E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Any good suggestions for good winter mats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any good adresses, web sites? what about the dealers BMW mats?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

MacNeil automotive sells WeatherTech mats. IMHO, these are the best.

Mats
Old 10-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I've got the dealer mats.. Very nice quality and at the drivers side you get a nice pluche part were you can put your heals on! I'm very happy with them!
Old 10-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

I have had both the weathertech mats and the OEM BMW mats. When I lived in Chicago McNeil gave me a free set of mats when I drove out to wherever they are located in the western burbs so they could measure my car at the time. They actually only have about 8 or so different mats and they just stick them in there and see which one is the closest fit. Then when you order and list that as your car that is the one they give you. I was surprised that mats were not specifically designed for your car, but I guess it is a lot cheaper for them to do it that way.

On my next car (330) I ordered the BMW oem mats which were actually cheaper than the Weathertechs. Like $32 for front mats and $17 for rear. I liked them because they were actually designed to fit in the car perfectly. The quality of the mats was as good as the Weathertechs, granted the Weathertechs are just a little bit thicker, but not by much. Afterall, the BMW ones were designed with German winters in mind.

I found that Pacific BWM had them the cheapest through their internet parts sales department. I just checked their site and they don't have the E60 listed online, but here is what the mats look like in the E46:

http://www.pacificbmw.com/catalog/access/d...on=15&model=E46

If you decide you want more information and the price for the E60 they have a tollfree number (800) 909-7278
Old 10-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I'm contemplating the same decision. I've always had WeatherTech's but am leaning toward the BMW mats this time around...
Old 10-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

If you're interested in a super heavy duty mat, check this out<---click here.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Jimbo, they look very similar to the WeatherTechs (MacNeil company, I think).

Actually, the WeatherTechs have more grooves where your right heel would sit. Not sure it that's a good feature or bad one -- most likely there are trade-offs with either approach.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:51 AM
JDN
Contributors

My Weather Techs did a good job for over six years. Then I wore a hole through the heel contact point and kept it going with duct tape on the bottom side. With the BMW CCA discount, I found the BMW mats to be the best buy this time. Don't know how they will wear in the long run, but they offer a lot of protection from dirty boots.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Contributors

If you have a light colored interio, you might try a dark Grey mat to match the primary interior color:

To provide a decent look and feel with dirt-resistance in the winter, I use a Graphite BMW mat in my CreamBeige interior. The Graphite matches the dash, so it looks pretty good. It does not show dirt like the CreamBeige, so it's not always appearing to be filthy. It's the same, BMW mat as is instaled in the factory, just in a different color.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Senior Members

I just got the BMW mats in black. I like them. I joined BMWCCA and forgot about asking about the discount aaarrrghhh!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Any good suggestions for good winter mats?