E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

any aftermarket springs will drop the front about 0.7-0.8 inch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

I'm selling KSports coilovers for $1000 shipped. Also, are you sure you're rubbing on the fender and not the plastic wheel well covers?

Michael
Acute PErformance

Originally Posted by myfiveserie1818
I wish I can spend that kind of $$ on coilovers.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I bet your wheels have higher offsets than mine. my car is dropped on prokit springs right now. it rubs when I make sharp turns or have ppl in the car. the point is, I need to find some springs that will lower the front about .8 of an inch and will still look lowered without rubbing. any ideas? the only choice I have left now is go with the KW coilovers unless someone knows there are springs out there will lower the front less than 1.2 inch.
My wheels do have an aggressive offset. when I was on springs with OEM shocks my fronts rubbed going into driveways etc (always on the front outer corner of the tire), my rear rubbed when I first got the wheels - rolling rear fenders took care of most of it. Then as the OEM shock wore out they rubbed more. Now? With the KSports all rubbing is gone, you ill definitely notice a difference
Old 05-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
I'm selling KSports coilovers for $1000 shipped. Also, are you sure you're rubbing on the fender and not the plastic wheel well covers?

Michael
Acute PErformance
hum.. I am not sure. I think I want to go with the KW Street Comfort soon or later.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Former Vendor

KSport is better than KW in my experience.

KW V2
Great marketing, old coilover technology. The coilovers are not built for each car rather they are just mass produced and tweaked to fit the car. Also, the BIGGEST problem I have with them, when you adjust the height of the car, it changes the spring travel. What this means is that as you change the height, the car handles differently. There is also a high possibility the springs will be very loud as you turn ? if you search you'll see a few members mentioning this. The KW also costs ~$1800.

KSport
BIG in the VW, Nissan, Honda/Acura crowd. Changing the height of the car won't mess with the spring travel. It has a unique method of changing the height where it also won't make clanking sounds when you turn and hit bumps.

Reviews - https://5series.net/forums/topic/983...rts-installed/

Michael
Acute Performance

hum.. I am not sure. I think I want to go with the KW Street Comfort soon or later.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Contributors

dont waste your money with KWs, i had them and i switched out to JIC and havent looked back

Nex and Ksport are based off of the JIC designs with their own spring rates so you really cant go wrong if you stick within those three, but the Ksports have a vendor on here obviously so your warranty actually matters

and as far as your rubbing i bet you are rubbing on the lining and not the fender itself
Old 05-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Former Vendor

+1. OP you didnt answer my question, are you CERTAIN it's rubbing on your fender and not the lining?

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
and as far as your rubbing i bet you are rubbing on the lining and not the fender itself
Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Contributors

i know when i was rubbing it was the lining so we cut it to allow it to flex when the tire hit it on impact and the horrid nosies went away and didnt have to fender roll
Old 05-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Senior Members

KSport is better than KW in my experience.

KW V2
Great marketing, old coilover technology. The coilovers are not built for each car rather they are just mass produced and tweaked to fit the car. Also, the BIGGEST problem I have with them, when you adjust the height of the car, it changes the spring travel. What this means is that as you change the height, the car handles differently. There is also a high possibility the springs will be very loud as you turn ? if you search you'll see a few members mentioning this. The KW also costs ~$1800.

KSport
BIG in the VW, Nissan, Honda/Acura crowd. Changing the height of the car won't mess with the spring travel. It has a unique method of changing the height where it also won't make clanking sounds when you turn and hit bumps.

Reviews - https://5series.net/forums/topic/983...rts-installed/

Michael
Acute Performance
thanks for all the infor. all these coilovers will drop at least 1.2 inch in the highest setting on the front, but KW street comfort will allow me to drop about .8 inch on the highest setting which is perfect for me. I can play without rubbing with that little extra space and still will look low. why cant other coilovers can drop in the range of 0.8 to 2? lol...still, the only cure for me is the KWs street comforts, but they are a little pricy for me
Old 05-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Former Vendor

on KSPORT you can raise it as much as you want. you can run it as a 4x4 if you want. KW IS NOT YOUR ONLY CHOICE! You still didn't answer my question though.

thanks for all the infor. all these coilovers will drop at least 1.2 inch in the highest setting on the front, but KW street comfort will allow me to drop about .8 inch on the highest setting which is perfect for me. I can play without rubbing with that little extra space and still will look low. why cant other coilovers can drop in the range of 0.8 to 2? lol...still, the only cure for me is the KWs street comforts, but they are a little pricy for me
Old 05-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Senior Members

+1. OP you didnt answer my question, are you CERTAIN it's rubbing on your fender and not the lining?

I think its rubbing on both. when I look under the car, some of paint was gone on the edge of each fender.

Quick Reply: any aftermarket springs will drop the front about 0.7-0.8 inch?