (in the enclosure) to get the optimal light setting.

The important part regarding removing the overall headlight enclosure, is that you have to first pull it towards you (if you are standing in front of the headlight), and then pull the light laterally (towards the side), to get the entire headlamp enclosure out. Once that's been done you're good.

Once the headlamp enclosure is out, you're great.

In retrospect, I may not have had to actually remove the entire headlight, but it would have been much more challenging to remove twist the light bulb out, as well as the the cap. It worked out either way.

Thanks to the guys at Umnitza (I called them a couple times for help).

Oh noooo.. I just went to go for a ride, and now have an error message!!

"Left Daytime Driving Light" "Right Daytime Driving Light".

I've messaged the guys at Umnitza, anyone have any suggestions?

Update: Fixed - I called them they recommended turning off daytime running lights to get rid of the message (the lights still come on).

If I still have the issue then I can unplug all the connections, line them up, and reattach them.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Oh noooo.. I just went to go for a ride, and now have an error message!!

"Left Daytime Driving Light" "Right Daytime Driving Light".

I've messaged the guys at Umnitza, anyone have any suggestions?

Update: Fixed - I called them they recommended turning off daytime running lights to get rid of the message (the lights still come on).

If I still have the issue then I can unplug all the connections, line them up, and reattach them.
Are they on right now because it's night time? They wouldn't be on during the day time if you turn off your DRL. Is your car 2008?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i xDrive; Black Sapphire Metallic; Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navi, PDC, 20% Solargard Tint

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Are they on right now because it's night time? They wouldn't be on during the day time if you turn off your DRL. Is your car 2008?
It's a 2009. I just turned off my DRL and the warning stopped. Then I turned it back on, and the warning stayed gone. I dont know why it popped up initially, I think it may be a computer glitch?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

It's a 2009. I just turned off my DRL and the warning stopped. Then I turned it back on, and the warning stayed gone. I dont know why it popped up initially, I think it may be a computer glitch?
No, because it failed either cold or warm check. Turn it back on, and wait for about 3-4 minutes, see if it come back.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i manual Monaco Blue-Sport Package-Cold Weather Package-Premium Package-Heated Rear Seats-PDC-Ipod Connectivity
Model Year: 2008

It shouldn't be throwing the error codes - there's included wiring that's supposed to prevent this.

That being said, I've used them for about 4 months and a ton of miles and have gotten a warning - but only twice and it went away quickly.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gotpowr
It shouldn't be throwing the error codes - there's included wiring that's supposed to prevent this.

That being said, I've used them for about 4 months and a ton of miles and have gotten a warning - but only twice and it went away quickly.
I probably should unplug them, then re-plug them in, but honestly I'd rather just not use my DRL's, and have the at night. I'm too lazy, and not a fan of DRL's.